Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:52:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitLasers.com - Handheld Lasers and accessories (We ship worldwide)  (Read 53784 times)
Grix (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 01:37:22 PM

Some news: Unfortunately it seems that a shipment of green laser parts won't arrive in time for Bitcoin Friday, so I will probably not be able to have them in stock. That is, except the expensive 520nm green one. I know this is terrible planning on my part. However, you can still preorder green lasers if you want, and get the discount. If so, the order will be shipped as soon as I get the parts, at worst within a week or two after Bitcoin Friday.

Other lasers will become stocked up in time. I hope I have enough parts this year, last year most lasers were sold out before the day was over.  Undecided

Do you have any simple laser pointers? Not those burning ones that are dangerous but the ones used in presentations etc?

Unfortunately no. I might stock them in the future some time, but I couldn't really compete with other stores in terms of price, you can buy such laser pens for like $1 shipped on ebay.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 12:48:10 PM

Well, tomorrow it's time for this year's Bitcoin Black Friday!

Bitlasers.com will be having a 15% off site wide sale, so an even better discount than last year!

Only valid when paying in bitcoin, not paypal.

Use coupon code "BBF".

And in other news, we just released our most powerful laser yet, check out this beast: http://bitlasers.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=74

SwissMiner

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 12:54:26 PM

Bitlasers.com will be having a 15% off site wide sale, so an even better discount than last year!

Use coupon code "BBF".

And in other news, we just released our most powerful laser yet, check out this beast: http://bitlasers.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=74

BS  Angry

it's not working ..

Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

.. bitcoin's make the world go around .. world go around .. world go around ..
SwissMiner

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 12:57:17 PM

.. bitcoin's make the world go around .. world go around .. world go around ..
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 03:46:12 PM

Use coupon code "BBF".

BS  Angry

it's not working ..

Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

BBF is tomorrow, November 29th. The coupon code will be activated then. Sorry for the confusion.

Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 11:00:12 PM

Just a little status on the stock levels:

Most lasers that are out of stock except green ones are expected to ship shortly anyways, within a week or maybe two. Green lasers however can take a little longer, up to three weeks, but possibly sooner.

Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:56:20 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 03:00:05 PM by Grix

Some super interesting stuff happening in the laser scene right now. The most powerful direct green laser diode ever has appeared on the market. 1 whole watt of 520nm! That would be an incredible sight. Unfortunately the diodes alone are $1000, but most likely they will drop significantly in price in some months. Also, a spec sheet for a 475nm (turquoise blue) 900mW diode has been leaked too. I can't wait!

PS: Stock level update: Most lasers should be in stock in less than a week. Green lasers might take longer, up to two weeks perhaps.

oxxymoronn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:53:25 AM

Dude this is really cool, best of luck.
kfruit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:56:12 AM

Any updates on when things will be available again? I'm interested in the 50mW Violet Laser.
psyclon

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:41:09 PM

I'm opening up a little store selling handheld lasers and accessories for bitcoin!

These lasers are all built by me from parts, so these are pretty much unique. You won't find this powerful lasers except on a few select sites, and my prices are also usually lower.

The lasers are sold in semi-assembled states. Some assembly is required, though it is very easy, takes only a couple of minutes are require no tools or experience. Selling the lasers like this makes them legal to import, so you don't have to worry about customs.

Now, I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: If you want to buy a laser, you must absolutely understand the dangers involved. A split-second of the beam hitting your eye, and you might permanently damage your vision. These lasers are absolutely not toys. I sell protective glasses and I absolutely encourage that you buy and use them. These lasers are also prohibited in some countries, make sure you know the local laws.

I figure bitcoin is mostly used by geeks (no offense Smiley ), and what does a geek love more than a badass laser? So take a look: http://bitlasers.com

If you have any questions, please contact me on this forum, or at gitlem@gmail.com .

Are these legal in the US/other countries? I suppose there is a reason they come disassembled.
battlescars

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:57:47 PM

lasers are scary, can you go blind if a 25 or 50 mw laser hits you in the eye for 1 second and u look away.

Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:24:39 PM

Are these legal in the US/other countries? I suppose there is a reason they come disassembled.

I'm not 100% sure about american law. I believe they are legal to import as is (marked as parts), but I'm not sure if they are legal to own because they are not explicitly approved by the FDA. But as long as you don't use it in public, the chance of getting into trouble is pretty much nil. Many other companies such as wickedlasers ship to america even though they also are not approved by the FDA (they claim to be legal but it's not true: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm234938.htm )

Any updates on when things will be available again? I'm interested in the 50mW Violet Laser.

I've been having long delays on parts shipments, probably because of christmas mail congestion. They should have arrived now. The status for almost all out-of-stock lasers are the same now: They could arrive any day. Maybe tomorrow, but maybe not for another week or two, I really don't know.

lasers are scary, can you go blind if a 25 or 50 mw laser hits you in the eye for 1 second and u look away.

Yes you can, lasers should be handled very carefully. Then again, guns and knives can do a lot of damage too, it's all about treating the objects with respect. 25-50mW will not completely blind you, but you can risk a permanent blind spot in your vision. I got lucky, a few years ago I got hit in the eye with a 30mW model, but after a few days it healed fully.

battlescars

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:53:56 PM

oh boy that is very scary, it is hard to imagine that you can ruin your vision in less than a second by misuse or accident.

It is really important to get glasses or handle with exterme care.

the 5 senses are important, lose one its like you lose life.

kfruit

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:02:32 AM

I've been having long delays on parts shipments, probably because of christmas mail congestion. They should have arrived now. The status for almost all out-of-stock lasers are the same now: They could arrive any day. Maybe tomorrow, but maybe not for another week or two, I really don't know.

That's unfortunate, I guess I'll just wait a bit then, hopefully my bitcoin will be worth a little more also Tongue
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 01:40:29 PM

That's unfortunate, I guess I'll just wait a bit then, hopefully my bitcoin will be worth a little more also Tongue

The package arrived today! We now have the 50mW violet as well as most of the green lasers in stock.

kfruit

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:29:37 PM

The package arrived today! We now have the 50mW violet as well as most of the green lasers in stock.

Great! Apparently I read wrong, I thought that laser was the cheapest one that could burn stuff, apparently it's the cheapest red one. I really want the violet one for the uniqueness but I'm not sure since it seems to have the worst visibility, although it is waterproof! Decisions, decisions. Also, are the glasses 100% needed? Even when pointing at the sky?
kfruit

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:50:09 PM

Great! Apparently I read wrong, I thought that laser was the cheapest one that could burn stuff, apparently it's the cheapest red one. I really want the violet one for the uniqueness but I'm not sure since it seems to have the worst visibility, although it is waterproof! Decisions, decisions. Also, are the glasses 100% needed? Even when pointing at the sky?
  The green ones are the brightest. Second the blue ones. The glasses are your own decision. Never point it to someones eyes, not even a cat or a mouse. The eyes will be damaged!

Thanks for the info! Green ones are everywhere now a days so nothing really special, unfortunately the cheapest blue one is $140. I understand never to point it at anyones eyes, I wouldn't even do that with those cheap pen lasers. I guess the better question is: Will my eyes get damaged if I use the laser without glasses assuming I never point it anywhere near my eyes? Or are the glasses more for accidents?
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 08:27:24 PM

The green ones are the brightest. Second the blue ones. The glasses are your own decision. Never point it to someones eyes, not even a cat or a mouse. The eyes will be damaged!

Thanks for the info! Green ones are everywhere now a days so nothing really special, unfortunately the cheapest blue one is $140. I understand never to point it at anyones eyes, I wouldn't even do that with those cheap pen lasers. I guess the better question is: Will my eyes get damaged if I use the laser without glasses assuming I never point it anywhere near my eyes? Or are the glasses more for accidents?

The glasses protect against accidental direct hits to your eyes. It's not harmful to look at the beam or dot without glasses.

Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 05:39:31 PM

Most lasers that are not in stock already should be so within a few days. That is, except the 120mW 520nm green laser. We will do a little restructuring in our 520nm green lineup in the next few weeks, will probably replace the current one with several other new models, both weaker and stronger.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:37:52 PM

The glasses protect against accidental direct hits to your eyes. It's not harmful to look at the beam or dot without glasses.
I just wanted to add on to this, that this advice should really only be for the 50mW violet laser that they are talking about here. If you're looking at one of the higher power ones or the green ones (especially the 1W+ ones) I would say that glasses are needed all the time. With my 1800mW blue one, just the spot on a flat matte wall is dazzling, and the chance of damage from even a brief specular reflection is too high to risk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: