Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:54:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitLasers.com - Handheld Lasers and accessories (We ship worldwide)  (Read 53784 times)
Grix (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 05:59:48 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2016, 06:14:26 PM by Grix

I'm opening up a little store selling handheld lasers and accessories for bitcoin!

These lasers are all built by me from parts, so these are pretty much unique. You won't find this powerful lasers except on a few select sites, and my prices are also usually lower. Lasers are very fun to play with. Almost all my lasers have visible beams, some of them are astonishingly bright. I also sell several lasers that are powerful enough to burn, even set bare wood on fire without any assistance.

The lasers are sold in semi-assembled states. Some assembly is required, though it is very easy, takes only a couple of minutes are require no tools or experience. Selling the lasers like this makes them legal to import, so you don't have to worry about customs.

Now, I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: If you want to buy a laser, you must absolutely understand the dangers involved. A split-second of the beam hitting your eye, and you might permanently damage your vision. These lasers are absolutely not toys. I sell protective glasses and I absolutely encourage that you buy and use them. These lasers are also prohibited in some countries, make sure you know the local laws.

I figure bitcoin is mostly used by geeks (no offense Smiley ), and what does a geek love more than a badass laser? So take a look: http://bitlasers.com

If you have any questions, please contact me on this forum, or at gitlem@gmail.com .

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I am Grix/GrixM, 2016-01-09
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
Address 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
Signature HIU0fDkWyxPZ5vTssVvWEqdyiN4OoY4RLcFUQgVhmqIDUncmM6TZ0JVmcIZMK4YbSoQtiE0wxqmxTan/WBytW24=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 07:35:43 PM

I am all over this after a little bit. That blue one is calling my name!

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 07:48:36 PM

This would be like the worst thing I could ever buy. Very tempting.

The blue one is like a serious weapon right? 1300mW damn.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 07:54:45 PM

Fucking WOW, Too hardcore!, I wanted to pop a balloon and such, Not melt a hole in my wall!.
Get some lower power ones Tongue i need to replace my old green 445nm Stock one that i got from hongkong...  

I will probably stock cheaper and lower powered ones soon, but I'd like to gauge interest first. Plus, as lower powered ones are being mass produced in china, the cost probably won't beat the ones you find elsewhere, while these higher powered ones are cheaper than that of f.ex. wickedlasers.com, the biggest seller by far, but still allowing for a profit to me.

This would be like the worst thing I could ever buy. Very tempting.

The blue one is like a serious weapon right? 1300mW damn.

I am all over this after a little bit. That blue one is calling my name!

Yes, it is quite frightening!  Wink

But if you use it responsibly there won't be a problem. They are only as dangerous as you make them. And what a sight it is in the night sky!

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 02:55:20 AM

I can't help but notice you're using CREE drivers, right? (it's on one of those pics) IMHO, cheap cree drivers are really meant for led's and the such. Maybe try using one of those quality lasers by Moh's or DTR?  Cheesy
xanadu

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 08:20:29 AM

Alright, I'll bite, I'm a sucker for laser gadgets.

Order placed, discount applied, bitcoins sent.  Will report back if/when the device arrives and if it hits their specs after testing.

-X
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 09:40:50 AM

I can't help but notice you're using CREE drivers, right? (it's on one of those pics) IMHO, cheap cree drivers are really meant for led's and the such. Maybe try using one of those quality lasers by Moh's or DTR?  Cheesy

No, I'm not using Cree drivers, only the flashlight host. I'm using Mohrenbergs's linear driver, don't worry Smiley

Order placed, discount applied, bitcoins sent.  Will report back if/when the device arrives and if it hits their specs after testing.

-X

Thanks! I will pack it up and send it your way monday.  Grin

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 12:11:09 PM

Do you offer an option with a bigger heatsink, and a detachable collimator?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 01:10:17 PM

Do you offer an option with a bigger heatsink, and a detachable collimator?

I don't offer different heatsinks atm, but I will probably offer at least copper heatsink upgrades in the future. The lens is already detachable, you can install any aftermarket lens that fits aixiz modules (m9 x .5 pitch threading). I'll probably offer upgraded lenses myself too. A 1800-2000mW blue laser should be doable with the right parts.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:11:43 PM

No, I'm not using Cree drivers, only the flashlight host. I'm using Mohrenbergs's linear driver, don't worry Smiley

-X

Thanks! I will pack it up and send it your way monday.  Grin

That's good to hear. Any information when the next 1.3w ++ blue laser will be in? Also, is the actual light wattage is 1.3w (measured via a laser meter)? I'm planning to pick a high powered laser just for fun, and was looking at wickedlasers before I saw yours.
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 05:06:03 PM

That's good to hear. Any information when the next 1.3w ++ blue laser will be in? Also, is the actual light wattage is 1.3w (measured via a laser meter)? I'm planning to pick a high powered laser just for fun, and was looking at wickedlasers before I saw yours.

I think I'll order new parts for blues within a few days.

Yes, the powers stated on the website is the actual powers. I don't have an LPM, but diode lasers, given a certain current, will always output the same power within a small tolerance. I guarantee that the 1300mW one will never go below 1200mW, and usually it will be more powerful.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 08:12:41 PM

What brand are your safety glasses? I want to check the specifications of the glasses myself.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 08:58:36 PM

They are T-rex branded, my supplier states these specs:

Visible Light Penetrated Ratio: >55%

Optical Density: >5.0(OD+5,OD+6)

Attenuation Ratio: 10-6

I test every pair before I sell them to ensure adequate quality.

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 01:48:52 AM

Those look pretty awesome, how much will you be selling the blue lasers for?

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Electricbees

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:18:32 AM

Is it possible to build more powerful handheld lasers? Perhaps a 2w model?
In all honesty, I would like the beefiest laser possible, so I can use it to cut materials like wood, plastic, fabric, etc...

I'm reading here that the violet laser is a single mode, meaning you can focus the laser into a very small point... Are there laser-builds possible that utilize more milliwattage, but still have that feature?

Donations are welcome!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:27:10 AM

In all honesty, I would like the beefiest laser possible, so I can use it to cut materials like wood, plastic, fabric, etc...

I'm reading here that the violet laser is a single mode, meaning you can focus the laser into a very small point... Are there laser-builds possible that utilize more milliwattage, but still have that feature?

+1 lol. I want the most macho handheld laser on this earth! Rawr!  Grin
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 05:43:34 AM

Yes, higher powered lasers than what I sell is possible, either by increasing current alone (But that would shorten lifetime and duty cycles, so I'm not going to do that), or upgrading components like the heatsink to allow a little higher current, and a high-efficiency lens. But that would of course increase the cost, lenses alone can be quite expensive.

The higher single mode would have to be a violet one, they could potentionally go close to 1W.. But the best for burning is still blue 445nm just because of the sheer power. As said above, a 1800-2000mW laser is doable, and I think I will sell them in the future sometime. (Not cheap though, just saying. It would cost at least $250).

Electricbees

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 06:03:35 AM

Yes, higher powered lasers than what I sell is possible, either by increasing current alone (But that would shorten lifetime and duty cycles, so I'm not going to do that), or upgrading components like the heatsink to allow a little higher current, and a high-efficiency lens. But that would of course increase the cost, lenses alone can be quite expensive.

The higher single mode would have to be a violet one, they could potentionally go close to 1W.. But the best for burning is still blue 445nm just because of the sheer power. As said above, a 1800-2000mW laser is doable, and I think I will sell them in the future sometime. (Not cheap though, just saying. It would cost at least $250).

Price is no issue for me, so long as it's reasonable for the hardware, labor invested, and such. That all being said, if I see some good feedback on your previous orders, would you by chance be willing to build one custom for me? Perhaps a 2W blue 445nm, before you are offering them to the general public? I suppose that might be asking a bit much, but if not, I can certainly wait until you stock them.

Donations are welcome!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 06:48:02 AM

I'm drooling at the 2.2w blue laser by survival lasers here : http://www.survivallaser.com/Survival_Laser_II_Special_Edition_445nm_Parts_Bundle_Laser_Components_Only/p556088_5173902.aspx

Any chances of doing something high powered like that? Grin
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 08:13:21 AM

Those look pretty awesome, how much will you be selling the blue lasers for?

The one I offered when I lauched the website was $189. I wish there was a way to display sold out items and their price on the website in a non-clumsy way, but I haven't found one yet.

I'm drooling at the 2.2w blue laser by survival lasers here : http://www.survivallaser.com/Survival_Laser_II_Special_Edition_445nm_Parts_Bundle_Laser_Components_Only/p556088_5173902.aspx

Any chances of doing something high powered like that? Grin

He's got a little more resources than me, so what he has done is bought a bunch of diodes and cherry picked the most efficient ones, but diodes are expensive, so I doubt I'll reach those powers any time soon. But as said above, 1.8W should be doable, and for much cheaper than the survival laser one. Smiley

That being said, there is a new type of blue diode being researched by the community as we speak, discovered in a movie projector. If that turns out to be more powerful than the current diodes in circulation, maybe we will see >2W lasers soon after all!

Price is no issue for me, so long as it's reasonable for the hardware, labor invested, and such. That all being said, if I see some good feedback on your previous orders, would you by chance be willing to build one custom for me? Perhaps a 2W blue 445nm, before you are offering them to the general public? I suppose that might be asking a bit much, but if not, I can certainly wait until you stock them.

Yes, I could do that, but as said I don't really have the money to buy too much stock, so by offering it to you exclusively I'd also have to make the others that might want one wait longer for me to restock, so I think putting it on the website, then first come first serve, would be more fair.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: