Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:20:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitLasers.com - Handheld Lasers and accessories (We ship worldwide)  (Read 53784 times)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 11:49:27 AM

Those look pretty awesome, how much will you be selling the blue lasers for?

The one I offered when I lauched the website was $189. I wish there was a way to display sold out items and their price on the website in a non-clumsy way, but I haven't found one yet.

I'm drooling at the 2.2w blue laser by survival lasers here : http://www.survivallaser.com/Survival_Laser_II_Special_Edition_445nm_Parts_Bundle_Laser_Components_Only/p556088_5173902.aspx

Any chances of doing something high powered like that? Grin

He's got a little more resources than me, so what he has done is bought a bunch of diodes and cherry picked the most efficient ones, but diodes are expensive, so I doubt I'll reach those powers any time soon. But as said above, 1.8W should be doable, and for much cheaper than the survival laser one. Smiley

That being said, there is a new type of blue diode being researched by the community as we speak, discovered in a movie projector. If that turns out to be more powerful than the current diodes in circulation, maybe we will see >2W lasers soon after all!

Price is no issue for me, so long as it's reasonable for the hardware, labor invested, and such. That all being said, if I see some good feedback on your previous orders, would you by chance be willing to build one custom for me? Perhaps a 2W blue 445nm, before you are offering them to the general public? I suppose that might be asking a bit much, but if not, I can certainly wait until you stock them.

Yes, I could do that, but as said I don't really have the money to buy too much stock, so by offering it to you exclusively I'd also have to make the others that might want one wait longer for me to restock, so I think putting it on the website, then first come first serve, would be more fair.

BTW, just put a placeholder on the site for all of your lasers stating the price you'll sell for and the fact that it's 'out of stock'. Hence people could just pre-order from you and possibly pay a small deposit on it. Just removing the page after it's sold seems bad for business  Wink
I'm waiting to see your success here! Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JohnBigheart

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:02:37 PM

They look very cool. But what are they intended to be used for? They are definitively too strong for playing around and too weak to cut materials. I am sure there are billions of other uses for lasers but right now none comes to my mind. So a round of question to the interested parties: what would you use yours for?

World renowned expert on silly sketches and stupid gif animations.
Your tips are welcome: 17cETm8zDugFKuNQMprW6GgAFEpmrcPUA
Grix (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 04:10:29 PM

They look very cool. But what are they intended to be used for? They are definitively too strong for playing around and too weak to cut materials. I am sure there are billions of other uses for lasers but right now none comes to my mind. So a round of question to the interested parties: what would you use yours for?

It's hard to explain, things don't have to have a practical use to have a value. I know I said in my first post that lasers are not toys, but then again, maybe they are toys for grownups. The magnificent beam in the night sky is a sight that always makes me gape in awe. And the gadget factor is just enormous Smiley

Though they do have some actual applications:

Astronomy (Pointing out stars)
Aligning stuff
Signaling
Long range illumination
Violet lasers can detect UV-sensitive markings (invisible pens for example)
Creating fire

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:44:21 PM

They're toys for adult star wars fans. Although I wouldn't rate it as a toy as it's as lethal as a gun when used not carefully. You could blind yourself just from exposure to the beam in 1/500 seconds.
likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 05:00:12 PM

Don't think lethal is the correct term. Unless maybe you pointed it at someones head for a long period of time, but I think that person would move

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 05:18:29 PM

Don't think lethal is the correct term. Unless maybe you pointed it at someones head for a long period of time, but I think that person would move
A 1+w laser pointer could burn though a paper in a couple seconds, almost instantaneous if the paper is black. You'll get a burn just from shining it over your skin, and cancer possibly. It wouldn't take a long period to do some harm with that.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 05:41:11 PM

Yay, I can read the invisible ink for a fraction of a second before the paper catches fire (assuming the violet ones are as powerful as the others) Smiley
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 05:55:10 PM

Yay, I can read the invisible ink for a fraction of a second before the paper catches fire (assuming the violet ones are as powerful as the others) Smiley

You can unfocus the laser until it becomes no more dangerous than a flashlight, hehe

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 05:57:28 PM

You can unfocus the laser until it becomes no more dangerous than a flashlight, hehe
How wide can the beam be spread with the included lens?
Also, how about a green laser that will work as a pointer for a presentation, so isn't dangerous, but is brighter than the usual stuff?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 07:22:47 PM

I noticed that the wickedlaser pointers claim that they can stay on continuously without you worrying about overheating. Do they just have a badass heatsink on them?
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 07:50:00 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2012, 08:22:35 PM by Grix

How wide can the beam be spread with the included lens?
Also, how about a green laser that will work as a pointer for a presentation, so isn't dangerous, but is brighter than the usual stuff?

You can unscrew the lens completely, which will make the beam as wide as a regular flashlight (Over 1 meter diameter dot a few meters away).

I will order green lasers in various powers very soon.

I noticed that the wickedlaser pointers claim that they can stay on continuously without you worrying about overheating. Do they just have a badass heatsink on them?

Their spyder III series is massive, yes, but I think the most important factor is that they have set the current quite low on purpose to avoid lasers breaking. In others words, the diodes in their lasers could potentially produce much more power, but then they would also produce more heat.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 08:11:30 PM

high power lasers only have one purpose: burning shit up! Cheesy

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Uncurlhalo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

|Argus| Accounting and Auditing on the Blockchain

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 03:40:06 AM

When will you have lasers in other price ranges in stock? Also what other styles of lasers can we expect and by when. You have some very cool stuff. I'd be interested in things in the 160$ price area.  Thanks!

Argus the revolution in making
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 05:54:49 AM

When will you have lasers in other price ranges in stock? Also what other styles of lasers can we expect and by when. You have some very cool stuff. I'd be interested in things in the 160$ price area.  Thanks!

Read the thread, hehe, I think I've answered that at least three times Smiley

Yes, there will be more laser in the catalog soon, including green lasers in various powers, weaker red and violet lasers, and possibly a more powerful blue laser. tl;dr: a bunch of more lasers.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 05:59:09 AM

Grix, I support your store fully.

Let me know when you get a high powered Spyder Arctic III green.

dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 10:12:57 AM

It's hard to explain, things don't have to have a practical use to have a value. I know I said in my first post that lasers are not toys, but then again, maybe they are toys for grownups. The magnificent beam in the night sky is a sight that always makes me gape in awe. And the gadget factor is just enormous Smiley

Though they do have some actual applications:

Astronomy (Pointing out stars)
Aligning stuff
Signaling
Long range illumination
Creating fire

FIRE! .. waiting for the blue to be in stock!

poop!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 12:37:02 PM

Cutting stuff ftw! I wonder how it'll do against the tires of a car ...l Tongue
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 02:25:14 PM

Wicked Lasers's advertisement team has the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzsNGiV1YXU#t=0m35s

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 02:52:27 PM

Wicked Lasers's advertisement team has the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzsNGiV1YXU#t=0m35s
Uh that's just video editing... Undecided
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 03:18:51 PM

Uh that's just video editing... Undecided

No shit, sherlock, it's just a joke Smiley

Also, good news: I've ordered parts for two more blue 1.3W lasers, and a 100mW green one. They should arrive within a week, two weeks max, but you never know with the postal service..

I'm also investigating how to offer a reliable 1.8-2W laser, because of the interest. I'd have to use a different host because it would need better heatsinking, and I'm not sure of the batteries either. Some CR123s can't handle the current draw. I'll get back to you guys.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: