Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:49:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitLasers.com - Handheld Lasers and accessories (We ship worldwide)  (Read 53784 times)
Grix (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 09:16:29 AM

Orders made yesterday will go out in todays mail..

Just an interest check.. It seems people are very interested in the blue lasers, but not so much in the others Smiley
Why is this, I mean, what do you guys prioritize in a laser? Visibility? Burning power? Color? Price?

Some time in the next few days I'll make some videos showing what the different lasers can do, for information and advertising.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 09:22:41 AM

Orders made yesterday will go out in todays mail..

Just an interest check.. It seems people are very interested in the blue lasers, but not so much in the others Smiley
Why is this, I mean, what do you guys prioritize in a laser? Visibility? Burning power? Color? Price?

Some time in the next few days I'll make some videos showing what the different lasers can do, for information and advertising.

Pure powaahh!  Grin
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:25:16 PM

The blue one is the best looking (lazer), I want a yellow lazer, But i am told those require Rediculos amounts of power...

What i want is a legal (that 445nm or w/e limit) yellow lazer, One that DOESNT require safety glasses. I care not for burning power, I like the Vibrant Visibility

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 06:00:48 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2012, 06:59:47 PM by Grix

The blue one is the best looking (lazer), I want a yellow lazer, But i am told those require Rediculos amounts of power...

What i want is a legal (that 445nm or w/e limit) yellow lazer, One that DOESNT require safety glasses. I care not for burning power, I like the Vibrant Visibility

As said earlier in this thread, yellow lasers are extremely expensive, but if you are still interested, your best bet is probably: http://www.dragonlasers.com/catalog/Aurora-Series-3mW-Yellow-Laser-Pointer-p-16473.html

EDIT: Here's some eyecandy photos from the new 100mW greenie:

It's waterproof! Just imagine taking this thing for a dive!

Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 03:24:38 AM

Underwater green laser makes me drool...

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 07:47:02 AM

Wow, this is very neat! I was thinking about getting a laser myself, but I am a complete noob.

Mainly what I would be looking for would be a laser to point out stars at night. The blue ones make me drool!  Cheesy

In your opinion, how much power would I need for this to be effective, and would this require glasses for everyone looking at the sky with me? Or are they just worn in case they go directly into your eye? On the same note would it be possible to build one that only turns on while a button is currently being pressed? That way in case it gets dropped, it won't still be on?
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 11:17:37 AM

Wow, this is very neat! I was thinking about getting a laser myself, but I am a complete noob.

Mainly what I would be looking for would be a laser to point out stars at night. The blue ones make me drool!  Cheesy

In your opinion, how much power would I need for this to be effective, and would this require glasses for everyone looking at the sky with me? Or are they just worn in case they go directly into your eye? On the same note would it be possible to build one that only turns on while a button is currently being pressed? That way in case it gets dropped, it won't still be on?

For star pointing, I actually think the blue laser would be TOO bright, it would ruin the night vision.

I would recommend you the green laser, it's brightness should be just right, while also being relatively cheap and safe. Of course a direct hit to the eye could cause serious damage, but while pointing outside without any reflective surfaces around, some caution should be sufficient to avoid injury. Goggles would of course prevent any accidental exposure, but you also can't see the beam through them, so it wouldn't exactly be ideal to wear them while poiting at stars.

I don't have any momentary switch lasers in stock right now, unfortunately. Building one is possible, but few hosts support it, and I don't have any parts lying around, therefore it would take quite some time.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 12:37:28 PM

These are badass, and dirt cheap.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 01:55:28 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2012, 02:11:16 PM by MrTeal

Not to try and steal sales from Grix here since he's providing some awesome products, but if you're just wanting to point out stars I would stay away from the higher power lasers. Something like a good quality 5mW or 20mW laser is plenty for almost any use, and a real 50mW pointer is almost overkill unless you're presenting to a huge group. If you're out at a star party or out anywhere that someone is doing astrophotography it's considered very bad form to be using an excessively bright laser (or any light source, really).  Once you're dark adapted your pupils are dilated and your eyes chemically change from using cones to using the monochromatic but more sensitive rods. You can see much better in the dark, but you're also much more sensitive to damage than you are during the day. Just stay away from the super cheap 50mW green lasers, a lot of them have very crappy or no IR filtering and can be pumping out several times their rated output in IR light, and get one that uses lithium batteries since they perform a lot better in the cold. I've used a couple different ones as finders for telescopes and most don't work as well below 0C and crap out completely below -10 to -20.

Now Grix, here's an interesting question. How custom can you make these? If you have a little lathe and the facilities, I would love a well built green laser with both a momentary and an on/off switch that also has an easy to use external control of the drive current that lets me adjust it between 1mW and 50mW.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 02:05:58 PM

Underwater green laser makes me drool...

WOAH!, How much! If i dont need safety glasses then im intrested in That for a compromise instead of a yellow one

Figured that info out for myself XD I feel slow this morning

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Yuhfhrh

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 04:28:26 PM

Thank you both for your replies and help, I appreciate it!  Cheesy
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 04:47:23 PM

Now Grix, here's an interesting question. How custom can you make these? If you have a little lathe and the facilities, I would love a well built green laser with both a momentary and an on/off switch that also has an easy to use external control of the drive current that lets me adjust it between 1mW and 50mW.

I'm afraid that's a little above my skill level Smiley

I don't have a lathe, so I am dependent on third party hosts, and very few of them has momentary switches, let alone both kind of buttons! All the lasers I sell has a "sort-of combo" button, though. It's a clicky switch, but while it's on, you can use it as a momentary-off button if you only slightly press it in. Momentary-on would be better, I realize, but that's how the switches are built..
The custom driver would also be kind of tricky, but especially with green lasers. I don't make the green modules myself, as they use crystals and are much more complicated than diode-based lasers. This means that the driver and module is sold as one, and so a custom driver with external power adjusting would require a completely different kind of driver setup. Again, there are som good news, though: The drivers from the green lasers I sell has a potentiometer on it, which you can screw on to adjust the power as you want! However, that requires you to disassemble the laser every time you adjust it, and it's kind of risky. If you set the current too high, the laser might die.

Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 08:37:46 PM

Jesus christ, these delays really grind my gears..

Turns out my supplier hasn't even shipped the parts yet. He is shipping them out tomorrow, they should arrive in about a week. And as said, after I've received the parts, I'll have a relatively stable supply.
The parts I'm waiting for is enough to make one more 1.3W blue laser and 2 * approx. 350mW reds which will be pretty cheap, maybe $80 or so.

Prices of violet and orange has been FURTHER decreased.. Much more and I'll be selling them at loss. I just want to get rid of them since you guys obviously are more interested in the blue ones.

I really recommend that 100mW green one, though. It might not burn very well, but it's very bright. It's only beat by the 1.3W blue in brightness, and it's half the price, AND waterproof! Smiley

Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 08:29:08 PM

I have now received parts for two more blues, and a red. However I'll have to assemble the modules first, those drivers are a bitch to solder.

Uncurlhalo

|Argus| Accounting and Auditing on the Blockchain

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:32:24 PM

So I was waiting to get some batteries before I posted a review of my experience and the product but I feel that the customer service provided by Grix is worthy of review. First off I was stupid and in my head convinced myself that his website said "batteries included". This is not so and is my fault so REMEMBER BATTERIES. Now to the ordering. The processing and shipment of the order was very prompt and the product was shipped within a day and a half of my order. It took about 7 days to get to me on the East coast and based just on looks this thing looks beautiful. It seems to be very rugged and I can't wait to try it out. I will update once I have some actual time using the laser. One last thing, about a day after seeing the order had shipped I got a PM from Grix saying he forgot to include a small allen key for assembly, and that he would mail one immediately if I didn't have one of the right size. Luckily I have plenty of allen keys which was great but his promptness about the error was very professional. To comment on the packaging, the whole package was very well secured and had absolutely no damage. Thus far I am extremely satisfied with Grix and his business/product. Hope this helps future buyers and I will update once I get me some batteries!

Argus the revolution in making
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 06:43:51 PM

Thanks for the review! Smiley

More blue 1300mW lasers are now in stock! Check them out: http://bitlasers.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=30

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 07:22:08 PM

Do you also, by chance, sell sharks?

I have a project that requires both.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 08:51:15 PM

If I had a penny for every time I've heard that joke..  Grin

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 08:52:18 PM

Hahaha

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 12:23:24 PM

Bumpin'

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: