Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HP Computer  (Read 3114 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 11:47:33 AM

I own and operate a legitimate business and have also operated and worked with ones in the past. If you need some rep I also have been a member of WebHostingTalk (#1 hosting forum) since 2005 and have rep there. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=129054

So why are you trying to sell to us via a couple of different irreversible payment methods, and also on ebay with no rep?

Seriously, I think the majority of us have been offered the opportunity to buy cheap laptops through western union before... Usually from guys in nigeria...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 11:52:04 AM

Damnit guys, why the fuck do you have to chase away the entrepreneurs? If no one wants it, STFU and it will die from infant mortality, but no need for all the bullshit.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
gamer4156

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 01:23:14 PM

Damnit guys, why the fuck do you have to chase away the entrepreneurs? If no one wants it, STFU and it will die from infant mortality, but no need for all the bullshit.

This, every time a new vendor shows up they get flamed to hell. Shows how great this community is! Bitcoin definitely has a future with ass holes like you guys!
xurious

Activity: 413

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 02:38:06 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2012, 09:46:30 PM by xurious

This, every time a new vendor shows up they get flamed to hell. Shows how great this community is! Bitcoin definitely has a future with ass holes like you guys!

I've seen a lot of people having no problems selling stuff here without getting flamed. While being honest is great, coming out and saying "Hey! I got this laptop new for $750. It's your for only 950!" Just sounds bad.

Edit: brain wasn't producing coherent sentences.

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:24:48 PM

Just for the record, ferreting out scams is part of my RL world. When a duck stinks like this, I consider it a public service to point it out, and I typically do so in my harsh ass-holish manner, without concern for welcoming would be scammer to our world.

You don't want to read my stuff? There's a convenient ignore button right there under my name. You want to support this guy's sale? Buy a laptop and stop whining about social propriety. Just don't tell us when you get ripped off thru Western Union by this scammer- you bent over and invited him to have his way with you. No legitimate business person anywhere in the world uses Western Union as their preferred payment method. None, period.
TizzyTazzy (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 11:03:47 PM

I own and operate a legitimate business and have also operated and worked with ones in the past. If you need some rep I also have been a member of WebHostingTalk (#1 hosting forum) since 2005 and have rep there. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=129054

So why are you trying to sell to us via a couple of different irreversible payment methods, and also on ebay with no rep?

Seriously, I think the majority of us have been offered the opportunity to buy cheap laptops through western union before... Usually from guys in nigeria...

Look where I'm at, look at the flamming. Everyone here is so unprofessional it isn't even funny. It is bitcoin, known for scammers. You don't like my deal or terms, fine, go flame someone else. If you want protection, go buy from eBay and use PayPal.

TizzyTazzy (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 11:05:00 PM

Just for the record, ferreting out scams is part of my RL world. When a duck stinks like this, I consider it a public service to point it out, and I typically do so in my harsh ass-holish manner, without concern for welcoming would be scammer to our world.

You don't want to read my stuff? There's a convenient ignore button right there under my name. You want to support this guy's sale? Buy a laptop and stop whining about social propriety. Just don't tell us when you get ripped off thru Western Union by this scammer- you bent over and invited him to have his way with you. No legitimate business person anywhere in the world uses Western Union as their preferred payment method. None, period.

All your doing is being arrogant and making ignorant posts.

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 01:33:44 AM

All your doing is being arrogant and making ignorant posts.
He is totally right.

Let's see, what would be a better way to have approached this? Well it's your lucky day because I'm going to use my amazing deductive powers of common sense and tell you how to not come across as a scammer:

1-You have little/no feedback, so offer escrow, post pictures of the product you're going to sell next to a piece of paper with your forum username, the date, and "bitcointalk" on it.
2-Ideally, provide a link to heatware/ebay, showing positive feedback you've gathered.
3-If you're offering something this expensive, you're going to want to have a fairly good explanation of where they came from etc, with warranty details and the like, otherwise many will just assume scam/stolen.
4-If members point out the risk involved in dealing with you, find some way to mitigate that risk, rather than going around insulting people for refusing to hand over large quantities of irritrievable cash on the promise of cheap goods from an anonymous person with no feedback. You could, for example:
-Give out your phone number/other personally identifiable info via pm to interested buyers so they can contact you.
-Offer escrow (in fact there are many free escrow services right here on bitcointalk)
-Give links to your business website, so that people can look into it there.

Really people, suspicion towards 0-feedback anonymous bitcoin sales no more harms bitcoin trading than suspicion towards 0-feedback anonymous Western Union sales on ebay harms US dollar trading.
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 04:17:50 PM

I've been watching this thread since it was first posted. I was going to comment on how I found the same or similar laptop on ebay for less, but decided against it because I didn't want to hurt tizzy's chance of selling. (And hey, that's ebay, it happens). Tizzy could turn out to be a good Bitcoin Merchant if trolls would stop trying to hinder sales. And finally, Tizzytazzy, I suggest you ignore the price trolls and follow shadow383's advice to establish some credibility. Also, Edit your topic title, You're only selling one model.

I've set up a Suggestion thread concerning the issue of Thread derailing  Wink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76663.0 I suggest those against this type of seller harassment put in their voice there.

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:29:03 PM

I've been watching this thread since it was first posted. I was going to comment on how I found the same or similar laptop on ebay for less, but decided against it because I didn't want to hurt tizzy's chance of selling. (And hey, that's ebay, it happens). Tizzy could turn out to be a good Bitcoin Merchant if trolls would stop trying to hinder sales. And finally, Tizzytazzy, I suggest you ignore the price trolls and follow shadow383's advice to establish some credibility. Also, Edit your topic title, You're only selling one model.

I've set up a Suggestion thread concerning the issue of Thread derailing  Wink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76663.0 I suggest those against this type of seller harassment put in their voice there.

a) a friend of a friend of a friend - sounds like scam
b) WU? Screams scam.
c) the title is a lie. It isn't 50% off.

Stop lying and we won't harass you. Don't like it. Set up your own website.
kcmastrpc

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:34:49 PM

i'll buy one if you send first.

no joke. see my heatware, i'm most definitely not a scammer.

but since you are, i highly doubt you're going to send first.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 12:42:55 AM

EDIT
That laptop is only expandable to 8GB memory, mine is expandable to 16GB.

Guys please stop derailing my thread, this is getting very annoying. Sad
because expandable memory is an important selling point.   Roll Eyes

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 12:45:30 AM

because expandable memory is an important selling point.   Roll Eyes
Because it is. Today's Newegg Shellshocker is a pair of 8GB SODIMMs, which I wouldn't be able to use in just any old laptop. Just sayin'.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 01:03:38 AM

OP, are you at least willing to verify that the site you mentioned is really yours?

This is what i pulled from whois.
Code:
DOMAIN: TIZZYTAZZY.COM

RSP: iDotz.Net - Domain Name Registration Service
URL: http://www.idotz.net

owner-contact: P-CTP1077
owner-organization: TizzyTazzy
owner-fname: Christopher
owner-lname: Phillips
owner-street: 1439 Little Texas Va
owner-city: Rome
owner-state: GA
owner-zip: 30165
owner-country: US
owner-phone: 5712460109
owner-fax: 5712460109
owner-email: farmfullofangels@gmail.com

admin-contact: P-CTP1077
admin-organization: TizzyTazzy
admin-fname: Christopher
admin-lname: Phillips
admin-street: 1439 Little Texas Va
admin-city: Rome
admin-state: GA
admin-zip: 30165
admin-country: US
admin-phone: 5712460109
admin-fax: 5712460109
admin-email: farmfullofangels@gmail.com

tech-contact: P-CTP1077
tech-organization: TizzyTazzy
tech-fname: Christopher
tech-lname: Phillips
tech-street: 1439 Little Texas Va
tech-city: Rome
tech-state: GA
tech-zip: 30165
tech-country: US
tech-phone: 5712460109
tech-fax: 5712460109
tech-email: farmfullofangels@gmail.com

billing-contact: P-CTP1077
billing-organization: TizzyTazzy
billing-fname: Christopher
billing-lname: Phillips
billing-street: 1439 Little Texas Va
billing-city: Rome
billing-state: GA
billing-zip: 30165
billing-country: US
billing-phone: 5712460109
billing-fax: 5712460109
billing-email: farmfullofangels@gmail.com

nameserver: ns1.tizzytazzy.com 8.33.7.26
nameserver: ns2.tizzytazzy.com 8.33.7.27

; This domain name was registered at: http://www.idotz.net
; iDotz.Net - Cool Domains @ Great Prices! Get a web address under: .com .net .o
rg
; .fm .am .tv .la .eu .bz .ws .cc .de .us .cn .tw .jp .mn .vc .biz .info and Mor
e!
So i should be able to pick up my phone, call +15712460109, and you will be on the other end? Or do you at least control farmfullofangels@gmail.com?

because expandable memory is an important selling point.   Roll Eyes
Because it is. Today's Newegg Shellshocker is a pair of 8GB SODIMMs, which I wouldn't be able to use in just any old laptop. Just sayin'.
but 16 GB of ram? I never run out of ram with 4 GB (paging file disabled).

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 01:07:12 AM

because expandable memory is an important selling point.   Roll Eyes
but 16 GB of ram? I never run out of ram with 4 GB (paging file disabled).
Sorry if you can't use your system to its full capabilities. Virtual machines and RAMdisks take up lots of space in memory.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: