Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accounts market FAQ  (Read 895 times)
clickhero (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:39:37 PM

Reading the threads about buying/selling accounts I see there is always people who say "scam!" or "hacked!",
even if the seller wants to use an escrow.

Therefore since the account trades are allowed, what is the right way to sell an account?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:44:34 PM

To prevent fraud, i`d advise to choose a proper reputable escrow person that most people know.

Dont choose some small timer say he will do it for free.

I sold many accounts, some go 1st sending the btc amount, depending on you are the seller.

Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:48:46 PM

don't know, I think it's just stupid phenomenon selling an account ... both sides, sell and buyer.

Why do that? Hell, if I have good intentions, my account will be soon on high rank.
Most of buyers are future scammers, IMO and sellers just support them.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:13:07 PM

Transfer of account ownership in bitcointalk is reversible for many months after the transfer occurs.

Every single bitcointalk account sale that I have escrowed so far has been returned to the original owner after the escrow was eventually released.

The only way I would be willing to escrow the sale of a bitcointalk account would be if:

• The account being sold has a bitcoin address in an unedited post from more than 6 months ago.
  • The seller of the account can provide a message signed with the private key from that address which states:
    "I have am transferring ownership of this bitcointalk account to the owner of the private key of the following address: 1Kc5SzTBvKmXzqAqFFYwWmdtSg83XAqsRR".
  • The seller of the account is willing to leave the purchase funds in escrow for 30 days after the buyer has control of the account.

If the seller of the account cannot meet these conditions, then you will need to find someone else to provide escrow for the transaction.  Please be aware that if you choose to use someone else for escrow, they cannot protect you from someone selling stolen or hacked accounts.
Nagato4

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:12:16 AM

Transfer of account ownership in bitcointalk is reversible for many months after the transfer occurs.

Every single bitcointalk account sale that I have escrowed so far has been returned to the original owner after the escrow was eventually released.

Wow, I could imagine some account sellers will claim to have been hacked after the trade, but I couldn't imagine there are so many greedy people...

The only way I would be willing to escrow the sale of a bitcointalk account would be if:

• The account being sold has a bitcoin address in an unedited post from more than 6 months ago.
  • The seller of the account can provide a message signed with the private key from that address which states:
    "I have am transferring ownership of this bitcointalk account to the owner of the private key of the following address: 1Kc5SzTBvKmXzqAqFFYwWmdtSg83XAqsRR".
  • The seller of the account is willing to leave the purchase funds in escrow for 30 days after the buyer has control of the account.

If the seller of the account cannot meet these conditions, then you will need to find someone else to provide escrow for the transaction.  Please be aware that if you choose to use someone else for escrow, they cannot protect you from someone selling stolen or hacked accounts.

It is a great idea to require the account sellers to prove they are really the legit account owners. Smiley

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:22:48 AM

Wow, I could imagine some account sellers will claim to have been hacked after the trade, but I couldn't imagine there are so many greedy people...

After the second time it happened, I started responding to account sale escrow requests with the message posted earlier in this thread.

Once I included those requirements in my response to escrow requests, people stopped wanting to use me for account sale escrow.

So, when I say "Every", what I really mean is "Both", although it is interesting that nobody is willing or able to meet my requirements.  I suspect the funds being locked in escrow for 30 days does a lot to scare them off.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: