Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 02:05:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITTREX IS IN SHIT  (Read 2910 times)
Annington (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:27:20 PM

I got this from a "friend in the industry".  I suspect that the government isn't trying to hard to keep things secret.  It makes their job easier if we do it for them.

It all starts with sfredbook.com. This was like eBay for prostitution in the western US http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_26081911/mountain-view-man-pleads-not-guilty-facilitating-prostitution. Whores put up ads with set prices for their services and pictures. Users could login and review the girls. This made sure that the pictures, services, etc. were "legit".

Of course the Feds shut this down. During the investigation it was revealed that the founder Eric Omuro was a silent partner in Bittrex. He and his wife Annmarie Lanoce were using crypto-currencies to wash money from the prostitution business.

At this point it was decided not to move against Bittrex so that investigators could learn the entire lay of the land. It turned out that the sfredbook founders had backed several cryptos and used Bittrex to sell these to the public.

Recently the SEC has received a spate of reports re scam IPOs, ICOs, etc. on Bittrex. As cryptos do not have legal existence they were powerless because altcoins are not money and they are not securities.

The rush of anon coins, dark market coins, etc. has also worried the FBI and related agencies who are again stymied because these "coins" do legally exist. Attacking them as legal currencies would have the ironic effect of giving the cryptos legal status through precedence and from there the owners of these cryptos legal rights and protections.

The strategy is to consider Bittrex in the same way the police consider a car a John uses to pic up a whore. This can be seized while the money in the John's pocket can not.

Through this backdoor the problem of scam ICOs and anon coins can be solved and the plan is to seize Bittrex and seize the blockchains of all coins released since May 1st of 2014.

Of course blockchains can't be seized but servers can.  Merchants and exchanges can be pressured to delist/not accept, subpoenas can be sent to big holders. Nothing is anonymous if they want to task personal/resources.  Once the budget is set then it an assembly line/minimal cost effort to grab another couple of thousand peoples' contact info.

It has been concluded that people and companies absolutely do not want to be on subpoena that mentions terrorism and underage prostitution when they could just shift their investments around to safer areas and avoid the whole problem.

The feeling is that organized bad actors began to seriously penetrate the market in May of 2014.  Before that date altcoins were either low level individual scams or actual sincere efforts to create something new.

I'm shifting my portfolio out of Bittrex (obviously) and going though ANN files to look at foundation dates.  There are a lot interesting ot of pre-May coins still out there and I'll bet some of them are going to get much more interesting very quickly
MMXIV

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:32:40 PM

I will gladly pour tens of thousands of dollars into lawyers to protect Maieuticoin. Also, most of what you say the feds plan to do isn't even possible

However, I'm very aware this post is a giant farce  Wink

Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:04:23 PM

I will gladly pour tens of thousands of dollars into lawyers to protect Maieuticoin. Also, most of what you say the feds plan to do isn't even possible

Hahah, he's a new user and his first post is something like this?!?!? Bahahahahah
Annington (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:10:37 PM

Hahah, he's a new user and his first post is something like this?!?!? Bahahahahah

I'm a new user because I don't want to get traced back or get people in trouble; I'm just passing the word along.  Take it or leave it.   The Feds don't have 100% power but fear is good enough to shut down the things they want shut down.  Even if a subpoena won't stand up in court no-one wants to gets one of those in the mail.
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:14:55 PM

I'm a new user because I don't want to get traced back or get people in trouble; I'm just passing the word along.  Take it or leave it.   The Feds don't have 100% power but fear is good enough to shut down the things they want shut down.  Even if a subpoena won't stand up in court no-one wants to gets one of those in the mail.

If only they delivered those via mail. They are hand delivered.
minairia3

Activity: 1526
Merit: 326

CRYPTOMUS

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:23:16 PM

If only they delivered those via mail. They are hand delivered.

What about those things ISPs sent out from the Hollywood people when they catch you downloading? I'm taking this seriously and not getting caught up in the terminology.  Easy to just cash out to Bitcoin and see what happens.

bonipper

Activity: 246

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:29:20 PM

@Annington

Can you post some links besides your original two to verify this is not a giant farce? Neither of your original two confirm any link between Eric Omuro and Bittrex.
altmoon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:00:06 PM

i know bittrex is a shit exchange. everybody has to know about this clearly. take care of your money guys and aovid bittrex together.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.  T5wVSBFdGfEAkDVR42ojuLwiEjVncKeaqw
fukkarples

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:01:40 PM

they add so many shit coins freely, what a fuck shit exchange bittrex!

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.  StJzZpLHGgqUnWHdag9bWgTH87STiVFLcX
vsmamm

Activity: 278

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:31:09 PM

somebody said you can't blame bittrex if you lost your money in bittrex, it's your choice. but i wonder if this is all my fault if this exchange add many shit coins and big hide premine coins to cause me lost much money. is this just my fault?  they can add coins freely and remove them freely. no matter how shit the coins are. no matter how much the investors lost. they are making money happily and don't need to be liable for their fault. is this fair for me and us? i know i stand out to say this is too childish. maybe i am too young to unstander this crypto currency world. maybe everybody just don't want to bring trouble on themself. maybe most of people stop at nothing to earn money. certainly, include bittrex.

FelixOliver

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:33:47 PM

Fancy schmancy marketing ploy by the folks at Mintpal?
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:36:10 PM

Total 100% lie

Prove it of it didn't happen

I use Bittrex a lot if you have any REAL info about them I would love to hear it.

You are just a troll, I don't understand your motives, or put it this way, what is behind your motives? You are definitely full of shit, as you would gladly provide any sliver that could be construed as proof in an instant.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:46:55 PM

somebody said you can't blame bittrex if you lost your money in bittrex, it's your choice. but i wonder if this is all my fault if this exchange add many shit coins and big hide premine coins to cause me lost much money. is this just my fault?  they can add coins freely and remove them freely. no matter how shit the coins are. no matter how much the investors lost. they are making money happily and don't need to be liable for their fault. is this fair for me and us?

I can't believe how many people complain about losing so much money. Things are going better than ever. I have many clients that I trade for, and were killing it. Send me a pm if you need some help lol. Im not trying to be mean. But many of the coins listed on Bittrex are not coins that you can use without a good exit plan in place.

Maybe people need to just accept the 20, 30, 40% gains and move on, stop falling in love with coins, and don't let the one you sold that is now worth a million dollars have any bearing on how you trade.

I think these are traders biggest problems right now, not Bittrex or shitcoins.

Like I said, things are rolling right along over here. I would start with the three things above, and then contact someone like me for help, because there is plenty of money to be made.

And please understand, Im not directing all this at you vsmamm, I just hear things like this a lot, as if crypto is some game that people keep losing.

For all those losing money, there are just as many of us making money. It all does not just go to scammers, there are many people like myself that do this for a living and are just honest traders.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
danynx

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:50:39 PM

well but they have a good volume after all.
vsmamm

Activity: 278

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:56:57 PM

somebody said you can't blame bittrex if you lost your money in bittrex, it's your choice. but i wonder if this is all my fault if this exchange add many shit coins and big hide premine coins to cause me lost much money. is this just my fault?  they can add coins freely and remove them freely. no matter how shit the coins are. no matter how much the investors lost. they are making money happily and don't need to be liable for their fault. is this fair for me and us?

I can't believe how many people complain about losing so much money. Things are going better than ever. I have many clients that I trade for, and were killing it. Send me a pm if you need some help lol. Im not trying to be mean. But many of the coins listed on Bittrex are not coins that you can use without a good exit plan in place.

Maybe people need to just accept the 20, 30, 40% gains and move on, stop falling in love with coins, and don't let the one you sold that is now worth a million dollars have any bearing on how you trade.

Like I said, things are rolling right along over here. I would start with the three things above, and then contact someone like me for help, because there is plenty of money to be made.

And please understand, Im not directing all this at you vsmamm, I just hear things like this a lot, as if crypto is some game that people keep losing.

For all those losing money, there are just as many of us making money. It all does not just go to scammers, there are many people like myself that do this for a living and are just honest traders.
thanks for your advice. i know i was too childish. i just want to blow off some steam. i know this world is very chaotic right now.

will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:08:16 PM

This.

You almost got away with it too MP.  Roll Eyes

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:19:27 PM

Sometimes I do wonder if all this fud against exchanges just isn't some personal rivalry.

Again, no evidence, just "a friend of a friend" told me. Posted by an account registered..lets see..today.

Seems legit.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
danynx

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:45:24 PM

talking about bittrex.. do you know why 80% of the times i want to open the exchange on my desktop it just doesnt loads??

look this is only what i got after a while..

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:57:07 PM

your full of shit..
markets are down across the board.
your the only guy making money hand over fist LOL
..for "your clients" what ever the fuck that means hahhaa

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:58:40 PM

This.

You almost got away with it too MP.  Roll Eyes

they would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those damn kids..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: