Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:35:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unused BFL Single, Revision 3, 200BTC delivered in USA  (Read 1622 times)
enquirer (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:00:28 AM

I have just received my Butterfly Labs BitForce SHA256 Single.  The shipping notice says Rev 1 but Sonny K told me in email that this would be a Rev 3 system, the same board as in the multi-unit rigs.

I have not used it yet, and will wait until Monday morning PDT to fire it up.

I'll ship USPS priority with tracking info and am willing to escrow (your cost) based on delivery confirmation.

Now for the obvious questions:

1) Why would you pay 200 BTC, putting the initial capital cost so high it would never break even?

I'm assuming a lot of people are evaluating FPGA mining infrastructure going forward.  Due to their long lead times, it's tough to commit to placing a large order, either for singles or rigs, without an evaluation first.  This unit will allow you to start your evaluation next week so you can either decide to cancel existing orders, have faith in your pending orders, or make or increase your allocation for additional hashing capacity from BFL.

You can also rip it apart and reverse engineer it or whatever you want.  It will be yours.

2) Do I guarantee it is operational?

No.  I will only guarantee shipment, as I have not powered up the device.  All warranty issues will be based on BFL's six month warranty.

3) What is the shipping origin?

Phoenix, AZ, USA

4) Why should you trust me?

You shouldn't trust strangers on the Internet.  However, I'm relatively transparent and easily located.  Most of the highly-rated or respected heavy hitters can find me.  I recommend that you put in place whatever safeguards you feel necessary to mitigate the possibility of fraud.  Again, I am willing to defer payment via escrow based on USPS proof-of-delivery (the tracking number will be shared with the escrow agent and yourself when the unit is shipped).

5) Is the price fixed?

I pulled this number out of reeses's arse.  However this price is fixed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:24:31 AM

BTW, are you Shakaru?

An excellent question, indeed. I would consider buying this, but I need cryptographic proof that he is not shakaru first.
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:30:02 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76679.0

Huh

poop!
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 07:51:11 AM

An excellent question, indeed. I would consider buying this, but I need cryptographic proof that he is not shakaru first.
Isn't cryptographically proving that you're not someone basically impossible?

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:15:50 PM

BTW, are you Shakaru?

Shakuru is in Phoenix?

Mousepotato
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:40:55 PM

Isn't cryptographically proving that you're not someone basically impossible?

Check out reeses's original thread. He used GPG for this very purpose! Roll Eyes
likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:43:26 PM

BTW, are you Shakaru?

LOL! If Shakaru owns a BFL single, we're going to have to have a nice little chat

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 04:40:54 PM

I pulled this number out of reeses's arse.
LOL. Yes, as DirtyCat mentioned reeses's arse is on display here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76679.0
Jaryu

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 10:14:10 PM

we just need the OP to provide a pic of the item with a paper stating today's date and his USERNAME + providing escrow with either inaba, gigavps, Death&Taxes or any of the big wigs that have been around here a very long time. Then it won't matter who he is I would think :p. Since he only gets paid if and when the item arrives. Make sure you ship either with tracking or delivery confirmation.

The more trustworthy 3rd party involvement with security you get the less chances you get of being ripped off.
likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 10:35:39 PM

we just need the OP to provide a pic of the item with a paper stating today's date and his USERNAME + providing escrow with either inaba, gigavps, Death&Taxes or any of the big wigs that have been around here a very long time. Then it won't matter who he is I would think :p. Since he only gets paid if and when the item arrives. Make sure you ship either with tracking or delivery confirmation.

The more trustworthy 3rd party involvement with security you get the less chances you get of being ripped off.

Wasn't a question of being ripped off here...

tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 09:47:27 PM

Do you still have the BFL?

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 06:05:04 PM

Do you still have the BFL?

This post was a gag but I (the poster who sold the other Single) do have one more Single.  That said, there are some caveats:

• It's a Rev 3 board, but runs hot enough that it shipped with an external fan
  • I've been running it since I acquired it, averaging 818-828Mh/s as reported by cgminer.
  • I opened it up to add an external fan speed controller, so the external housing is scratched a little bit, but not nearly as bad as gig's first Single

It would ship FOB 94608 in the USA.

How much is this in solidcoins?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: