Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQUEST] .05 BTC  (Read 1435 times)
bassguitarman (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:16:53 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 03:43:36 AM by bassguitarman

CLOSED
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:47:15 AM

Could you link me some exchanges where they trade taco? Thanks.
ACCTseller

Activity: 532

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:40:36 AM

https://coinnext.com/trade/TCO/BTC it looks like it's trading volume is very light ~.0011 btc in the last 24 hours.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:14:10 AM

https://coinnext.com/trade/TCO/BTC it looks like it's trading volume is very light ~.0011 btc in the last 24 hours.
I thought coinnext.com was going to shutdown a little over a month ago?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Heimscheisser

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:26:30 AM

I want to purchase something online, but I wont have the funds to do so until the sale is over.

Request: .05 BTC

I will repay within the next 5 days, probably tommorow

Repayment: .055 BTC if I repay in next 2 days, .06 in next 3-5.

If you require collateral, I have $30 of tacocoin

Please comment if you can fulfil

i can do this loan confirm please
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:39:00 AM

He's the Tacocoin dev.

I can probably do it without real collateral, but I need identity verification. This will include an ID shot with your username and a shot with your ID and face. Will this be possible? All information will be kept strictly confidential and I am happy to provide a PGP key in case you want to encrypt the links.

ACCTseller

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:32:31 PM

He's the Tacocoin dev.

I can probably do it without real collateral, but I need identity verification. This will include an ID shot with your username and a shot with your ID and face. Will this be possible? All information will be kept strictly confidential and I am happy to provide a PGP key in case you want to encrypt the links.
Getting identification wold do nothing for you in the event he defaults. It would allow you to steal his identity (or try to)
Bitcoins101

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:08:25 PM

He's the Tacocoin dev.

Getting identification wold do nothing for you in the event he defaults. It would allow you to steal his identity (or try to)

Nobody wants to get their life screwed up for $25. I can only do it if he's in an Engish-speaking country, though.

ACCTseller

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:29:35 PM

He's the Tacocoin dev.

Nobody wants to get their life screwed up for $25. I can only do it if he's in an Engish-speaking country, though.
If you can do it period then who is to say that you wouldn't do it if he does pay you back? Or who is to say that you wouldn't extort more money from him with this threat?
Bitcoins101

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:05:18 PM

He's the Tacocoin dev.

If you can do it period then who is to say that you wouldn't do it if he does pay you back? Or who is to say that you wouldn't extort more money from him with this threat?
Extort money from him how, exactly? I have nothing to extort him with.

You can't really steal an identity with just a photo. I've done loans like this with other members in the past and they have no complaints.

ACCTseller

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:04:45 AM

He's the Tacocoin dev.

You can't really steal an identity with just a photo. I've done loans like this with other members in the past and they have no complaints.
You would extort him with the threat of what you would do if he were to default. You just said that you could ruin his life if he lived in an english speaking country if he were to default on his loan if you had his id.
Bitcoins101

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:44:11 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 02:55:48 AM by Bitcoins101

He's the Tacocoin dev.

You would extort him with the threat of what you would do if he were to default. You just said that you could ruin his life if he lived in an english speaking country if he were to default on his loan if you had his id.
If I was to extort money from someone, I'd pick someone I don't like, not some nice guy who borrowed money and paid back.

If you know someone's identity and they scam you, you can file police reports, tell their friends, tell their employer, etc. None of that works though if they didn't actually scam you and it's very easy to prove that you did not scam someone by showing record of it in the Blockchain. They can then also go after you for filing false police reports and libel.

Unless you're giving your information to someone who is notoriously untrustworthy or a noob, there isn't really much of a risk. People on a forum like this value privacy.

ACCTseller

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:55:28 AM

He's the Tacocoin dev.

If you really wanted to ruin someone's life, you could pick some random schmuck, too. You could order someone a boatload of drugs, trick them into downloading CP or just infect them and do it yourself, or even order a bunch of carded stuff to their house. 3 separate crimes, all with long sentences. There are probably dozens of other, more complicated (but still relatively easy) ways to frame someone with a crime. However, none of that has anything to do with having a picture of someone with their username and ID card.

If you know someone's identity and they scam you, you can file police reports, tell their friends, tell their employer, etc. None of that works though if they didn't actually scam you and it's very easy to prove that you did not scam someone by showing record of it in the Blockchain. They can then also go after you for filing false police reports and libel. Unless you're giving your information to someone who is notoriously untrustworthy or a noob, there isn't really much of a risk. Of course, this is assuming you don't need to be anonymous.

I am not sure what you would expect to achieve by filing a police report regarding a defaulted loan. It is not illegal to not repay a loan. You will not be arrested if you fail to repay a loan, nor would you face any criminal action against you. If you tell a person's friends/family about a person not paying you money that is owed to you, then you would be violating the FDCPA in the US which would open yourself up to potential 6 figure civil liability for willful violations.  Also a record on the blockchain would not prove anything as a person's identity is not linked to specific addresses, nor would you be able to prove non-payment via the blockchain.

The most common reason people ask for identification on sites like this is to be able to open a bank account in their name or take out a loan in their name. There are skip tracing services that can potentially find a person's social security number based on their name and address (identification number on an ID would also increase the chances of finding it). Also one verification method on BTCJam is to provide your ID so you would be able to take out a loan in their name if you have a copy of their ID.
Bitcoins101

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:03:04 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 03:25:42 AM by Bitcoins101

He's the Tacocoin dev.

If you know someone's identity and they scam you, you can file police reports, tell their friends, tell their employer, etc. None of that works though if they didn't actually scam you and it's very easy to prove that you did not scam someone by showing record of it in the Blockchain. They can then also go after you for filing false police reports and libel. Unless you're giving your information to someone who is notoriously untrustworthy or a noob, there isn't really much of a risk. Of course, this is assuming you don't need to be anonymous.

I am not sure what you would expect to achieve by filing a police report regarding a defaulted loan. It is not illegal to not repay a loan. You will not be arrested if you fail to repay a loan, nor would you face any criminal action against you. If you tell a person's friends/family about a person not paying you money that is owed to you, then you would be violating the FDCPA in the US which would open yourself up to potential 6 figure civil liability for willful violations.  Also a record on the blockchain would not prove anything as a person's identity is not linked to specific addresses, nor would you be able to prove non-payment via the blockchain.

The most common reason people ask for identification on sites like this is to be able to open a bank account in their name or take out a loan in their name. There are skip tracing services that can potentially find a person's social security number based on their name and address (identification number on an ID would also increase the chances of finding it). Also one verification method on BTCJam is to provide your ID so you would be able to take out a loan in their name if you have a copy of their ID.
You can get information like that for a lot less than $25. Fraudsters aren't looking to target knowledgeable people like us, anyway.

Also, here's the big one - if someone is on here looking for a loan, their identity is going to be practically worthless for someone who is going to try to use that identity to take out a loan. People are on here asking for loans because they can't get one in real life.

Eotnak

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:49:50 PM

I am not sure what you would expect to achieve by filing a police report regarding a defaulted loan. It is not illegal to not repay a loan. You will not be arrested if you fail to repay a loan, nor would you face any criminal action against you.

Sorry if it appears that I'm trolling here, I just like to clear up facts when I see them misrepresented, or if I don't fully understand what I am reading.  AFAIK, You can be charged with theft if you don't pay back a loan if your intent was to never pay any of it back.  The tricky part is proving intent, and most of the time, the people in default have paid some money back which moves it from a criminal charge to a civil dispute.  Also if there is collateral, the creditor or debt collector would make out better collecting the collateral instead of pursuing criminal charges.  I have some experience with this.

If you tell a person's friends/family about a person not paying you money that is owed to you, then you would be violating the FDCPA in the US which would open yourself up to potential 6 figure civil liability for willful violations. 

only if the plaintiff can convince the court that you are a debt collector.  There is some interpretation gray area here unless you have set up a business specifically to lend.

Also a record on the blockchain would not prove anything as a person's identity is not linked to specific addresses, nor would you be able to prove non-payment via the blockchain.

+1

I recall a Wired mag article where the writer paid a Russian web site $6 to get his own social security number using his name and address.  It took him less than 15 minutes from search to payment to SS#.  That's seems a lot more efficient than lending to Peter to get fake credit with Paul.  Are there actual occurrences of this, or is it just a theory?  Seems to me that you can't get much with a name and a picture of a face with a specific forum username.

Again, I only post this so I can learn to protect myself and possibly others in the process.
ACCTseller

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:22:29 PM

I am not sure what you would expect to achieve by filing a police report regarding a defaulted loan. It is not illegal to not repay a loan. You will not be arrested if you fail to repay a loan, nor would you face any criminal action against you.

Sorry if it appears that I'm trolling here, I just like to clear up facts when I see them misrepresented, or if I don't fully understand what I am reading.  AFAIK, You can be charged with theft if you don't pay back a loan if your intent was to never pay any of it back.  The tricky part is proving intent, and most of the time, the people in default have paid some money back which moves it from a criminal charge to a civil dispute.  Also if there is collateral, the creditor or debt collector would make out better collecting the collateral instead of pursuing criminal charges.  I have some experience with this.
This is not true. If you give a lender fraudulent documentation that was relied upon to make the loan (like forged paystubs or bank statements) then you could potentially be charged with fraud, but it is very difficult to get probable cause to even look into this. If the borrower does not intend to repay the debt then nothing criminally can happen to him, there is no law that says this. 
If you tell a person's friends/family about a person not paying you money that is owed to you, then you would be violating the FDCPA in the US which would open yourself up to potential 6 figure civil liability for willful violations. 

only if the plaintiff can convince the court that you are a debt collector.  There is some interpretation gray area here unless you have set up a business specifically to lend.
again not true. There is no requirement in that you are in business to lend (or to collect debt) only that you are collecting on money owed (or allegedly  owed).
Also a record on the blockchain would not prove anything as a person's identity is not linked to specific addresses, nor would you be able to prove non-payment via the blockchain.

+1
ty

I recall a Wired mag article where the writer paid a Russian web site $6 to get his own social security number using his name and address.  It took him less than 15 minutes from search to payment to SS#.  That's seems a lot more efficient than lending to Peter to get fake credit with Paul.  Are there actual occurrences of this, or is it just a theory?  Seems to me that you can't get much with a name and a picture of a face with a specific forum username.

Again, I only post this so I can learn to protect myself and possibly others in the process.
Generally speaking in order for a SS# to be useful you would need identification of the person. I would think that ID plus their SS# could potentially be more valuable then just a SS#, likely both on the black market (I am not sure what either just SS# or both SS# and ID sell for on the black market, but I imagine that the two together would be worth more) or if he were to try to take out a loan in his name. In the US skip tracing companies generally will only provide the SS# of someone to a law firm or someone who can prove that they need to know this information (to report to a credit reporting agency for example, or to issue a tax form).

I am not sure how often this happens for purposes of stealing someone's identity, but it is pretty common to use skip tracing services to get the SSN for legit purposes.
Bitcoins101

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:37:59 PM

I strongly disagree on this point. Addresses can be linked to identities and a record on the Blockchain could be used. It's not 2012 anymore.

Eotnak

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:48:11 PM

This is not true. If you give a lender fraudulent documentation that was relied upon to make the loan (like forged paystubs or bank statements) then you could potentially be charged with fraud, but it is very difficult to get probable cause to even look into this. If the borrower does not intend to repay the debt then nothing criminally can happen to him, there is no law that says this. 

Stealing is illegal.  I think we are both guessing at this point whether or not it is applicable in this case.

Quote from: ACCTseller

again not true. There is no requirement in that you are in business to lend (or to collect debt) only that you are collecting on money owed (or allegedly  owed).

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/illegal-debt-collection-practices.html
"The FDCPA applies to debt collectors only, not to creditors collecting their debts. However, some states have laws that restrict what creditors can do when collecting debts."
I can provide applicable links and quotes to FDCPA act if you don't believe the link above.
As a creditor you can call whoever you want for whatever reason and say whatever you like as long as it is true.

Quote from: ACCTseller

+1
ty

Generally speaking in order for a SS# to be useful you would need identification of the person. I would think that ID plus their SS# could potentially be more valuable then just a SS#, likely both on the black market (I am not sure what either just SS# or both SS# and ID sell for on the black market, but I imagine that the two together would be worth more) or if he were to try to take out a loan in his name. In the US skip tracing companies generally will only provide the SS# of someone to a law firm or someone who can prove that they need to know this information (to report to a credit reporting agency for example, or to issue a tax form).

I am not sure how often this happens for purposes of stealing someone's identity, but it is pretty common to use skip tracing services to get the SSN for legit purposes.

My point exactly.  I provided an example of how you can get a SS# with a person's name and address.  All the pieces of a puzzle to steal their identity without knowing what they look like.
Eotnak

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:49:47 PM

I strongly disagree on this point. Addresses can be linked to identities and a record on the Blockchain could be used. It's not 2012 anymore.

as long as the borrower sent payment from home
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: