Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:54:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Vs. Paypal  (Read 7690 times)
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:54:08 PM

Been dealing with paypal for over 10 years. I acknowledge that there have been disagreements on dispute resolution. Otherwise, they've never screwed me without reason.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gundulmu

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:13:01 PM

Bitcoin Vs. Paypal

i choose bitcoin
because i use bitcoin

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:24:20 PM

Well, while reading at it. Bitcoin had been a challenger to paypal. Which is more useful and highly digitalized currency now? What do you think or which do you prefer?  Grin Grin Grin Huh

PayPal isn't a currency. There's no denomination "PayPal". It's merely an online account and a service, just like a Credit Card. if can be used to purchase goods and services over the Internet and is being used to protect consumers from fraud and scams. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is a currency. But it needs services like PayPal!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
blablaace

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:26:17 PM

"If you value liberty, then you should value bitcoin."  Wink
cashmoney

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:59:26 AM

Paypal fuks you over in business by limiting your account on large transactions or even small ones over a period of time.

This happens to almost everyone I know who dealt with paypal.

Like how big? A couple of thousand dollars or what?
jumbo john

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:15:22 AM

"If you value liberty, then you should value bitcoin."  Wink

But you cannot use bitcoin anywhere you go?
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:48:56 AM

It is really silly question to be asked here. But in general there is one answer really. If you can use bitcoin to buy something you should use that way. It is the most tax-free method. So there is no better way to buy stuff online really...
yoni

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:12:28 AM

Well, while reading at it. Bitcoin had been a challenger to paypal. Which is more useful and highly digitalized currency now? What do you think or which do you prefer?  Grin Grin Grin Huh

The tx fee is much higher for Paypal than bitcoin.

Is it? You can send and recive payments for free on Paypal and I often do,

You can easily lose your Paypal balance in a chargeback, and the dispute resolution is very bad IMO.

True, but there's also the flipside with bitcoin. If you lose your balance due to fraud or hacking those coins are gone forever and you're not going to get them back so swings and roundabouts really.

must be carefully so there are no exposed bitcoin theft or hacking.
claud732

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:05:34 AM

I think bitcoin payment systems will become more and more popular soon, because of lower (or non-existent) fees.

I hope to be soon able to pay in virtual currencies just like Paypal.
lamaze

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:53:52 PM

Been dealing with paypal for over 10 years. I acknowledge that there have been disagreements on dispute resolution. Otherwise, they've never screwed me without reason.

Correct. They have a rep to protect.
Buziss

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:05:12 PM

You can easily lose your Paypal balance in a chargeback, and the dispute resolution is very bad IMO.

True, but there's also the flipside with bitcoin. If you lose your balance due to fraud or hacking those coins are gone forever and you're not going to get them back so swings and roundabouts really.

Exactly.
That is a major point of bitcoin. You are your own bank, you are the one controlling and safe-guarding the money.

FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:11:27 PM

Exactly.
That is a major point of bitcoin. You are your own bank, you are the one controlling and safe-guarding the money.

I actually prefer bank to guard my money, at least I blame them for losing my money.

Buziss

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:34:35 PM

I actually prefer bank to guard my money, at least I blame them for losing my money.

Well you are not alone then.
Some bitcoiners still now prefer to store their bitcoin on exchanges and let the site hold and protect the bitcoin, even after the hack and bankruptcy of mtgox.

obocaman

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:55:18 PM

Paypal is not a currency so judging from there, the question is imo incorrect.
Fearless

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:24:30 PM

Bitcoin is not a challenger to paypal as paypal is a centralized system and bitcoin is the opposite.The topic of comparison doesn't even arises between these two.Paypal is moreover a payment gateway while bitcoin is a virtual currency.
King Agamemnon

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:07:15 AM

Bitcoin is not a challenger to paypal as paypal is a centralized system and bitcoin is the opposite.The topic of comparison doesn't even arises between these two.Paypal is moreover a payment gateway while bitcoin is a virtual currency.

right..so, what do you think is more safer? Bitcoin or paypal?

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:40:43 AM

PayPal is a shitty company in general but it is more widespread/known and has credibility. Bitcoin is 100x better and will surpass it in the future when it has enough exposure and acceptance.
symphony

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:23:23 PM

Reasonably new to bitcoin but must admit I am surprised how easy it is use, once you get over the initial small learning curve.
urumchi

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:32:47 PM

PayPal was interesting when it just started. I recall they were giving $5 to every new customer and there were no fees for personal accounts. It's a kind of crap now.
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:27:31 PM

Bitcoin is superior to paypal for the low cost and decentralization, and I prefer bitcoin (obviously). Tongue

BTW, you may want to take a look at the following two articles.
http://fortune.com/2014/06/05/paypal-bitcoin-future/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/14/us-bitcoin-ebay-idUSKBN0GE2D420140814

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: