Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indonesians Can Now Buy Bitcoin at Over 10,000 Indomaret Stores  (Read 1875 times)
cryptocoinsnews (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 09:56:19 AM

It is now a lot easier for Indonesians to buy Bitcoin. Bitcoin.co.id, Indonesia’s rising Bitcoin website, has landed a groundbreaking deal with Indomaret to help Indonesia’s over 238 million residents to fund their Bitcoin.co.id accounts. Indonesians now have access to Bitcoin at more than 10,000 Indomaret convenience stores across Indonesia where they can “top up” Indonesian Rupiah on their Bitcoin.co.id account and then trade for Bitcoin:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/indonesians-can-now-buy-bitcoin-10000-indomaret-stores/2014/09/03

Now, how will this affect Bitcoin Adoption and the Bitcoin Price?

/David Parker, Director of CCN
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:07:52 AM

Every little helps Bitcoin adoption.  But it will have zero effect on the price.
pajrinn

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

Wow, I'm from Indonesia , I'm just know this news,this goodnews to our  Grin
I think this will not affect the price of bitcoin ._.
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:53:05 AM

this is a good news
but i think it's too much fee on it
better buy deposit with voucher, cz without fee's Cheesy
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:01:58 PM

This is great news Smiley it's helping those who are not quite as fortunate to have a lot of money to be able to invest and giving them the chance to do so. I don't feel this will have any real major effect on the price of bitcoin to be honest so I would not worry too much.
Jay Gatsby

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:12:28 PM

This is good news! I am surprised how viral Bitcoin is becoming. Everyday we hear more adoption of Bitcoin.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:25:15 PM

good to hear. the more places available to buy bitcion the better. right now tehre are too many places that will accept bitcoins, we need more places that will allow you to trade in fiat for bitcoin, then more people will use them. especially if fees are lower.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:51:16 PM

Every little helps Bitcoin adoption.  But it will have zero effect on the price.

Over what time frame though?  It all helps like you say we dont necessarily need the super power countries on board to be a success.
Kickstart4

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:13:52 PM

Its more important to introduce bitcoins to developing countries rather than developed nations like USA

Good to hear that.
BitcoinBadger

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:06:30 PM

It is now a lot easier for Indonesians to buy Bitcoin. Bitcoin.co.id, Indonesia’s rising Bitcoin website, has landed a groundbreaking deal with Indomaret to help Indonesia’s over 238 million residents to fund their Bitcoin.co.id accounts. Indonesians now have access to Bitcoin at more than 10,000 Indomaret convenience stores across Indonesia where they can “top up” Indonesian Rupiah on their Bitcoin.co.id account and then trade for Bitcoin:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/indonesians-can-now-buy-bitcoin-10000-indomaret-stores/2014/09/03

I am a bitcoin well wisher and want bitcoin adpotion worldwide but until this volatility issue settles down it's always a risky game to accept it as a payment option.You never know what is gonna happen the next hour.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:08:49 PM

Good work Indonesia  Smiley  I hope other countries will follow soon
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:19:33 PM

I am a bitcoin well wisher and want bitcoin adpotion worldwide but until this volatility issue settles down it's always a risky game to accept it as a payment option.You never know what is gonna happen the next hour.

you right, and in indonesia, not so many people are familiar with bitcoin and the payment with bitcoin possibilities are not so effective because the legality has not been approved as payment.
but I hope in the future indonesia people can know bitcoin and can be grown in Indonesia country Smiley
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:33:35 PM

That's great. I always thought that embedding Bitcoin in those terminals that are already present everywhere is the way to go. They should also do this at 7-11 stores, where people can buy effectively every possible top-up card in use in the respective country!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:47:13 PM

Great news and I think it's a great idea giving Indonesians access to a global market and the technology Bitcoin brings.  This should be something that other developing nations should think about implementing as soon as possible.  this gives them choices and it gives them access to many things they didn't have before which is a global market to conduct business how they see fit.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:49:04 PM

Awesome! Good! This really is how adoption should go ahead. Re-use already existing digital Kiosk solutions where people usually buy phone top ups or other vouchers. By doing this we can reach hundreds, thousands of already existing terminals and retail places!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
ariyaromadhona

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:04:38 PM

i think in the next few years there will be Bitcoin card , where's people can bought item on Indomaret using Bitcoin  Grin
pajrinn

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:06:54 PM

I hope with this news,
Indonesia be more go ahead Smiley
And can more go ahead in Internasional Market with bitcoin Smiley
Mirdude

Activity: 319

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:11:03 PM

Thanks for the post, and that's great news!
dompsairs

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:20:10 PM

How money could the average indonesian put in btc?  Embarrassed
MoonTime

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:37:56 PM

Not much we can expect from Indonesia..there won't be much investment.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: