Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamic State 'beheads second US journalist'  (Read 3038 times)
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:13:11 AM

Another US journalist (Steven Sotlof) killed by the IS. Appears to have been murdered by the same individual.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...156273317.html

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:10:57 PM

Another US journalist (Steven Sotlof) killed by the IS. Appears to have been murdered by the same individual.

Of all the things I've heard said about GWB, timid responses were not among them. I doubt anyone considered him overly cautious. He certainly believed in American military adventurism.

However, the basis of Obama's foreign policy seems to be that if it doesn't directly affect American interests, or American citizens, he really doesn't want to interfere too much. These people are essentially forcing him to address people getting murdered specifically because they are American. They are making it his business.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:18:38 PM

Of all the things I've heard said about GWB, timid responses were not among them. I doubt anyone considered him overly cautious. He certainly believed in American military adventurism.

However, the basis of Obama's foreign policy seems to be that if it doesn't directly affect American interests, or American citizens, he really doesn't want to interfere too much. These people are essentially forcing him to address people getting murdered specifically because they are American. They are making it his business.
I'm not moved by it. If someone comes to the US, kills a journalist on our soil, films it, posts it, then leaves, we have a problem. But in this case, I can't help but see this as an occupational hazard. This is to say, I don't think it is reasonable to expect US foreign policy to be built around the idea that anyone with an American passport can traipse around the globe and dig into the most awful places, reporting on the most awful people and events, and whoever messes with said passport-holder, that's who we go to war with.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Mr.Bitty

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:23:02 PM

Israel's massacres against the Palestinians are utterly condemnable and so is the silence of most Western nations but this does not in anyways justify the beheading of people. Such a despicable and disgraceful act.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( DICEBITCO.IN | → BE THE BANK! ←| BEAUTIFUL UI | @Official Thread | @Twitter)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:45:24 PM

Hamas and ISIS are practically indistinguishable. Israel responded appropriately to terrorist attacks. The west needs to respond similarly to ISIS attacks.
Obama gave up the fruits of victory in Iraq and walked away. The foolishness of his badly broken foreign policy is now apparent.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:49:04 PM

Broken link?

Cameron seems to be on full fear mongering mode about this one btw

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:59:18 PM

MESSAGE TO THE ISLAMIC STATE
I am not afraid of you. Neither are my friends. But you should be afraid of my friends, they are very bad men. The kind who put a bag over your head in the middle of the night. Start praying to Allah that they give you back to the U.K.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:01:30 PM

Broken link?

Cameron seems to be on full fear mongering mode about this one btw

Try this one : http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/09/islamic-state-murders-second-us-journalist-20149217156273317.html

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:02:10 PM

2 US journalists beheaded by the ISIS militants, who are fighting against the US. At the same time, Russian journalist Andrei Stenin was murdered by Right Sector extremists, who are supported by the US in Ukraine. I just hope that Obama condemns all these murders. Murder of journalists should be dealt with, whether they are done by the anti-US or the pro-US factions.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:04:35 PM

MESSAGE TO THE ISLAMIC STATE
I am not afraid of you. Neither are my friends. But you should be afraid of my friends, they are very bad men. The kind who put a bag over your head in the middle of the night. Start praying to Allah that they give you back to the U.K.

Perfectly said!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:05:18 PM

They are acting out of fear, nothing else, ISIS is starting to feel the heat, loosing lots of territory faster than it took to gain it.
But what is really really funny is that US has not even started and has made ISIS retreat like roaches.
I think US has not even used more than 4 fighter jets and a couple of drones, the advantage on the battle field is just huge.

zolace

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:57:04 PM

2 US journalists beheaded by the ISIS militants, who are fighting against the US. At the same time, Russian journalist Andrei Stenin was murdered by Right Sector extremists, who are supported by the US in Ukraine. I just hope that Obama condemns all these murders. Murder of journalists should be dealt with, whether they are done by the anti-US or the pro-US factions.
The left, of course, would rather talk about Ferguson, Michael Brown, and Darren Wilson, and ignore Obama's fecklessness. We don't send American troops back into that cesspool.  Obama pulled them out and gave up all the ground they had gained, now we do NOT ask them to go back and die some more for the same real estate and the same raghead assholes.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:58:52 PM

I got news for you the united states have been executing muslims since 9/11 with drones,now its up to you to choose which is more babaric,useing a missile to blow you to pieces or a beheading,which is very common,the syrians having been doing it so has the saudies,and its was done in lebanon.
Remember Obama had said the united states is at war with isil,which was like the death sentice on the american held hostages.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:00:16 PM

The left, of course, would rather talk about Ferguson, Michael Brown, and Darren Wilson, and ignore Obama's fecklessness. We don't send American troops back into that cesspool.  Obama pulled them out and gave up all the ground they had gained, now we do NOT ask them to go back and die some more for the same real estate and the same raghead assholes.
Why do you think it is necessary to always lie.  It was Bush and condie that gave all the ground back and you know it but continue to lie.  What is wrong with your brain that you keep spewing out what you know damn well are lies.  

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:27:05 PM

Anyone with two functioning brain cells knows that is not true, and can readily prove it. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075685/Over-Last-U-S-troops-leave-Iraq.html
   1.  Over and out: Last U.S. troops leave Iraq | Mail Online
   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075685/Over-Last-U-S-troops-leave-Iraq.html
    Daily Mail
    Dec 18, 2011 - The departure is slightly earlier than the planned date of December 31. ... U.S. troops have finally left Iraq - after nearly nine years, more than a ...
   2. Deadly Iraq war ends with exit of last U.S. troops - CNN.com
    www.cnn.com/2011/12/17/world/meast/iraq-troops-leave/
    CNN
    Dec 18, 2011 - In a final tactical road march, the last U.S. troops in Iraq crossed the border into Kuwait Sunday morning, ending almost nine years of war. ... Analysts: Questions remain as U.S. troops leave .... Timeline: Key dates in the war.
   3. Rewriting History - Media Matters for America
    mediamatters.org/research/2014/.../200380
    Media Matters for America
    Aug 10, 2014 - When President Obama announced in October of 2011 that no U.S. troops would be left in Iraq, he said he was fulfilling a campaign promise.
   4. Last Convoy of American Troops Leaves Iraq - NYTimes.com
    www.nytimes.com/.../last-convoy-of-american-troo...
    The New York Times
    Dec 18, 2011 - BAGHDAD — The last convoy of American troops drove into Kuwait on Sunday morning, punctuating the end of the nearly nine-year war in Iraq ...

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:30:04 PM

Yet another useful idiot that doesn't 'know  the difference between fact and fiction or the truth from a lie. It makes you wonder about the education system in this country when so many willfully ignorant people are running around who are totally incapable of absorbing facts regardless of how many times those facts are presented.

umair127

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:37:18 PM

Why do you think it is necessary to always lie.  It was Bush and condie that gave all the ground back and you know it but continue to lie.  What is wrong with your brain that you keep spewing out what you know damn well are lies.  
In the meantime, obama has taken more than a year to even acknowledge isis existed and according to obama his military has no plan of action to propose because they are just as inept as obama and our intel team is even worse because they never figured out that isis could grow and become so violent. But according to todays presser its asads fault that isis was created because asad fed the terrorists and supplied them with arms and a means to grow. I don't think the state dept spokeswomans talking points author realized that blaming asad only points to the fact that Romney was right and obama was wrong.

zolace

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:42:05 PM

What on Earth are you babbling about this time? Bush handed Obama a peaceful Iraq, and Joe Biden even bragged that Obama would get the credit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOcPCrGRs6k
This was in 2010, long after Bush left office! Then, against all advice to the contrary, Obama pulled out all the troops and left Iraq defended only by very green troops, and we saw what happened when they faced ISIS! They ran.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
umair127

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:44:12 PM

In the last option for a do-over Romney won by about 6%, I wonder if that poll were taken today if Romney would win by double digits and if he did could we the people demand a real do-over by November 2014 with a transition by the end of that month.

tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:01:16 PM

And.. they will do it again...
and again...
As the USA has the "we don't negotiate with terrorists" policy.
They sacrifice it's people to make the public opinion on the ISIS worse..
I won't be surprised
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: