Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:43:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OpenBazaar - A Decentralized Market Platform  (Read 19936 times)
ALXBOB

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:38:07 AM

I totally support this thanks a lot!

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:04:04 PM

I've been following open bazaar for several months. I shall create my own shop online sometimes, but I wonder when the marketplace will effectively open, and leave the beta stage?

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 09:16:10 PM

More efforts need to be put into "idiot-proofing" the installer.  Please.  Make it do checks to see if it will fail before even proceeding.  I had no idea what I was getting into when I ran it and now I want to wipe the whole OS and start over.

How about for starters, when you run the script have it ask where the files from the git repo will go, or even say in the script what folder the person should be in before grabbing files and just putting them wherever.  Have the default entry be the current path and let them hit "enter" to choose that they are going to put the files there, or allow them to change it.  Does that make sense?

To be careful, I started a temp directory somewhere, and all the files ended up going there.  The script ran about 1800 lines of total chaos without any user input except "are you sure you want this set of 100 packages?" a few times over.  Just do apt-get -y, to force the script to install those packages, why give the user an option that will only cause it to fail if they say no?

Even just an "are you sure you want to install OpenBazaar HERE?" option, with a brief description of what is going to happen.  

I was under the impression that it was okay to run this in a subdirectory of an existing server.  Apparently not, and I only glanced at the code but things went all chaotic pretty fast.

So, I had a "successful install" via the script and, of course, my webserver was not configured to display anything in that random temp folder, so I figured it couldn't hurt to just force-copy all files to a folder where they could be viewed.  I moved them to a folder like "openbazaar", so I could see them at my.web.server.ip/openbazaar/ and I saw that it there is an HTML folder.  Click it, and I see stuff!  But no CSS.  In the HTML, apparently, all the include javascripts, CSS, and so on were hardcoded to /html/css/filenameexample.css

So if in your browser it looks like my.webserver.ip/openbazaar/html/index.html, you have nothing but errors because your files would have to exist at my.webserver.ip/html/css/filenameexample.css in order to work.  If you delete the /html/ part and just use a relative link css/filenameexample.css, it works perfectly.  To some degree.  It looks like the rest of the program really wants to be the top level of the server without any subdirectories so I think I'm going to wipe and start over, just wanted to leave this tidbit here so that if you think (like I did) that you can just run the script from any random folder and expect the configuration to work on the first try.  

Does anyone have any useful step-by-step instructions w/o using the script?  It says "The following instructions are for advanced users, and are not up to date." in the official instructions.  Can someone maybe bring them up to date?
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 10:04:06 PM

All good figured it out.  Script works just needs love and attention, once /html/ is the top level of the document root of your virtual host it's fine.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:27:00 AM

I've been following open bazaar for several months. I shall create my own shop online sometimes, but I wonder when the marketplace will effectively open, and leave the beta stage?

Should be in December if all go well.

Daylightx

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:38:58 AM

What is your business plan if you do not charge fees?
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:39:12 PM

What is your business plan if you do not charge fees?

It is not a business. It is an open source software.

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:35:54 PM

Just setup OpenBazaar Beta 2.0. Looking good!  Smiley
Let's get this out there! Received an email from eBay saying they are splitting from PayPal in 2015...
Once OpenBazaar is up and running they could just close eBay, I won't use it anymore!  Cool

BTW I tried to join the OpenBazaar forum and clicked on send confirmation email maybe 100 times but no email ever arrives.
It's been a month now, any chance to be able to participate in the forum? I'd like to join the discussion and give feedback from my test.
Thanks.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:34:37 AM

https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar

Go get Beta 3 (Tabriz) now!

FYI - Still no Windows installer.
Build Instructions-
https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar/wiki/Build-Instructions

MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:47:58 PM

https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar

Go get Beta 3 (Tabriz) now!

FYI - Still no Windows installer.
Build Instructions-
https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar/wiki/Build-Instructions

No windows installer but I'm going to try this out later ... https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar/wiki/Windows-support

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:01:43 PM

Windows installer came out shortly after I posted that here:

https://blog.openbazaar.org/beta-3-0-tabriz-is-released/

First download and install this dependency:
http://www.gpg4win.org/

plasm

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:32:44 AM

The killer application we are waiting for!  Shocked
Skyenet

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:00:25 AM

I been planning on wanting to start something like this...Thank god you guys have this but I am an idiot when it comes to linux etc.

Will you guys have a windows version so I can drag to my server and edit the configs to my database?

Also if you guys are accepting donations I would like to fund you guys 1k-7k depending on how well this project goes and if it has the features I am looking for.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 11:02:19 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 02:00:01 PM by chrysophylax

we have been watching this software develop over many months - and will now implement a testing phase for us soon ...

its an impressive package that looks like it has HUGE potential ...

eager to see what features this will have in the full release ...

#crysx

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 10:44:05 AM

Bump for a worthy & potentially revolutionary software development project!

I had nearly forgotten about OpenBazaar but stumbled across FrankenMint's review the other day and got intrigued all over again! Have to post here to follow along with any updates and I am going to try to do a build of it to try out soon!

Sammot

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 10:10:20 PM

Where is the forum? The link redirects to the blog  Cry  if I have a problem where I can ask for help?

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 01:00:32 AM

Where is the forum? The link redirects to the blog  Cry  if I have a problem where I can ask for help?

here ...

though there isnt much movement i must admit ...

#crysx

fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:40:14 AM

Hey when will this launch past Beta? Can I start selling on it now? Since I detest PayPal I have no options to sell my stuff anymore! (eBay doesn't allow checks or cash anymore.)
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:15:37 AM

Hey when will this launch past Beta? Can I start selling on it now? Since I detest PayPal I have no options to sell my stuff anymore! (eBay doesn't allow checks or cash anymore.)

Reports from reddit indicate end of this year when the regular buyers and sellers can jump onboard.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:30:09 PM

Reports from reddit indicate end of this year when the regular buyers and sellers can jump onboard.

Thanks! Hurry, this will be a game changer for Bitcoin. PayPal was nothing before eBay adopted it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: