Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:54:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcash - Bitcoin's partner in world domination  (Read 1369 times)
bitlotto (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 02:41:45 AM

This forum category sure is interesting. It always gets me thinking about if there was another Bitcoin (or even needed) running in parallel to Bitcoin what features it would have.

I've wondered about one that:

-was planned in advance with a set start time so no one could pre-mine any of the blocks
-used merged mining with Bitcoin like namecoin
-operated in pretty much the same manner as Bitcoin but:
a. Block reward was always 25 BTC - no set max amount in circulation
b. For the block to be accepted by the network it would have to contain at least 1/2 of all known transactions by the network (they would include more to be safe). It would have to have a certain % of free ones and and a certain % of paid tx's. Giving preference to the paid ones.

It would have a little bit of inflation (perhaps encourage spending? or is that false?)
The 25 BTC will slowly become a pretty big prize that could help keep tx fees low since the miners main reward will be the 25 BTC. There will be no time when the network will depend on tx fees. 

Would it work?

I know it may not even be necessary but it's kind of interesting that if YOU could design what features Bitcash would have what would you pick?

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 04:26:52 AM

If you want constant creation of new coins, GRouPcoin and DeVCoin both already have that so basically that feature is already out there.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 02:01:27 PM

Sounds like reasonable changes to me. At some size of the economy the number of lost coins due to lost wallets etc will probably equal the 25 created and stop inflation naturally. I like the requirement of needing to include half of known transactions as well - though this change could probably be made to bitcoin as well.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 02:13:47 PM

b. For the block to be accepted by the network it would have to contain at least 1/2 of all known transactions by the network (they would include more to be safe). It would have to have a certain % of free ones and and a certain % of paid tx's. Giving preference to the paid ones.

That's not a real thing. If there was a deterministic way to tell how many transactions were out there and what they were then we wouldn't need the block chain.

a. Block reward was always 25 BTC - no set max amount in circulation.

A big part of the reason a little piece of secret data can hold so much value is it's scarcity. I'd take a small chance on a currency like this if it was all that was available, but I put my life into Bitcoin.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: