Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 1906 times)
holdon1987 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:45:42 PM

Hi everybody, i'm new to the forum, and actually i've been reading topics in this forum and all over the web and this is my first move lol

i'm realy interested in BTC, i'm in high school so of course i don't have much money lol but it is realy interesting, as well as THE friedcat concept wich i'm realy wanting to know and read about for potential investment of something like that, actually i'm from africa and i need a little help to star in this huuuuge field.

so welcome to me again lol and realy hoping to know people and getting some help.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:49:18 PM

Hi everybody, i'm new to the forum, and actually i've been reading topics in this forum and all over the web and this is my first move lol

i'm realy interested in BTC, i'm in high school so of course i don't have much money lol but it is realy interesting, as well as THE friedcat concept wich i'm realy wanting to know and read about for potential investment of something like that, actually i'm from africa and i need a little help to star in this huuuuge field.

so welcome to me again lol and realy hoping to know people and getting some help.

Welcome! You should check out the newbies and help forum. There are a lot of good resources there. Be careful how you handle your bit coin. They are valuable so there are always people that will try to take advantage of you.

holdon1987 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:56:14 PM

Thank you, i'm ready it as ell, and can say that i'm a big learner and i'm trying to improve my knowledge about all that, even if its a little "late" lol

than you very much again Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:06:19 PM

Welcome to the forum!  I can remember when i started out the good old GPU days Smiley

Easy2Mine.com is running a video contest: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768294.msg8657899#msg8657899 if your good at making videos.  Thought I would throw it out since you mentioned just starting and low on funds.

Hope to see you around the forums.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:26:50 PM

Hi and welcome to bitcointalk forum, my usual advice when I see some newcomer is:
Don't trust anyone here, if you want to trade do it always using an escrow.

The accounts could be sold so even if you are dealing with an hero member look out for scams.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:22:33 PM

Welcome! I saw you're interested in friedcat! What do you know about him and what do you find so interesting about him? I also think he is quite an interesting engineer and entrepreneur! It would be great if you could elaborate on that!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:53:49 PM

Welcome holdon1987.  As I'm sure you've observed your in for one heck of a ride.  Insofar as your trying to earn some bitcoin gives some thought to what it is that your good at and like to do and can implement technically and consider posting something under the [Marketplace] [Services] section.  It can literally be something as simple as doing custom drawings, logo's, etc. or better yet create a listing with what kinds of skills you have and are looking to earn money for.

Never trust others with your bitcoin unless you've properly vetted them (and even then gox's happen).  Avoid investing in mining securities.  And absolutely never risk any more than you can afford to lose.  These I guess would be the top three things I would advise.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:28:53 PM

Welcome holdon1987! All I can say is read up on everything you can and be careful who you trust. Glad to see you have taken the first step and I can guarantee this will be a journey you will enjoy!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 12:41:26 AM

Welcome and enjoy the journey.  Cool

There are unlimited opportunities awaiting you in the world of cryptocurrency!
holdon1987 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:16:31 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 04:36:05 AM by holdon1987

Welcome to the forum!  I can remember when i started out the good old GPU days Smiley

Easy2Mine.com is running a video contest: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768294.msg8657899#msg8657899 if your good at making videos.  Thought I would throw it out since you mentioned just starting and low on funds.

Hope to see you around the forums.

Thank you for the tip, and i'll try to give it a shot, even if i'm not a super graphic geek lol
Hi and welcome to bitcointalk forum, my usual advice when I see some newcomer is:
Don't trust anyone here, if you want to trade do it always using an escrow.

The accounts could be sold so even if you are dealing with an hero member look out for scams.

Thank you dude, no trust is the rule number 1 on the internet Wink

Welcome! I saw you're interested in friedcat! What do you know about him and what do you find so interesting about him? I also think he is quite an interesting engineer and entrepreneur! It would be great if you could elaborate on that!

I'm an engeneer too just graduated, and i'm amazed by the way he understood the upcoming era of cryptocurrencies and the way to "open source" it so i'm trying to read about the concepts, and maybe find a business opurtunitiy to "harvest" in Africa Smiley

Welcome holdon1987.  As I'm sure you've observed your in for one heck of a ride.  Insofar as your trying to earn some bitcoin gives some thought to what it is that your good at and like to do and can implement technically and consider posting something under the [Marketplace] [Services] section.  It can literally be something as simple as doing custom drawings, logo's, etc. or better yet create a listing with what kinds of skills you have and are looking to earn money for.

Never trust others with your bitcoin unless you've properly vetted them (and even then gox's happen).  Avoid investing in mining securities.  And absolutely never risk any more than you can afford to lose.  These I guess would be the top three things I would advise.

Thank you very much for the advice, i'm a engenner too in networks and telecomunication, ive done all the ccna certifications and stuff with a master degree in developping app so c, c++ .net and so, but realy looking dor an idea and a business oportunity, than you again for the advice and realy hoping to know you people and having the chance to learn from you.

Welcome holdon1987! All I can say is read up on everything you can and be careful who you trust. Glad to see you have taken the first step and I can guarantee this will be a journey you will enjoy!

I hope it too and thank you as well Smiley

Welcome and enjoy the journey.  Cool

There are unlimited opportunities awaiting you in the world of cryptocurrency!

I'm trying to ID them as wll, thank you and realy exited about all that Smiley

Feel Free to donate if you want or you feel generous or lucky or both or whatever Cheesy

BTC: 1GWkwr6rKaRzLN1AAbAhDS2wymGVuBBedX
turncoat_ewok

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:37:41 PM

Welcome to this forum. I hope you will enjoy your time. I have notice that teenagers are getting involve in Bitcoin. I suggest you to spend time with this forum and you will be able to learn a lot.
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:04:45 PM

Welcome to bitcointalk.

What do you mean by "The friedcat concept"? I only know that friedcat is the founder and CEO of ASICMiner.

coin_price_usr

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:16:39 PM

I follow your foot steps and join to the party  Smiley
Scoremaster

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Hi I am back from a long period of away time :)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:36:30 PM

welcome Smiley make sure you read up on scams and dont get scammed! people buy higher level accounts to scam watch out!

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Mybitcoinz

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:27:24 PM

welcome, I'm still new but I feel that this forum is a part of me Smiley

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:33:09 PM

I'm an engeneer too just graduated, and i'm amazed by the way he understood the upcoming era of cryptocurrencies and the way to "open source" it so i'm trying to read about the concepts, and maybe find a business opurtunitiy to "harvest" in Africa Smiley

Interesting! Yeah, he managed to build one of the first ASICs back in early 2013, when there were just Avalon and BFL (who only delivered a handful of miners for a long time due to technical difficulties) so he could produce the miners en mass and do self-minig when everyone was still using GPUs. That way he could move before everyone else.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:55:27 PM

Thank you, i'm ready it as ell, and can say that i'm a big learner and i'm trying to improve my knowledge about all that, even if its a little "late" lol

than you very much again Smiley
never too late for success, your success may learn in this forum and I find that a lot of bitcoin and easy hih
obocaman

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:54:21 PM

We need more teens in the BTC world, they are the first generation of young people using the internet, the future users of BTC.
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:01:58 PM

never too late for success, your success may learn in this forum and I find that a lot of bitcoin and easy hih

True lol, bitcoin is still far away from mass adoption.
You are still ahead of 90% or 95% of the general public if you join now.

BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:09:53 PM

Welcome, i am also new, looking to start mining, just interested, how much funds you need to get some profit in BTC mining ?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: