Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Promotional Bitcoin site - offensive? intriguing? stupid? what do you think?  (Read 1267 times)
vm_mpn (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:52:53 AM

Put up new site Btcregistry.com and really like to hear some feedback from the community.
Mostly wanted to intrigue newcomers - links only to blockchain and bitcoinorg

V
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:57:42 AM

Great design, but i dont even know what the hell this is supposed to do. All it is is a link to the genesis txid and a link to bitcoin.org at the bottom. Plus the title is Bitcoin Registry Service which I have no idea has to do with the website. Kind of a useless website IMO

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
vm_mpn (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:03:07 AM

Great design, but i dont even know what the hell this is supposed to do. All it is is a link to the genesis txid and a link to bitcoin.org at the bottom. Plus the title is Bitcoin Registry Service which I have no idea has to do with the website. Kind of a useless website IMO

Ok. harsh but fair - recommendations?
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:04:10 AM

None, site looks good but its just completely random and useless.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
vm_mpn (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:13:50 AM

Hmm, so if you were new, random visitor who happened to stumble upon this site would you be interested to head on to Bitcoin.org or would it just turned you off? Reason I put it up is to create an emotional response, hopefully an interest... I do not think it's going to work based on what you are telling me.
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:16:05 AM

Well the whole bitcoin registry service is misleading, it has nothing to do with a service, change the name to something relevant, and make the page interesting, maybe a memorial to satoshi and the genesis block. I have no idea where the registry thing came from.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
vm_mpn (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:45:29 AM

Well the whole bitcoin registry service is misleading, it has nothing to do with a service, change the name to something relevant, and make the page interesting, maybe a memorial to satoshi and the genesis block. I have no idea where the registry thing came from.

Copy that Will - Thanks!

V
johncarpe64

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:22:22 AM

I agree. You may get some people to stay on your site for a little while, but there is no real reason why you would get any/much repeat traffic.
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:47:46 AM

Copy that Will - Thanks!

V
NP. Also the reply above me is right as well. Theres zero reason for me to go back to the site. Why would I want to see a link to the genesis block, and some cool graphics again.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
vm_mpn (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:32:02 AM

Ok, appreciate it guys... Truth of the matter is I do not want visitors to return to my site. Just wanted to generate enough interest for them to head on to Bitcoin.org or Blockhain.info. It was designed to be just a promo site. My bad.

By the way. Initially the idea behind BTCRegistry.com was to pull and store public notes from the blockchain for future reference but after reading a few hundred of those notes I've decided against it... Original SN note I found to be very interesting - it seems to be simple date reference based on "Times" article but there is so much intent and underlying agenda in it. 
vm_mpn (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:01:01 AM

Made an attempt to make btcregistry.com more interesting and useful. Now visitors can go back and time and pull old Bitcoin / Blockchain statistics - transaction volume, price, hashrate, etc.

My first venture into Javascript, JSON, API, etc. Hope you will approve.

Vadim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: