Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:36:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014: The Worst Year for BTC?  (Read 11114 times)
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:02:31 AM

Call me an optimist but even with the forever downward trend i think btc will end up significantly higher than where it is right now. And even if it doesn't, I also don't really care.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
promojo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:19:30 PM

Best news of year - PayPal announces Bitcoin partnership - http://www.coindesk.com/paypal-announces-first-partnerships-bitcoin-space/
ariyaromadhona

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:39:01 PM

Probably yes , looks like majority investor are changing to invest at altcoin
, looks like stellar .. even bitcoin price goes down , their price still up and up more
cannot wait for btc price in under $400 , so the majority bought many BTC and it will raise again :v
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:32:36 PM

Call me an optimist but even with the forever downward trend i think btc will end up significantly higher than where it is right now.
Following that statement, I would call you a realist.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 09:21:08 PM

Year's not over folks!  (Tips cap to Paypal)

Year's not over.  Still got 3 months to make something miraculous happen!

Come on Amazon.  Come on Google.  Need another major player to light the moon rocket.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
ruins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:35:29 AM

have some faith in BTC, still have almost 3 months to go, no worries. more and more people is getting to know and adopt it.
halfawake

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:11:22 AM

Come on Amazon.  Come on Google.  Need another major player to light the moon rocket.

We just got another major player

I don't think bitcoin has the necessary infrastructure to handle Amazon yet.  The amount of volume that Amazon does - even if bitcoin captured 0.1% of their orders, which is unlikely, it'd be a massive amount of orders.  For a player the size of Amazon to adopt bitcoin, they'd need one of two things: either a proper hedging platform so that they could hedge away the massive price fluctuations of bitcoin, or a widespread enough bitcoin adoptions that they could hold bitcoin directly and pay their suppliers with bitcoin instead of dollars.  I'd prefer option two, personally, but we're many years away from THAT widespread an adoption of bitcoin.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:55:13 AM

I don't think bitcoin has the necessary infrastructure to handle Amazon yet.  The amount of volume that Amazon does - even if bitcoin captured 0.1% of their orders, which is unlikely, it'd be a massive amount of orders.  For a player the size of Amazon to adopt bitcoin, they'd need one of two things: either a proper hedging platform so that they could hedge away the massive price fluctuations of bitcoin, or a widespread enough bitcoin adoptions that they could hold bitcoin directly and pay their suppliers with bitcoin instead of dollars.  I'd prefer option two, personally, but we're many years away from THAT widespread an adoption of bitcoin.

It takes time to build the infrastructure. Paypal has teamed up with 3 major BTC payment processors. That will help the infrastructure and adoption. Slowly we are getting there.
naztykoyn

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:48:52 PM

It takes time to build the infrastructure. Paypal has teamed up with 3 major BTC payment processors. That will help the infrastructure and adoption. Slowly we are getting there.

Right now, there is not yet any feedback about this.. Let us just wait..
naztykoyn

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:32:43 AM

Considering what happened this 2014. The apple breadwallet, breadtree and paypal, 2014 is a great year for btc. Not even great, I think the best yet.
Fourone

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:49:41 AM

i think this year is psychedelic!
sumeet

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:07:55 AM

more and more company announced partnership with bitcoin. IMO, it will be a happy ending of BTC.
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:56:04 AM

Considering what happened this 2014. The apple breadwallet, breadtree and paypal, 2014 is a great year for btc. Not even great, I think the best yet.

Better things will come next year. Cheesy
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:18:22 PM

In my opinion... It's the year of making it's stand on world stage against all Odd...

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:06:58 PM

Gloomy. I would say. Anyway let's look on the long term basis. I'm just waiting for the day when i can pay btc using paypal

bitcoinmajestik

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:45:05 PM

i think everything will be fine with the price , everyone worrys too much
SeaofBTC

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:23:27 PM

Bitcoin price is not indicative of the success or failure of Bitcoin the currency or protocol.

2014 is easily the best year for Bitcoin. For bitcoin, not really. The amount of people worried about the price not constantly going up is just proof that people purely care about their USD profits rather than the success of bitcoin. Quit caring about USD profit in the short term.
cryptomad

Activity: 301

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:58:56 PM

I hope this year and beyond is good for btc,Id hate it see it Fall so Much Sad

Spend GCN at World of electronics Transfer files at www.gfile.us 10k free per transfer Smiley
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:06:13 PM

Bitcoin price is not indicative of the success or failure of Bitcoin the currency or protocol.

2014 is easily the best year for Bitcoin. For bitcoin, not really. The amount of people worried about the price not constantly going up is just proof that people purely care about their USD profits rather than the success of bitcoin. Quit caring about USD profit in the short term.

^ This, feverishly agreed.
BitBlitz

Activity: 285

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:27:15 PM

Well, 2011 went from ~$31 to ~$2 in a few months..  How is '14 "worse" (using your definition as price being the only factor)?

2014 will be the worst year for miners and investors that jumped in because they saw everyone around them 'getting rich quick'.

BitBlitz's investing rule #437:  Once everyone is telling you you're an idiot for not investing-- it is time to ask how everyone makes profits on the same investment...

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: