Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:33:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NZBMatrix accepting Bitcoins  (Read 3575 times)
RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 11:47:38 PM

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.  I did a quick search but nothing showed up.

I've been a VIP member of NZBMatrix long before I was into Bitcoin, but was signing a friend up last night and noticed that Bitcoin is an option for payment for VIP Upgrades Smiley

I can't grab a screenshot as the option disappears once you've signed up, but if you want to check it out just create a free account, then click on the VIP Upgrade button.  It's on the Donation page as well:  www.nzbmatrix.com/subscription.php

Pretty big site in the world of NZB's (possibly the biggest since Newzbin 1 died, but I haven't really checked out Newsbin 2 so can't comment there).  It's not going to change the world with regards to Bitcoin adoption, but it's nice that the option is there regardless.  The more the merrier Smiley

www.nzbmatrix.com

Announcement

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 12:34:48 AM

That appears to be the third biggest website to ever accept Bitcoins.

triplehelix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 01:14:44 AM

i believe the filesharing economy is a major low hanging fruit for bitcoin to increase commercial usage.  seedboxes, torrent sites donations/vip purchase, vpns, hosting sites, etc.  it increases anonymity of a services users eliminating the money trail, which now is a major chink in the armor.

torrentfreak just published an article about vpns and one of the items is about bitcoin use:

https://torrentfreak.com/how-to-make-vpns-even-more-secure-120419/
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 01:52:57 AM

Great!

Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 06:50:40 AM

Whats NZBMatrix? Some kind of file distribution network? It wont let you see anything without signing up.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 07:08:41 AM

Whats NZBMatrix? Some kind of file distribution network? It wont let you see anything without signing up.

Basically a Usenet indexing site.   Think a private torrent site, but with Usenet instead of Bittorrent Smiley

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 01:36:26 PM

Wow.  Very cool.  I've been an NZBMatrix member for almost 5 years now, but I just might throw a few bitcoins their way for adopting the currency.  NZBMatrix + SABnzb + SickBeard = best media experience ever.  It'd be great if other biggish service providers in this particular niche would adopt bitcoins.  I'm specifically thinking of btguard and Astraweb, for example.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:41:25 AM

Wow.  Very cool.  I've been an NZBMatrix member for almost 5 years now, but I just might throw a few bitcoins their way for adopting the currency.  NZBMatrix + SABnzb + SickBeard = best media experience ever. 

Agreed.  And Couchpotato Smiley

Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 06:38:07 AM

Wow.  Very cool.  I've been an NZBMatrix member for almost 5 years now, but I just might throw a few bitcoins their way for adopting the currency.  NZBMatrix + SABnzb + SickBeard = best media experience ever. 

Agreed.  And Couchpotato Smiley

Thread rez!

I've been tinkering with my newsgroup setup and saw your post about NZBMatrix accepting coin, so I sent them some.  I also noticed that couchpotato accepts bitcoin donations, too!

https://couchpota.to/

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 09:19:34 AM

now if only giganews would accept bitcoins!  Cheesy
rchapoteau

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 01:53:15 PM

Since Newsbin 2 died NZBMatrix is probably the way to go.
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 06:06:22 PM

Can be used in conjunction with bitusenet.com Wink

Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 07:43:37 PM

Can be used in conjunction with bitusenet.com Wink

Who runs bitusenet? Their page is lacking a privacy policy and information like if it's their own index or if they just resell.  I guess I should send them an email.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 03:24:56 PM

This is a real bummer.

The End...

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX has closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited.

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.
Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots.  Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.
There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out...

Their bitcoin adoption was simply too late to be helpful.  Everyone who used the site had already paid with paypal or whatever.  On the bright side, paypal et al. are, I think, helping turn bitcoin into a moment.  What I mean is that they're building a strong case for a decentralized digital medium of exchange that will eventually reach a point where using it is so obvious and necessary there will be a powerful surge to its adoption.

Also, would there be a way to use the bitcoin model for nzbs hosting and sharing?  Something like namecoin but for nzbs?  Just talking out loud here.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 01:16:38 AM

Filesharing in a 'blockchain'?

Oh.. you mean a distributed datastore?

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:17:06 AM

Something like namecoin but for nzbs?  Just talking out loud here.

Yeah namecoin is the idea for all this BS no way to screw over the domains if they start blocking IPs then all that is needed is a change in the record in namecoin by the holder of it. What is really needed though is to break the lock the content mafia have on the channel of distribution itself. In other words a reboot of the internet on a P2P distributed network with something like namecoin running the domains end to end encrypted by default.
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 04:06:46 AM

Wow.  Very cool.  I've been an NZBMatrix member for almost 5 years now, but I just might throw a few bitcoins their way for adopting the currency.  NZBMatrix + SABnzb + SickBeard = best media experience ever.  It'd be great if other biggish service providers in this particular niche would adopt bitcoins.  I'm specifically thinking of btguard and Astraweb, for example.

This...it should especially be useful for Astraweb and other NNTP service providers, as they're the ones making the most money off of file downloads.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 04:12:32 AM

http://nzbmatrix.com/the_end.html
Shermo

Activity: 272

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 07:37:31 PM

That really sucks, I only donated them some bitcoins a few days ago... really lame!

Nzbsrus.com is another site I use, its currently hit and miss as there servers are taking a real hammering lately with lots of other sites closing down. They've also had several bitcoin donations from me, I'm all for supporting sites I use.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: