Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for a bitcoin irc chat board  (Read 1197 times)
grantenierman (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:57:37 PM

basically a chat board for new irc relating to bitcoin or a chat boardfor new ircs for altcoins as well. I notice that bitcointalk doesn't have one and alot of people used the irc chat networks like freenode to communicate. im pretty sure it won't effect the forum because people would have to find it on the board. It would just be easier for dev deals to be made besides just using the forum plus people don't have to used irc they can just used this board or forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
5 Guys Burgers

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:47:03 PM

they are supposedly updating the forum sometime int he next few months to a year. who knows
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:09:23 PM

I think it'd turn into a shitfest pretty quickly. Just look at the chat on btc-e.com

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
pummle

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:32:26 AM

basically a chat board for new irc relating to bitcoin or a chat boardfor new ircs for altcoins as well. I notice that bitcointalk doesn't have one and alot of people used the irc chat networks like freenode to communicate. im pretty sure it won't effect the forum because people would have to find it on the board. It would just be easier for dev deals to be made besides just using the forum plus people don't have to used irc they can just used this board or forum.

What is wrong with the current one? Freenode IRC #bitcoin and #bitcoin-assets and #bitcoin-otc etc.

http://bitcoin-assets.com/

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
grantenierman (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 12:46:27 AM

What is wrong with the current one? Freenode IRC #bitcoin and #bitcoin-assets and #bitcoin-otc etc.

Suppose so but the wiki for bitcoin has more im already in #bitcoin It was just an idea for other irc servers since bitcoin was p2p irc would be the best way to communicate along with the forum here.
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:54:41 AM

There's also the bitcoin chan on BitMessage.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4441

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:01:50 AM

OP you do not need to request it.. just start it, make a # and then start asking people to go to it and talk about whatever you choose the topic to be
dont just sit there.... start one, it doesnt cost you anything.

here you go ill make it easy as pie..
http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=#franky1

just change franky1 to whatever you like

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
grantenierman (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:15:10 AM

OP you do not need to request it.. just start it, make a # and then start asking people to go to it and talk about whatever you choose the topic to be

That really wasn't the idea I had in mind for the board I have my own channels i wasn't looking for advertisement. 
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4441

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:22:09 AM

just make a irc called bitcointalk and plaster it's link everywhere and remind people to use it .. then ask theymos to 'sticky' a post you make that tells people to go to #bitcointalk-bitcoin, #bitcointalk-altcoin.. for instance

all im saying is that people in the bitcoin community should not think of bitcoin as a top down management where you need to permission to do anything.. if you want a bitcointalk irc room.. MAKE IT.. if the idea is good people will use it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
grantenierman (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:42:57 AM

i agree with that but i was thinking about something else for the forum then again thinking about it it seems to be like a website idea more then a forum board idea.
pummle

Activity: 109

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:44:23 PM

i agree with that but i was thinking about something else for the forum then again thinking about it it seems to be like a website idea more then a forum board idea.

So in other words, you have no idea what you want or how to ask for it? Also, please learn the use of capitalization and punctuation, your posts are making my head hurt.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
Fearless

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:46:14 PM

I am thinking that the chat board will turn into spam board in no time. The mainchat will be flooded by people asking for donations or posting their site links. Hope this issue can be resolved.
Altminer79

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:13:49 PM

That really wasn't the idea I had in mind for the board I have my own channels i wasn't looking for advertisement. 
He explained was the same as you demanded on the OP.If not this what you want exactly
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: