Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with BTC  (Read 992 times)
ImJello (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 05:38:31 AM

I'm really stupid when it comes to BTC  Sad. I would like to apologize in advance for asking these dumb questions, but i'm clueless  Undecided. I'd like to say that i appreciate the friendly user base here on this forum. Its not often you can ask a question on a forum anymore and receive a answer that actually helps(Sadly). Bassically what i did was sent coins from mt gox to my btc. Not knowing they need to be confirmed(currently unconfirmed 1/6 blocks) i sent them to my SR account( currently 0/6 blocks). I want to know if thats ok, Will i lose my coins? and am i able to turn my computer off right now, or do i need to leave it running to receive blocks or whatever? I'm sorry if this question is hard to understand but i'm completely new to this.

Rothgar

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 05:48:33 AM

Hello Newbe,

If your client broadcasted well then you should have no trouble, and can turn off your computer.  Basically I check if my transaction ended up on this list.  http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/txlist/  (find address sent to.)  If it's there it should confirm eventually.  If you don't see it on that list check the block chain by searching for the address sent to. 

http://blockexplorer.com/

If it shows up in the block explorer than it's already confirmed at least once. 

I see no reason why you should have lost them.  If you see your transaction on one of the two lists then there should be no problem.

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 07:19:28 AM

The second transaction won't start to receive confirmations until the first one is confirmed, however since the first one already has 1 confirmation (out of 6 required for total confidence that the transaction is valid) there will be no problem unless something exceptional happens. Even if the first one had no confirmations at all, this would just result in the second transaction being delayed until the first transaction was confirmed (though most clients won't let you send coins at all until you've got at least 1 confirmation).

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 07:42:51 AM

http://blockchain.info/

You may want to use that website to check transactions/addresses, ect... It's way more user friendly.
jannu

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 06:27:02 PM

How do i get those coins to my reputation in this forum Huh
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 06:30:53 PM

I don't understand the question.  Are you talking about the golden coins under my avatar to the left?  If so, this has more to do with your time as a member & post history on this forum.  It's not really a reputation issue.  If you are talking about something else, I have no idea.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
jannu

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 06:32:17 PM

I don't understand the question.  Are you talking about the golden coins under my avatar to the left?  If so, this has more to do with your time as a member & post history on this forum.  It's not really a reputation issue.  If you are talking about something else, I have no idea.

Oh okay, i was talking about those coins under avatar. I thought they were something else Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: