Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gawminers scam  (Read 1372 times)
thresher (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:25:32 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 08:16:35 PM by thresher

Edit: Was refunded several hours after updating this thread for full amount owed.  At this point they are refunding people, slowly, but they are, so apologies to gaw at this time.     

Just letting people know to check their zenminer accounts, because gawminers has been charging me a fee (after two weeks), despite having ordered 3 months of free cloud hashing service.
2 days, no email response, noone answers the phones, but just giving people the heads up, as they either don't know what they are doing(unlikely), or they deliberately do this, knowing people might not realize.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZenMiner_Kaeti

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:57:43 PM

Just letting people know to check their zenminer accounts, because gawminers has been charging me a fee (after two weeks), despite having ordered 3 months of free cloud hashing service.
2 days, no email response, noone answers the phones, but just giving people the heads up, as they either don't know what they are doing(unlikely), or they deliberately do this, knowing people might not realize.

Hi there,

I understand this is extremely frustrating for you and anyone else experiencing the same issue, this is in no way deliberate and we are working daily to get everyone's hosting dates corrected and we will refund any BTC that was wrongfully deducted from your account.

Please see this thread for additional information:
https://hashtalk.org/t/number-of-hosting-days-incorrect/5963

We ask that you contact us directly to get your issue fixed, either by ticket or PM on Hashtalk.org  If you have been experiencing a long wait time on your ticket, please send either myself (@ZenMiner_Kaeti) or Leah (@ZenMiner_Leah) a PM so we can fix this for you.

Thank you!

FlexHash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 06:50:29 PM

It seems they gave higher priority to bitcointalk than their own customer support system.  Grin

I hope you get your refund. But as an warning, GAW is getting very dodgy.

I'm sure you have read this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720844.0

and this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=537912.0

and this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=749980.0
thresher (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:58:15 PM

Hi there,

I understand this is extremely frustrating for you and anyone else experiencing the same issue, this is in no way deliberate and we are working daily to get everyone's hosting dates corrected and we will refund any BTC that was wrongfully deducted from your account.

Please see this thread for additional information:
https://hashtalk.org/t/number-of-hosting-days-incorrect/5963

We ask that you contact us directly to get your issue fixed, either by ticket or PM on Hashtalk.org  If you have been experiencing a long wait time on your ticket, please send either myself (@ZenMiner_Kaeti) or Leah (@ZenMiner_Leah) a PM so we can fix this for you.

Thank you!

So I have to create an account to make the ticket, then I have to create an account on hashtalk.org to tell you, you're not responding to my ticket? 
I posted in that running thread, but since there are people who have not had there ticket resolved for 5 days, it does not make me feel to confident.
Why have a 24 hour response time, that is not accurate?  Why have a phone number that no one answers?

I actually logged into my account to use my reward points on a free hashlet, and thought, wow these guys are great.....I think I'm thinking something else right now.

Thanks for the response.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:47:00 PM

im payng a daily fee too
AirFlame

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:48:07 PM

It seems they gave higher priority to bitcointalk than their own customer support system.  Grin

I hope you get your refund. But as an warning, GAW is getting very dodgy.

I'm sure you have read this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720844.0

and this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=537912.0

and this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=749980.0

I think You can use this site to make some money you are good at this.
http://www.trollsforhire.com/
thresher (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:43:36 AM

UPDATE 10 days since I originally made a support ticket:
- haven't heard from them, other than the day I exposed them on the forum
- still being charged (now almost a month of my 3 free months of hosting)
- have not had any btc returned

Honestly what if I was relying on the btc from them, or wanted to sell it.  They would have screwed me out of even more money. 

Never buy from them as they apparently have no idea what the are doing (why people are being charged in the first place), as well as they lack the infrastructure to handle any issues.
They are definitely evolving into a mt. gox and are trying to make as much money as possible before running off.

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:02:53 PM

I'll update as well...

- Today's balance from mining.... Current Balance 0.00000000 BTC, no deposit in over 24 hours with several physical miners (no hashlet bs)
- Haven't heard back from GAW on the status of my shipment, now more than a week with no response
- Posts deleted and threads were locked on hashtalk when trying to get an answer
-Was quadruple charged maintenance more than 10 times, credited back manually each time, but they state "it's a bug in our software". If I didn't watch it carefully, it would have gone unnoticed.
- Offered discounts and additional virtual hashing in effort to appease complaints, but not actually fixing the complaints.  I'm mining to make $, not get coupons to buy more trouble.

So far I'm out of pocket a few grand, they appear to be very, very inexperienced in running a business. They are focused more on hype and marketing than actually delivering products and services to customers. The optimist in me believes they are not intentionally trying to defraud people, but their lack of business experience in supply chain management and customer service makes them appear as fraudsters.

I highly recommend that you stay away from GAW if you're considering a purchase (either of physical equipment or virtual equipment). They just have no idea what they're doing.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:44:33 PM

I'll update as well...

- Today's balance from mining.... Current Balance 0.00000000 BTC, no deposit in over 24 hours with several physical miners (no hashlet bs)
- Haven't heard back from GAW on the status of my shipment, now more than a week with no response
- Posts deleted and threads were locked on hashtalk when trying to get an answer
-Was quadruple charged maintenance more than 10 times, credited back manually each time, but they state "it's a bug in our software". If I didn't watch it carefully, it would have gone unnoticed.
- Offered discounts and additional virtual hashing in effort to appease complaints, but not actually fixing the complaints.  I'm mining to make $, not get coupons to buy more trouble.

So far I'm out of pocket a few grand, they appear to be very, very inexperienced in running a business. They are focused more on hype and marketing than actually delivering products and services to customers. The optimist in me believes they are not intentionally trying to defraud people, but their lack of business experience in supply chain management and customer service makes them appear as fraudsters.

I highly recommend that you stay away from GAW if you're considering a purchase (either of physical equipment or virtual equipment). They just have no idea what they're doing.

Care to explain why your posts were deleted? If you read the forum rules and behaved like all the other people who post there they wouldn't have to delete anything. Other forums are also plagued by such behaviour and have posts deleted and trolls banned, KNC is a good example here.

They also said that if you want the miners sent to you you'll have to wait 2 weeks, a week has passed and you're already on the offense.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
thresher (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:32:02 PM

I'll update as well...

- Offered discounts and additional virtual hashing in effort to appease complaints, but not actually fixing the complaints.  I'm mining to make $, not get coupons to buy more trouble.

Wow seems like i'm only getting half swindled compared to you.  My miners started working almost right away when I purchased them. 
I'll update as well...

Care to explain why your posts were deleted? If you read the forum rules and behaved like all the other people who post there they wouldn't have to delete anything. Other forums are also plagued by such behaviour and have posts deleted and trolls banned, KNC is a good example here.

They also said that if you want the miners sent to you you'll have to wait 2 weeks, a week has passed and you're already on the offense.

When you have to create an account to purchase from them, create an account to create a support ticket, create an account to get support from hash talk, go to bitcointalk (where fortunately you have an account) to be able to talk with others about how they are scamming us, their time frames mean nothing.  I was supposed to have a 24 hour time frame, they held real close to that.  Roll Eyes

It is clear seeing what is going on that they are setting up for a final scam.
If they were not than why would a maintenance fee randomly start when it hadn't been?  Furthermore, why can they not turn it off and refund my btc? 
........because they do not want to.

Why are they letting us withdraw our money then?  Well....because they are scamming us on maintenance costs.  If I purchased a miner from them solely due to 3 months of free hosting, then they bill me anyways, they pocketed money from the miner sale, and an additional $225 (this is on a large scale, not like they are doing it to some of us.)  If they freeze my btc, they get like $70, if i don't check it for over a week.  Keep in mind this starting happening when the hashlets came out, something else filled with controversy. 

I don't think they started with the intent to scam, I just think with the altcoins collapsing, they figured out a way to cut there loses before collapsing.   

EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:35:25 PM

Edit: Was refunded several hours after updating this thread for full amount owed.  At this point they are refunding people, slowly, but they are, so apologies to gaw at this time.     

If you were refunded maybe it's a good idea to close the thread?

thresher (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:03:14 PM

If you were refunded maybe it's a good idea to close the thread?

Being refunded, after being incorrectly charged, after ten days, and only being contacted after exposing them, does not equal good service, or that they are forgiven. 

I figured people wouldn't respond but I will lock the thread anyways, as I wouldn't want you to not make money from the company you endorse in your signature  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: