Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:58:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why coinbase of genesis block is not spentable?  (Read 1061 times)
imharrywu (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:32:57 AM

directly, i known that it is because of that, the coinbase tx of genesis block is not included into coinbase database. but i want to known why dev group do this limit?  Can any one provide more concrete reason or samples for me to understand the design? thanks very much.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:51:04 AM

directly, i known that it is because of that, the coinbase tx of genesis block is not included into coinbase database. but i want to known why dev group do this limit?  Can any one provide more concrete reason or samples for me to understand the design? thanks very much.

It was most likely an oversight.  It was probably not done intentionally. Once it existed changing it is a forking change, and it isn't important enough to make a forking change worthwhile.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: