Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:34:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "[THE PLAN] The Sarkeesian Effect: The Movie" has received Bitcoin!  (Read 1648 times)
tjohej (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:41:02 AM

One other reason for starting the topic is that there is no reference at all about Bitcoin being used to support youtube user jordanowen42 on Bitcointalk. I would like to know what you think about this project: Does it hold any value? Do you like it, dislike it or think neutrally about it?

The upcoming documentary [THE PLAN] The Sarkeesian Effect: The Movie by youtube user jordanowen42 has received Bitcoin(first time I found out about this!) from youtube user andreashuber69 using "$4.0 +ChangeTip".

From the videos comment field on Aug 23, 2014:
Code:
andreashuber69 ___ $4.0 +ChangeTip
ChangeTip ___ +jordanowen42, +andreashuber69 sent you a Bitcoin tip worth 8.090 mBTC ($4.00), and I'm here to deliver it ➔ https://www.changetip.com/collect/36228
jordanowen42 ___ Thanks!

Some other commenters like Leonard Samuels also on Aug 23, 2014:
Code:
Leonard Samuels ___ Dont forget Bitcoin/other cryptos as alternative donation streams.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:43:24 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 12:15:06 PM by tjohej

What do you think about these 2 personalities on youtube? Credible or fraud? Neither or you are neutral?

"Jordan Owen 42 here."
and
Davis M.J. Aurini

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:34:27 PM

Somebody who post in the thread Anita Sarkeesian - Feminist Frequency should consider not posting offtopic posts there, but post ontopic posts here. What do you think about these 2 personalities?

That's Jordan Owen and Davis M.J. Aurini. Are they fraud?
Sourced from the website
Quote from: about Jordan Owen at http://www.patreon.com/thesarkeesianeffect
Jordan Owen is a writer, musician, and blogger.  As a self-identified Left Libertarian he speaks regularly on matters relating to personal liberty, the arts, and various cultural interests.  

His first novel, Eros Empire, was published in 2012 by BearManor Fiction and his band Leaving Babylon released it's debut in 2014.  He is the creator and operator of www.youtube.com/jordanowen42.  He is a graduate of the Berklee College of Music and currently resides in Atlanta, GA.

Quote from: About Davis Aurini at http://www.patreon.com/thesarkeesianeffect
Davis Aurini was born and raised in Hamilton, Onatrio before moving to Airdrie, Alberta in the late-eighties.  After High School he travelled back and forth across the country, spent seven years serving as an infantry soldier in Canada's military reserve, and studied History at McMaster University.

He currently lives in Calgary and contributes to the Alternative Right blogosphere at www.staresattheworld.com.  His first novel, As I Walk These Broken Roads, is now available.

But instead of ranting that whomever x person might be a fraud it's good if you also explain the reasons. Nobody is going to take you seriously if you behave in such an immature way and the Bitcoin community will have a long way to go, until we can expand.(the message has come out, most people today know about Bitcoin, but will we just be an old conservative Bitcoin community or are we going to take on new challenges?)

That nobody posted here I see as a sign that the thread about Anita Sarkeesian got attacked by trolls and only trolls. Something towards the end of the thread points to something that looks more like an argument so the thread is going in the right direction.

This thread is about what you think about The Sarkeesian Effect. Are they fraud in your eyes? Is anybody who is getting involved with things that Sarkeesian has worked on being a "fraud"? Also it's good not to post nonsense on threads where you know consciously that you are posting offtopic. That's why this thread exists so you can actually post ontopic. I don't say rants belong here but I would say that telling your opinion what you think about these people and their project might be useful.

If you noticed, in my first post I mentioned somebody/something that donated Bitcoin to Jordan Owen 42, and I was surprised there's no reference on Bitcointalk about it. Anybody know anything?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: