Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:28:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IBM sees the future of communication to be in blockchain technology  (Read 1586 times)
Summer,69 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:31:54 PM

IBM, one of the leaders in the upcoming ‘Internet of Things’ era where most devices of everyday use would be connected to a cloud, and be able to communicate with one another, sees the future of this communication in blockchain technology, first used in Bitcoin. IBM has invested significant resources into the internet of things paradigm, and sees the blockchain technology solving some core issues, helping the ideas go more mainstream.

http://www.coinsetter.com/bitcoin-news/2014/09/04/ibm-sees-bitcoin-blockchain-technology-in-internet-of-things-1461
allintwo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:42:59 PM

Great news, IBM interest could attract other big companies in the crypto currencies world.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:18:14 PM

Great news, IBM interest could attract other big companies in the crypto currencies world.

like the UK GCHQ/police force

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
RussiaCoinDotInfo

Activity: 325
Merit: 251

Any ideas?

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:31:21 PM

This would definitely give any coin a boost to its profile, will keep an eye out for latest developments.

Exchanges: (1) (your exchange here) | Nodes: ... | Web: RussiaCoin.Info Explorer: (1) explorer.russiacoin.info ... | Twitter: @RussiaCoin | DISCORD | Facebook | RussiaCoin Forum | BCT: RussiaCoin on BCT |  RC Given Away: 6 in every 1,000 | GITHUB.COM ~~~  | Market Caps: ... WWW.TALKIMG.COM | Image hosting for BitcoinTalk | Official Topic
MajidBC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:00:34 PM

IBM, one of the leaders in the upcoming ‘Internet of Things’ era where most devices of everyday use would be connected to a cloud, and be able to communicate with one another, sees the future of this communication in blockchain technology, first used in Bitcoin. IBM has invested significant resources into the internet of things paradigm, and sees the blockchain technology solving some core issues, helping the ideas go more mainstream.

http://www.coinsetter.com/bitcoin-news/2014/09/04/ibm-sees-bitcoin-blockchain-technology-in-internet-of-things-1461
That's really big news. Such a big company like IBM uses a technology used by bitcoin would promote bitcoin in a great way.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:11:57 PM

these Tech and Mobile companies have enormous cash reserves, if they where to start competing

on Crypto/Bitcoin investment spending the results would be good, the next biggest tech company

eg life after Samsung could emerge from these type of investments,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
btcforall777

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:36:52 PM

What is suprising is that there is all of this very positive news on BTC everyday, huge things and it just sits there or slips.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:47:18 PM

This is great news! With IBM being such a big company it could help other big companies to want to come on board if they see that others are able to use this and make good use of it. Really hoping to see more development on this and it's not another that slips through the net and we don't hear any more about it.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:55:00 PM

What is suprising is that there is all of this very positive news on BTC everyday, huge things and it just sits there or slips.

thats because IBM is not 'buying in' they are not throwing millions in fiat at bitcoin exchanges,. what they are doing though is looking at the technology for the analytical side as they have their fingers deep inside the pockets of law enforcement and surveillance.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:05:34 PM

I can't get over the price of Bitcoin right now it honestly doesn't make any sense to me either.  It's like all the speculators left and sold majority of their coins.  At this moment the price should be going up gradually not fluctuating up and down, instead we have what I'd consider to be a low valuation for a single Bitcoin.  

Honestly everyday I feel like their is news that would have boosted the price up a year ago and now nothing.  For example this IBM/other recent news would have been talked about and would've far more appreciated then today.  
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:28:23 PM

I can't get over the price of Bitcoin right now it honestly doesn't make any sense to me either.  It's like all the speculators left and sold majority of their coins.  At this moment the price should be going up gradually not fluctuating up and down, instead we have what I'd consider to be a low valuation for a single Bitcoin.  

Honestly everyday I feel like their is news that would have boosted the price up a year ago and now nothing.  For example this IBM/other recent news would have been talked about and would've far more appreciated then today.  

american exchanges are prepping for the financial year end. which is end of september. then just like last year after the first week of october, people are buying in again as its a fresh financial year.

put it this way if you have a $10k tax free allowance before income /capital gains kicks in. then if you bought $10k last october and made it into $20k this year. withdrawing it all today would show only $10k profit. thus 0 tax.

then on october 2nd. if you put that $20k back in and made it into $30k this time next year, again it only shows as $10k profit. meaning again, no tax

pre-empting rebuttle
(if the tax threshold is wrong then dont even try knitpicking the tax free allowance threshold as its meant to be example not taken literally)

by the way, the price this time last year was only $100, so dont complain about todays price that much, just look forward to the price from october onwards

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:27:05 PM

american exchanges are prepping for the financial year end. which is end of september. then just like last year after the first week of october, people are buying in again as its a fresh financial year.

put it this way if you have a $10k tax free allowance before income /capital gains kicks in. then if you bought $10k last october and made it into $20k this year. withdrawing it all today would show only $10k profit. thus 0 tax.

then on october 2nd. if you put that $20k back in and made it into $30k this time next year, again it only shows as $10k profit. meaning again, no tax

pre-empting rebuttle
(if the tax threshold is wrong then dont even try knitpicking the tax free allowance threshold as its meant to be example not taken literally)

by the way, the price this time last year was only $100, so dont complain about todays price that much, just look forward to the price from october onwards

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  I have to admit I was not aware of any of the financial year end. But it does make sense to me, I'll have to educate myself on this topic further.  If there is financial incentive to take money out then that would explain a lot.  In regards to the price and to the confusion I was having trying to apply logic to the current market price of BTC. 

If I didn't know that I can only imagine what else I'm not taking into consideration.  I'm not really fixated on the price and I actually enjoy seeing low in many ways.  I just like it when I feel I have an understanding of how i think the price is being valued.  Lately it's been very hard to do so, to say the least.

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:07:20 PM

Thanks for posting this.. here's a related video from Nov 2013 with IBM architect Richard Brown talking crypto and IoT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gERNbqUNMm4 
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:14:04 AM

wow
actually blockchain technology is a really important feature and with lots of possible uses
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:25:19 AM

Thanks for posting this.. here's a related video from Nov 2013 with IBM architect Richard Brown talking crypto and IoT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gERNbqUNMm4 

nice possible future moto for bitcoin

"on the blockchain, no-one knows your a fridge"

CryptoDomains

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:35:49 AM

What exactly will I benefit from with this Internet of Things?

Do I want my light bulb on the internet or my car?

My internet decides not to work sometimes, does that mean my car or light won't turn on sometimes?

Can someone hack my light bulb or my car even?

Honestly this is a huge fantasy land of nonsense and a way to get more money out of us, period for crap we do not need.

Don't get me wrong, some of it in terms of medical and practical life saving services are appreciated but over all...ugh. We cannot even get a a computer to easily have voice recognition and type for us.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:40:19 AM

when your carton of milk is empty. you scan the barcode using a reader on the fridge and the fridge then makes an order to get more milk delivered, using the bitcoins you deposited into the bitcoin address for the fridge.  you fridge is then in full control of selecting the goods on the foodstores website, and paying them.
that way you dont have to even order food/drink . you just scan barcodes and wait for the delivery driver to turn up.

CryptoDomains

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:43:58 AM

when your carton of milk is empty. you scan the barcode using a reader on the fridge and the fridge then makes an order to get more milk delivered, using the bitcoins you deposited into the bitcoin address for the fridge.  you fridge is then in full control of selecting the goods on the foodstores website, and paying them.
that way you dont have to even order food/drink . you just scan barcodes and wait for the delivery driver to turn up.

Great, what will that cost LOL

Again, cool but no thanks, costly and a fad imo. Good old fashion move your ass comes to mind.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:44:08 AM

A global leader like IBM is recognizing BTC... It's a huge plus Cool Cool

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:58:49 AM

Great, what will that cost LOL

Again, cool but no thanks, costly and a fad imo. Good old fashion move your ass comes to mind.

smart fridges have been available for years already. and upgrading them from just connecting to a website that ready has your credit card details stored, to a service that accepts bitcoin is a simple software update not really new or sophisticated. as for the old move your ass comment. i kinda agree, but then again back in the day when kids use to walk to school even when its snowing or raining, and now kids get snow days even when their parents drive 4x4 cars.. you gotta ask yourself will people move their ass if they are offered a simple solution

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: