Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:55:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Bitcoin Meetup  (Read 1812 times)
xiaomei (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 10:44:49 PM

www.meetup.com/The-Chicago-Bitcoin-Meetup
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 11:26:31 PM

Why am I now just seeing this? I could have easily attended this.

~Bruno~
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 02:04:51 AM

OK, I finally made a meetup account...

I'll be reaching out to see how I can assist this group... from Cleveland.

We'll see if my wife let's me start a meetup group in Cleveland, haha.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 02:35:43 AM

My feels are so hurt that I wasn't invited to this meetup in Chicago. How can this group not invite Da Bitcoin Guy?

~Bruno~  Cry
xiaomei (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:36:00 AM

Bruno, we will host another meetup in a couple of weeks.  Make sure you join the meetup so you are notified of the date.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 04:21:08 AM

I will be in Chicago if you want to do a lunch session around 1pm, I may be able to come if I can convince my wife & friends to go!

They live in Lincoln Park.  Where do you plan to meetup?

Fold for spending BTCs

xiaomei (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:24:54 AM

kjlimo, our next meetup will be on May 1st. The details are in the link in the opening post.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 03:34:31 AM

kjlimo, our next meetup will be on May 1st. The details are in the link in the opening post.

I saw that, but thanks for the reply.  I neglected to mention that I will be in Chicago on May 12.

Would that be too soon for another meetup?

Fold for spending BTCs

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 06:57:39 AM

I saw that, but thanks for the reply.  I neglected to mention that I will be in Chicago on May 12.

Would that be too soon for another meetup?

I'm thinking of a special kind of meetup, where we dine at the first Chicago restaurant that accepts Bitcoin. This will happen by the 12th, for I am Da Bitcoin Guy. (besides, I know the owner)

~Bruno~
xiaomei (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:48:29 PM

Holding a meetup at a restaurant that accepts BTC is a great idea.  What restaurant would this be and when could we hold this?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:23:45 PM

Holding a meetup at a restaurant that accepts BTC is a great idea.  What restaurant would this be and when could we hold this?

Forgive me for not divulging the name(s) of the restaurant, for the deal's not yet locked in Yap-stone. There are three restaurants involved, owned by more than one owner (partners). One is located a couple blocks from Wrigley Field, another about a block from Holy Name Cathedral, and the new place in Bucktown, just off the Kennedy. I know one of the owners, and he's keen on the idea. I feel that May 12, would be an excellent date, therefore we can accommodate kjlimo with his wife and friends. I believe I can even get Chicago Cabbie to attend, so if anybody needs a ride then...

~Bruno~
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:28:35 PM

Forgive me for not divulging the name(s) of the restaurant, for the deal's not yet locked in Yap-stone. There are three restaurants involved, owned by more than one owner (partners). One is located a couple blocks from Wrigley Field, another about a block from Holy Name Cathedral, and the new place in Bucktown, just off the Kennedy. I know one of the owners, and he's keen on the idea. I feel that May 12, would be an excellent date, therefore we can accommodate kjlimo with his wife and friends. I believe I can even get Chicago Cabbie to attend, so if anybody needs a ride then...

~Bruno~

Mind posting some more clear info on how to get ahold of Chicago Cabbie?  do they accept bitcoin already?  I could try to convince my crew to use Chicago Cabbie to meet up.

Fold for spending BTCs

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:32:47 PM

~Bruno~

Mind posting some more clear info on how to get ahold of Chicago Cabbie?  do they accept bitcoin already?  I could try to convince my crew to use Chicago Cabbie to meet up.

Gulp! He's not fully on board yet until I get to Chicago next week and present him a gift I promised him for joining this forum. And if you call me Bruno Wright, I'm not buying you a beer.  Grin

~Bruno~
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 02:22:08 AM

~Bruno~

Gulp! He's not fully on board yet until I get to Chicago next week and present him a gift I promised him for joining this forum. And if you call me Bruno Wright, I'm not buying you a beer.  Grin

~Bruno~

Haha, ok.  How would you like to be addressed Cackling Bear?

Fold for spending BTCs

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 02:34:31 AM

watching
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 06:18:29 PM

~Bruno~

~Bruno~

Haha, ok.  How would you like to be addressed Cackling Bear?

You can call me anything you're comfortable with. Examples: Phinnaeus Gage; Phin; Bruno; Cackling Bear; Bear; Mr. Gage; Bernice, albeit Mr. Gage may be too formal.  Grin

~Bruno~
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 02:38:35 AM

So Bruno, are we close enough to Saturday to start discussing a meeting place publicly?  I think there's a 50% chance that I'll be able to make it.  However, if I know where we're going, I can start planting seeds with some friends to make it happen.

Also, how have the Chicago meetup's been going?  Any chicago restaurants accepting bitcoin yet?

I know I haven't had anyone bite at the idea yet...

Fold for spending BTCs

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 03:32:23 AM

So Bruno, are we close enough to Saturday to start discussing a meeting place publicly?  I think there's a 50% chance that I'll be able to make it.  However, if I know where we're going, I can start planting seeds with some friends to make it happen.

Also, how have the Chicago meetup's been going?  Any chicago restaurants accepting bitcoin yet?

I know I haven't had anyone bite at the idea yet...

Holy Shit! That's next week. I was  thinking about this on the way back from my two trip into Indiana, formulating a trip to Chicago to start getting this on the fast track, but somehow thought I had two weeks to accomplish the feat. I've been swamped the past couple of weeks, juggling a myriad of RL/RW projects, coupled with Bitcoin related activities and this forum. I'm staring at Chicago Cabbie's custom wallet that needs to be presented to him and get him fully on board, as well. I would need to dedicate at least a full day in Chicago to get all that needs to be done, done. The one thing I did do was purchase a smartphone, thus now enabling me to properly demonstrate Bitcoin to perspective owners, and for use at the meetup.

To be continued...

~Bruno~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: