Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Idea/Feedback] Rebates in Bitcoin  (Read 614 times)
spend4bitcoins (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 10:57:35 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2012, 01:45:25 AM by spend4bitcoins

.....correcting... title and subject.. .. maybe this is a better way Rebates from merchants in Bitcoin ?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 11:10:22 PM

Hmm, reward programs applied to bitcoins?

I believe traditional point rewards programs working like this can make big $$$ on this (and merchant can advertise with them by offering cashbacks). Overall, I suppose the multi-merchants tracking system, getting paid by them and then paying members might be quite a task to plan and deploy.

Still, a nice idea for bitcoins. Might even get new people interested in bitcoins. If you grow bigger, getting better deals from merchants should be possible and leave you more margins to make actual profit directly.
spend4bitcoins (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 11:13:26 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2012, 01:49:37 AM by spend4bitcoins

Hmm, reward programs applied to bitcoins?

I believe traditional point rewards programs working like this can make big $$$ on this (and merchant can advertise with them by offering cashbacks). Overall, I suppose the multi-merchants tracking system, getting paid by them and then paying members might be quite a task to plan and deploy.

Still, a nice idea for bitcoins. Might even get new people interested in bitcoins. If you grow bigger, getting better deals from merchants should be possible and leave you more margins to make actual profit directly.

Thanks, yes I had originally thought of what you are mentioning there ( I erase what I put up top because I realized the affiliate tracking doesn't payout till like 30 days or so .. and revoked like you mentioned below)  I believe what I was told is the merchants don't want to hassle of being in charge of bitcoins or something last time I mentioned this ... but the exposure is the biggest thing this offers ...its the biggest bitcoin exposure idea I've seen so far... let me think more about what you said there.
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 12:08:37 AM

Usually for long term tracked payments (if they can be revoked - eg: user cancel suscription before 1 month) you can either delay rewards or if reward is immediate and final (but your earnings are paid on the first of each month, for example) you could get it out of your own pocket/have extra funds available.

A membership portal with various merchants available with variable cashback per $ spent or per completed offer would be great.

There are also the "earn free reward" networks with extensive API which offer various offers like surveys or subscriptions (the kind power free facebook credits, free Kreds on Kongregate's gaming portal, free gold, coins or any website's currency. Those could also be applied to reward members but with bitcoin rewards that can be cashed out.

Usually the more merchants/free rewards/ads provider can be included/offered, the better (may require implementing many external API as well as a in-house one for direct advertising merchants). It would require a members portal in any case however.
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 12:10:50 AM

I'm interested!

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
spend4bitcoins (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 01:45:06 AM

Usually for long term tracked payments (if they can be revoked - eg: user cancel suscription before 1 month) you can either delay rewards or if reward is immediate and final (but your earnings are paid on the first of each month, for example) you could get it out of your own pocket/have extra funds available.

A membership portal with various merchants available with variable cashback per $ spent or per completed offer would be great.

There are also the "earn free reward" networks with extensive API which offer various offers like surveys or subscriptions (the kind power free facebook credits, free Kreds on Kongregate's gaming portal, free gold, coins or any website's currency. Those could also be applied to reward members but with bitcoin rewards that can be cashed out.

Usually the more merchants/free rewards/ads provider can be included/offered, the better (may require implementing many external API as well as a in-house one for direct advertising merchants). It would require a members portal in any case however.

You are really helping me sort this out I appreciate it. What I might do is reach out to some handpicked vendors i.e Coinabul below  vs. just going with some API/affiliate system . I can find some online shops and see what they say. I really want this to be clean and straight forward none of the survey/offers to fill out just rebates for bitcoins.   I just got some ideas how to do this working it out now.  Grin
spend4bitcoins (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 01:45:43 AM

I'm interested!

I'll get in touch with you once I work this out here!  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: