Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:23:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im getting free BTCs mined to my wallet - WTF???  (Read 3746 times)
dankkk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:15:45 AM

no he may be telling the truth.  I received 0.00001
from here  on Sept 4th  I do not know why.

https://blockchain.info/address/1LaxoTrQy51LnB289VmoSAgN6J6UrJbfL9

I am one of many in this transaction.

https://blockchain.info/tx/1a599d230ae08259e257db0e7fea65d7fb1a2b1d2d4d93f158db8227a529309c

And I am not complaining

I received a very similar transaction to my address on my profile. I have only posted the address in one place (on the thread to sign up for the signature campaign I am in). It is also the BTC address on my forum profile, however it has not received any other payments.

My address is: 189ZeVvKf9rd9mEgJxUwLU7FcEjqsxDA64

The TX that I received the payment from is: 6ad7496bb01e3b513be40118057c971273606acd5dc74e85b7e2d4c492998001

There is a blockchain public note saying laxotrade.com and there are both an input and an output with an address tagged with laxotrade on blockchain.info (the same as in your case).
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 01:18:21 AM

address or i call bullshit
Private key or I call bullshit  Grin

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:17:43 AM

After looking at some of the addresses that .0001btc was sent to. this address caught my eye 1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr I wonder how long it took them and how much hashing power to get that bitcoinaddress? especially with the capital C and the rest of the name lower case? when I try for a vanity, im glad just to get it, no matter if its upper or lower.. that took a long time and/or a lot of resources.

By the way, got another free coin... this time it was 100x bigger.. keep em coming.... its like christmas..
gatra

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 03:37:35 AM

After looking at some of the addresses that .0001btc was sent to. this address caught my eye 1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr I wonder how long it took them and how much hashing power to get that bitcoinaddress? especially with the capital C and the rest of the name lower case? when I try for a vanity, im glad just to get it, no matter if its upper or lower.. that took a long time and/or a lot of resources.

By the way, got another free coin... this time it was 100x bigger.. keep em coming.... its like christmas..

1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr is the burn address for counterparty (it's like an altcoin on top of the btc blockchain), not a vanity address. Nobody knows it's private key, at least that's what they claim, no one is supposed to... it would be a very clever and elaborated scam if they had it.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:53:40 AM

1LaxoTrQy51LnB289VmoSAgN6J6UrJbfL9 (Laxo Trade ) (0.32033 BTC - Output)

Hm, yes, advertisement methinks.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
forzendiablo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:08:21 PM

so seems im not the only one getting free coins.

sad part is i never get tips on the forum even tho i make decent posts Smiley

yolo
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:22:42 PM

Maybe someone is mining to your address as a tip?

Anyway, the people that are talking about the advertizing transactions, those aren't the same as someone mining to your address.  I've gotten those 1ENJOY ones before, but I've never had someone mine btc to an address I owned.  Frankly, I find this a little suspicious, if enchanting.
Cranky4u

Activity: 810

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 10:41:18 PM

If you feel guilty keeping the coins, feel free to unburden yourself by forwarding all of the devil's spawn to the following wallet were they will be cleansed for their perplexing behaviour towards you.
addy16swu1exMoBr469xG4g3tvNk438yfP3c9a

MemCiD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:42:24 PM

I got 3 BTC randomly from no where once.. I was so surprised lol
onezerobit

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:29:26 AM

Lucky duck.....is all i can say now.

www.1zerobit.com - Don't just sit there, go trade
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8420

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:34:49 AM

but who doesn't like free money, right? Of course you're going to pay attention to it.
It's not good news at all-- It's less than a half cent in value, you'll use about that much or more in marginal transaction fees just to include that input. The value to you is basically zero.  At the same time spending the dust will cause your wallet to interlink addresses, lowering your privacy.  Plus, on top of that, these transactions increase the size of the blockchain on disk and slow down the synchronization time-- making Bitcoin slightly less usable to everyone.

And all this to promote a ponzi scheme. Great.

If you're using bitcoin-qt you can use this to sweep away the dust in an efficient way that also helps gum up stupid 'taint' analysis by effectively coinjoining it off. https://github.com/petertodd/dust-b-gone
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:29:30 AM

I can't tell which claims to believe or repond to.  Some are talking about gifts of integer btc?!  Others seem to be referring to dusts and spam.  Multiple stories conflated in this thread, I think.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:33:52 PM

I'm sure its probably not malicious... but someone could be mixing their coins in with yours to see where they end up.
Kind of what those people where trying to try and track down the eleventy $$$$$$$ stolen sheep funds from aggeees away.

Hmmm  I wonder what ever happened with that.

I wouldn't worry... Happy spending Smiley

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:46:25 PM

If it's all exact amounts 0.01, 1, 0.0001 etc. it is unlikely to be from mining directly. The pools I use(d) let you specify an exact amount, 0.01 for example, but when it comes to paying out there's always some extra like 0.0101046.

For the txs coming from the Laxo address, it's not malicious if you consider advertising a ponzi scheme to be non-malicious. If you're complaining about dust clogging up the wallet, well that's what you get from making your address public.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
griffga

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:07:48 AM

Dude, you're getting free money. Consider it a great gift and go use it the best that you can! Smiley
forzendiablo (OP)
Legendary

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:02:57 AM

Dude, you're getting free money. Consider it a great gift and go use it the best that you can! Smiley

yep im doing it but i feel shame i get none of tips here =]]]]]]]]

yolo
hayabusa911

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:27:31 PM

Why can't things like this happen to me!? A screen shot would be cool. How many transactions so far?
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:00:19 PM

yep im doing it but i feel shame i get none of tips here =]]]]]]]]

How do you know they aren't tips?
forzendiablo (OP)
Legendary

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:29:56 AM

sadly to all those greedy people here.. this has stopped already Sad

yolo
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:42:53 AM

I wish I was lucky like you in this case

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███