Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im getting free BTCs mined to my wallet - WTF???  (Read 3746 times)
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:52:04 PM

I see posts like this from time to time, I was just wondering as a friend of mine noticed a few satoshi's going in, He thought it was free but I noticed his balance did not go up across all the addresses he had generated in that client, Can you confirm your actual total balance has gone up?

I was thinking it was to do with these "mixers" that are popping online, But even they cant just take coins out and replace them from a different source, It does not work like that.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 01:24:38 PM

I see posts like this from time to time, I was just wondering as a friend of mine noticed a few satoshi's going in, He thought it was free but I noticed his balance did not go up across all the addresses he had generated in that client, Can you confirm your actual total balance has gone up?

I was thinking it was to do with these "mixers" that are popping online, But even they cant just take coins out and replace them from a different source, It does not work like that.

The satoshi junk is just spammers who want you to look up the transaction on a blockchain explorer site and see their name tagged on the address. Other theories are that the dusters are trying to get you to use the satoshis as a way of tracking addresses.

Your balance can go up without any address you see in the user interface being paid. Bitcoin wallets have other addresses not shown to you, that are used for change. These can be discovered from past blockchain transactions, and people can send junk payments to them also.
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 07:11:20 AM

I received a piece of that, to the address I used in the #bitcoin-otc authentication process on IRC.

=squeak=

dankkk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:55:28 PM

Yes your balance in your wallet will actually go up, however it will be by a very small amount (less then a dollar). The kind of blockchain spam that you are referring to does not ever actually confirm while the spam in question has been confirming.
lion king

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:40:16 AM

Ok im here since long time but this is the strangest thing. For starters i do NOT have any sha256 miner right now.

For some reason since 48h im getting BTCs showing up in my wallet with status "mined". Its not full blocks like 25-50 BTCs but some random numbers between 0,1-1BTC not regurarly.

What is that? The coin are fully verified and working but how the hell am i getting them?

give me some, you are already in danger.  Grin
forzendiablo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:33:32 AM

yes they got conmfirmed BUT i stil let some spare coins [really small] that wont confirm ie 0,00001 etc.

so somebody is doing tests on soe madresses and im one ofthem ?

yolo
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: