Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to accept donations to a UK bank account, from a cyber cafe in Asia?  (Read 1058 times)
Fog Fence (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:28:19 AM

Hi,

I searched and couldn't find a specific answer. I'm too busy researching grassroots technology to follow the BTC community in depth. I'm working with some talented writers, and we hope to release a lot of paradigm shifting information over the next few weeks. Forgotten medical research, suppressed/Nobel Prize winning cures for heart disease, low tech water filtration and much more. I've been helping promote BTC since 2011.

Could anyone could tell me:

What's most stable/trustworthy BTC merchant in the UK? I have a UK bank account and I'd like something I can use remotely from Asia

Security risks in this cybercafe are not huge. Keyloggers are unlikely. The cache gets wiped every time you switch off, and there's a fairly honest culture in this town.

I will empty the wallet every day, and be cautious. I'll move to paper wallets if I can.

Thanks if you can help...

Fog Fence

Here's a couple of articles:

https://medium.com/@Frodonomics2015/could-ten-million-suitcase-stalls-sort-out-half-the-worlds-problems-c003b8de7564

https://medium.com/@Frodonomics2015/5-businesses-for-women-a2f6417c7e03
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:23:55 AM

There's coinfloor or you could try bitcoinfridge.  What quantities are you expecting?
Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:23:46 AM

Thanks, I'll try both of them. I've watched a lot of exchanges go down, so I'm looking for something trustworthy.

Not really expecting huge amounts of donations. 
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 12:28:16 PM

If you think security risks at asian cyber-cafes is not huge, than I think you're misinformed my friend.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:49:23 AM

If you think security risks at Asian cyber-cafes is not huge, than I think you're misinformed my friend.

Where in Asia? Are you posting from a brothel in Cambodia or a sleepy backwater in Taiwan? It's a big place.

I've been out here 7 years, done tons of online banking, never had any problems. I'll be as careful as I can, use many different BTC addresses, split large payments, empty wallets 2-4 times a day, try and use a smartphone, get as close to paper wallets as I can, and do my best to follow high security protocols.

Thanks for the condescending advice.

RunAmok; I logged onto Coinfloor and it looks awesome. Easy to use, safe looking, and solid. Thanks for saving me hours of research.
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:22:01 PM

Security risks in this cybercafe are not huge. Keyloggers are unlikely. The cache gets wiped every time you switch off, and there's a fairly honest culture in this town.

I think this lax attitude could be a very dangerous one to have. Never underestimate people especially when you're using a computer you don't own. You never know what security measures the cybercafe has taken and whether they're employing them correctly or legitimately.
Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:58:31 AM

I think this lax attitude could be a very dangerous one to have. Never underestimate people especially when you're using a computer you don't own. You never know what security measures the cybercafe has taken and whether they're employing them correctly or legitimately.

I'll be as careful as I can then relax. The fact is, I wanted to buy some BItcoin when they were trading at 6USD a few years back. Because of security issues I didn't buy any. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I'll only be receiving money so I can't lose any savings.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:30:50 AM

What's most stable/trustworthy BTC merchant in the UK? I have a UK bank account and I'd like something I can use remotely from Asia

Use an exchange that it can withdrawn to OKpay ... and like UK account to OKpay.
Or skill ...
Or paypal ...

Virwox can do this.
But many others exchanges do this, too.
Moneyunmaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:18:33 PM

Just order users by trust in LocalBitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print