Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How could I sell something for Bitcoin today?  (Read 833 times)
jordant (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:41:24 PM

I know Open Bazaar is coming soon. But is there any way to sell something today for Bitcoin over the internet?

I'm likely getting a few OnePlus invites in a week or so. I would like to sell them for Bitcoin.

Assuming the buyer trusts me, he could simply send the payment to an address I specify. But it's unlikely someone would put that amount of trust into someone on a forum.

Since Open Bazaar is not out yet, is there any escrow service which would allow me to make the transaction as stated above?

Altminer79

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:01:11 PM

I know Open Bazaar is coming soon. But is there any way to sell something today for Bitcoin over the internet?

I'm likely getting a few OnePlus invites in a week or so. I would like to sell them for Bitcoin.

Assuming the buyer trusts me, he could simply send the payment to an address I specify. But it's unlikely someone would put that amount of trust into someone on a forum.

Since Open Bazaar is not out yet, is there any escrow service which would allow me to make the transaction as stated above?
First you have to build up the trust around the communities like this or there are many other money making/discussions forums which you could join and offer up your services for Bitcoin.
Bigbear8

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:14:22 PM

Like the guy above me said, trust is necessary in business. If you are new you will be bound to go first[you won't find MM always] and will suffer high risk of being scammed too.
Mightycoin

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:17:41 PM

Like the guy above me said, trust is necessary in business. If you are new you will be bound to go first[you won't find MM always] and will suffer high risk of being scammed too.
Newbies are treated more or less as scammers in many online communities like in the time they forget they were once a newbie as well.But while making deals with anyone just make sure they have got enough trusted threads or subscribed to membership,moreover use the middlemanship it would't take more than 2-5% of your total transaction.It's better than losing all the money or all your hard work
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:11:39 AM

Newbies should use a trusted member of the community as escrow if they are to trade with other untrusted members of the community. Just because someone is labeled as a newbie does not mean they actually are, nor does it mean they are a scammer, although the chances are very high. The opposite is true as well, just because someone has a senior, or a hero account (or a legendary account) does not mean they will not scam you if they do not have any trust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: