News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to do with the 11500 unclaimed CGA
Destroy All - 70 (88.6%)
Destroy 3/4 - 1 (1.3%)
Destroy None - 8 (10.1%)
Total Voters: 79

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CGA]Cryptographic Anomaly - Multipool is LIVE!  (Read 328869 times)
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:09:36 AM

--SNIP QUOTES--

And for the buying pressure, we need a few things:
1: the swap to finish
2: PR campaign using 1 billion hex as well, can't solely rely on the game even though Noble went underground when UK made their law decisions -- which were being ratified last I knew.
3: if no game, CGA needs merchants and more "something" to draw attention.
4: Possibly a buy up campaign? maybe offer a sale for half price for some of the undestroyed V2 premine as a bonus to THOSE PEOPLE ONLY buying cga off the exchanges, proven with screenshots and wallet messages? (I'd still like to see ~2000 destroyed, reminder... haha Tongue) then we could use that BTC for some buy support or other services or whatever. This way adopters of CGA will get 1.5x the amount of CGA for the prices at exchanges. True, they could sell, but if we start gaining steam here in the forum and with innovation or services, then why can't CGA reach those awesome prices of 100k-130k satoshis or even half, dissuading those 1.5x investors from selling for a long time.

I'm telling you... if cga is around for 1 billionhex.... that will create the moonshot. and I don't ever say "to the moon..." but from my diablo 2 experiences with people buying items with FGS (the forum based currency for diablo2, not an actual crypto), then absolutely cga will skyrocket. It alllllll depends on what items are associated with/represented by CGA. Since CGA is so rare, I assume CGA would be used for the rarest items in the game. If people own actual CGA outside of the game, they could pay for the item in CGA and trade in forums!!! This is why the game is so crucial.

I was told by Noble that CGA would be used for large purchases (planets, moons and such) but that might of changed, I have not talked to him for sometime. I have been thinking of selling penrose triangles made of wood (sanded, stained, finished, and of different types of wood).

In case you didn't know:

The reason I stepped back from CGA (but was never really gone) is because I had a lot of life events going on at once. I lost the time I had sitting here on the computer (partially because when I created CGA I was unemployed and now I am not), I moved twice, was the "best man" at my brothers wedding (which I had to help set up Tongue), and now I am 100 miles from home laying down custom hardwood floors in the mountains. I am here still and (as promised to a few members) will be the last one here if CGA ever dies.

SO, In a few weeks I might start making those penrose triangles. I have one already, made out of pine that was "reclaimed" from an old tobacco barn somewhere in the midwest (USA). Once I start making these I will sell them for 1 CGA each regardless of price.

Hmm... planets and moons.... real estate, heh! That's cool! Now I could picture buying platinum mines on asteroids.... and the entire asteroid! See if you can get an update from "someone who isn't him"... haha..  Wink Wink

No worries about what you had to do, just glad you came back. Thanks again! You saved our investments and minings. Don't be insulted by how I refer to you "moving" in quotes like that, I just knew there had to be more to the story, that's all. Cheesy

Triangles are a cool thing, too. +1

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
s4w3d0ff

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:00:35 AM

--SNIP QUOTES--

And for the buying pressure, we need a few things:
1: the swap to finish
2: PR campaign using 1 billion hex as well, can't solely rely on the game even though Noble went underground when UK made their law decisions -- which were being ratified last I knew.
3: if no game, CGA needs merchants and more "something" to draw attention.
4: Possibly a buy up campaign? maybe offer a sale for half price for some of the undestroyed V2 premine as a bonus to THOSE PEOPLE ONLY buying cga off the exchanges, proven with screenshots and wallet messages? (I'd still like to see ~2000 destroyed, reminder... haha Tongue) then we could use that BTC for some buy support or other services or whatever. This way adopters of CGA will get 1.5x the amount of CGA for the prices at exchanges. True, they could sell, but if we start gaining steam here in the forum and with innovation or services, then why can't CGA reach those awesome prices of 100k-130k satoshis or even half, dissuading those 1.5x investors from selling for a long time.

I'm telling you... if cga is around for 1 billionhex.... that will create the moonshot. and I don't ever say "to the moon..." but from my diablo 2 experiences with people buying items with FGS (the forum based currency for diablo2, not an actual crypto), then absolutely cga will skyrocket. It alllllll depends on what items are associated with/represented by CGA. Since CGA is so rare, I assume CGA would be used for the rarest items in the game. If people own actual CGA outside of the game, they could pay for the item in CGA and trade in forums!!! This is why the game is so crucial.

I was told by Noble that CGA would be used for large purchases (planets, moons and such) but that might of changed, I have not talked to him for sometime. I have been thinking of selling penrose triangles made of wood (sanded, stained, finished, and of different types of wood).

In case you didn't know:

The reason I stepped back from CGA (but was never really gone) is because I had a lot of life events going on at once. I lost the time I had sitting here on the computer (partially because when I created CGA I was unemployed and now I am not), I moved twice, was the "best man" at my brothers wedding (which I had to help set up Tongue), and now I am 100 miles from home laying down custom hardwood floors in the mountains. I am here still and (as promised to a few members) will be the last one here if CGA ever dies.

SO, In a few weeks I might start making those penrose triangles. I have one already, made out of pine that was "reclaimed" from an old tobacco barn somewhere in the midwest (USA). Once I start making these I will sell them for 1 CGA each regardless of price.

Hmm... planets and moons.... real estate, heh! That's cool! Now I could picture buying platinum mines on asteroids.... and the entire asteroid! See if you can get an update from "someone who isn't him"... haha..  Wink Wink

No worries about what you had to do, just glad you came back. Thanks again! You saved our investments and minings. Don't be insulted by how I refer to you "moving" in quotes like that, I just knew there had to be more to the story, that's all. Cheesy

Triangles are a cool thing, too. +1

Yes I have learned the ways of the forc..... forum and try to not to get angry or offended Tongue. It had been awhile and I am sure people were wondering, so I thought I would enlighten them so that the whispers would go away. Yes, I am still working with the new CGA devs. I am kinda here and there, a little bit here in BCT and a bit in IRC @freenode #CGAnomaly, but mostly I am at work swinging a hammer Tongue.

I am learning new languages in my spare time (mostly PHP and Python) and hope to bring forward an innovative new service for CGA. We will see how much time I can squeeze. Roll Eyes

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
Zuikkis

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:49:42 AM

Hi!

Thanks for extending the coin swap, I almost lost 280 CGA.. Smiley But now they are safe in my v2 wallet.

I mined v2 for a while, and noticed that the payout scheme is different than v1.. I looked into the source:

Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees, uint256 prevHash)
{
    if (nHeight <= 0 || prevHash == 0)
        return nFees;

if (nHeight == 1)
        return 105000 * COIN; // Premine for coin swap

CBigNum nMod = CBigNum(prevHash) % CBigNum(COIN);

int64 nSubsidy = 0;
    if (nMod < COIN/4)
        nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
    else
        nSubsidy = COIN - nMod.getint();

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

Why does it use prevHash%COIN? OP says it should be difficulty%COIN.. prevHash makes it pretty much the same as "random" reward coins like dogecoin, the reward is not dependent on difficulty.

difficulty%COIN would also be different from v1, it would give always 1CGA reward if difficulty is below 381..  (scrypt diff is *65536 in reality)

MrData

Activity: 290

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 06:08:29 AM

v2 was never intended to have the same algorithm or produce rewards in a formulaic relationship to difficulty other than as a seed to random number generation; v1's use of the floating point difficulty was part of why it had so many forking issues.

It should have used GetPoWHash() instead of GetBlockHash() though when calling GetBlockValue() (my fault on that), the PoW hash would have been the actual work/difficulty completed, but either way it was just a seed into the random number generator.

Hi!

Thanks for extending the coin swap, I almost lost 280 CGA.. Smiley But now they are safe in my v2 wallet.

I mined v2 for a while, and noticed that the payout scheme is different than v1.. I looked into the source:

Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees, uint256 prevHash)
{
    if (nHeight <= 0 || prevHash == 0)
        return nFees;

if (nHeight == 1)
        return 105000 * COIN; // Premine for coin swap

CBigNum nMod = CBigNum(prevHash) % CBigNum(COIN);

int64 nSubsidy = 0;
    if (nMod < COIN/4)
        nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
    else
        nSubsidy = COIN - nMod.getint();

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

Why does it use prevHash%COIN? OP says it should be difficulty%COIN.. prevHash makes it pretty much the same as "random" reward coins like dogecoin, the reward is not dependent on difficulty.

difficulty%COIN would also be different from v1, it would give always 1CGA reward if difficulty is below 381..  (scrypt diff is *65536 in reality)

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
DIEMcoin

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:31:56 AM

Gonna throw this out there guys...

Since CGA has such a small mining reward and it's not worth it to a lot of miners I was wondering what you guys thought about getting a multipool?

I feel like it might draw some miners away from mining the actual chain (which I'm not sure is a good thing) lowering the diff allowing miners that stick with it to be more profitable.  It would also add daily buy pressure to CGA. 

I think we found someone to do one for DIEM and I was thinking we might be able to strike a deal with the op for an extra coin.

No Promises yet but wanted to get a feel of what you guys thought.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:44:30 AM

Thanks for the getpeerinfo. Deleted the whole blockchain and am resyncing. Hopefully it works now.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:32:43 PM

Since CGA has such a small mining reward and it's not worth it to a lot of miners I was wondering what you guys thought about getting a multipool?

I feel like it might draw some miners away from mining the actual chain (which I'm not sure is a good thing) lowering the diff allowing miners that stick with it to be more profitable.  It would also add daily buy pressure to CGA. 

I think we found someone to do one for DIEM and I was thinking we might be able to strike a deal with the op for an extra coin.

Once the KNC titans are actually in the hands of customers, (shipped supposedly 9/23) then we may see a shift to cga from the small-time miners. I'd give it a week to feel out the hashrates. Otherwise, sure, why not!

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:13:14 PM

Once the KNC titans are actually in the hands of customers, (shipped supposedly 9/23) then we may see a shift to cga from the small-time miners. I'd give it a week to feel out the hashrates. Otherwise, sure, why not!

Also, if you feel you are able to make your own MP versus paying someone, I have an article with instructions on how to do it.

DIEMcoin

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:47:53 PM

Also, if you feel you are able to make your own MP versus paying someone, I have an article with instructions on how to do it.

I'm not capable  lol.  We found a guy for DIEM that charges .5 for setup and keeps 2% which is about as good a deal your going to find and maybe we can work out a deal since we have more then one coin interested.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:03:13 PM

I finally got p2pool working again! MrData helped me tremendously on IRC by figuring out what was going wrong protocol-wise, but there was still a little issue with hash target sizes which seems to be present in p2pool-rav itself for scrypt coins.. There are just a couple different files with a handful of differing lines, but it's enough to cause some trouble. Since it's working now I'll try to figure out what the important part is so I can commit it to https://github.com/CryptographicAnomaly/p2pool-rav, but it won't be before tomorrow. In the meantime, you're welcome at http://cga.p2p.0x0a.nl:6966/ Smiley (I've lowered the fee to 0.5%)!

p2p.0x0a.nl for all your Cryptographic Anomaly, Cypherfunks, FryCoin, GameCredits, Gulden, PenguinCoin, and TittieCoin p2pool nodes! Err.. I mean needs! .. Both.
DIEMcoin

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:04:24 PM

I finally got p2pool working again! MrData helped me tremendously on IRC by figuring out what was going wrong protocol-wise, but there was still a little issue with hash target sizes which seems to be present in p2pool-rav itself for scrypt coins.. There are just a couple different files with a handful of differing lines, but it's enough to cause some trouble. Since it's working now I'll try to figure out what the important part is so I can commit it to https://github.com/CryptographicAnomaly/p2pool-rav, but it won't be before tomorrow. In the meantime, you're welcome at http://cga.p2p.0x0a.nl:6966/ Smiley (I've lowered the fee to 0.5%)!
Is that V2?  Just want to make sure when i post to the OP

-Walt Disney
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:07:28 PM

Yes sir! I've killed the V1 pool a while ago  Smiley

p2p.0x0a.nl for all your Cryptographic Anomaly, Cypherfunks, FryCoin, GameCredits, Gulden, PenguinCoin, and TittieCoin p2pool nodes! Err.. I mean needs! .. Both.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:54:58 PM

I'm not capable  lol.  We found a guy for DIEM that charges .5 for setup and keeps 2% which is about as good a deal your going to find and maybe we can work out a deal since we have more then one coin interested.

yep, not worth trying to make your own then. Smiley

CGAnomaly (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:51:18 AM

Yes sir! I've killed the V1 pool a while ago  Smiley
Added you to the OP
DIEMcoin

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:28:34 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 02:41:29 AM by DIEMcoin

Ok guys,

I heard back from the MP op and he said we would do 2 coins for .9 or 3 for 1.2.  I'm fundraising to get a DIEM MP and we will get it!  So it comes down to do we want one for CGA?  I'm offering DIEM a 100 XMRoshi valuation for donations toward the MP and I think we have enough unclaimed CGA to do a similar deal with here.

What do you guys think?  I'm all for it myself but at the end of the day I'm just 1 vote.

Here's the pool he set up for QBK so you can get an idea of what were looking at:  http://thepool.pw/QBK/

-Walt Disney
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:14:44 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 05:55:42 AM by Halofire

.45btc or 7500 CGA? way too much CGA, better off raising btc funds and holding the CGA, given the price it is expected to hit. The current 6k satoshi is an understatement. That's also 7% of all the CGA in existence. Also, could be better to keep that much CGA off the market for as long as possible.

If the deal is different because of: "I'm offering DIEM a 100 XMRoshi valuation for donations" for DIEM,
can you explain this better, and on the CGA side? I have a lot going on currently and this confuses me a lil bit. Sorry!

DIEMcoin

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:27:28 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 04:11:12 PM by DIEMcoin

.45btc or 7500 CGA? way too much CGA, better off raising btc funds and holding the CGA, given the price it is expected to hit. The current 6k satoshi is an understatement. That's also 7% of all the CGA in existence. Also, could be better to keep that much CGA off the market for as long as possible.

If the deal is different because of: "I'm offering DIEM a 100 XMRoshi valuation for donations" for DIEM,
can you explain this better, and on the CGA side? I have a lot going on currently and this confuses me a lil bit. Sorry!

To raise funds for the MP for DIEM I'm basically selling part of the unclaimed fund for that coin.  AT a 100 XMRoshi valuation since that's the price it's been hovering around for the past few days.

Or is the XMRoshi not making sense...  0.00000100 XMR

Also I think your right.  CGA is to low do do a similar sale.

-Walt Disney
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:47:46 PM

To raise funds for the MP for DIEM I'm basically selling part of the unclaimed fund for that coin.  AT a 100 XMRoshi valuation since that's the price it's been hovering around for the past few days.

I knew what XMRoshi was, hehe. So you're offering 1 DIEM for 100 XMRoshi?

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:28:44 PM

V1: 0 pooled tx, been checking periodically. will mine a block to catch the chain up.

DIEMcoin

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:46:16 PM

I knew what XMRoshi was, hehe. So you're offering 1 DIEM for 100 XMRoshi?

Just making sure   Wink

I can make the same offer to CGA people.  We have LOTS of DIEM!  150mil DIEM = .5btc at 100 XMRoshi give or take

-Walt Disney
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: