Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:37:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to destroy Monero (XMR)?  (Read 10397 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:40:46 AM

I'm now at peace with the fact that people will be trying to destroy Monero forever, I can't see the hate ever going away.

There will always be someone who has picked up some cheap fat stack of some coin and they will always do whatever they must to make their coin and voice heard. These people will always attack Monero because Monero sucks legitimate money from the alt coin space, the trolls will always want that legitimate money for themselves.

All I see, is every Monero hater being some cheap coin fat stacker, and now I understand why Monero is under constant attack. Monero is fair, and many people here do not want fair, because fair doesn't allow them to pump their fat stack.

Long live Monero.

Can you drop the "I am a victim, they are jealous of me" koolaid? Next you will say they hate you for your freedoms  Roll Eyes

To trace back the decline in the interest of XMR and the now ever rising hatefest, one just needs to see how bad the shilling has been. You were yourself arguing with Evan Duffeld the day of the attack about how superior Monero is to Darkcoin in their own thread. My guess is you will no longer be going to that thread. There are other bad examples like this all over the place.

I am actually afraid people are not taking CN as seriously as they should be (and not Monero) because of this excessiveness.

People are losing interest? I don't think so.

Also the tech in Monero is still far superior to Darkcoin, a bug doesn't change that. (Unless the bug is permanent and cannot be removed)

vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:45:11 AM

I'm now at peace with the fact that people will be trying to destroy Monero forever, I can't see the hate ever going away.

There will always be someone who has picked up some cheap fat stack of some coin and they will always do whatever they must to make their coin and voice heard. These people will always attack Monero because Monero sucks legitimate money from the alt coin space, the trolls will always want that legitimate money for themselves.

All I see, is every Monero hater being some cheap coin fat stacker, and now I understand why Monero is under constant attack. Monero is fair, and many people here do not want fair, because fair doesn't allow them to pump their fat stack.

Long live Monero.

Can you drop the "I am a victim, they are jealous of me" koolaid? Next you will say they hate you for your freedoms  Roll Eyes

To trace back the decline in the interest of XMR and the now ever rising hatefest, one just needs to see how bad the shilling has been. You were yourself arguing with Evan Duffeld the day of the attack about how superior Monero is to Darkcoin in their own thread. My guess is you will no longer be going to that thread. There are other bad examples like this all over the place.

I am actually afraid people are not taking CN as seriously as they should be (and not Monero) because of this excessiveness.

Decline of interest? I don't see that at all. There seems to me to be an increase in polarization. Market cap does not seem to be suffering.
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:44:37 PM

Anything that is technically vulnerable will be attacked sooner or later. This is not a 'proof' of Monero validity (as it seems from some comments here that assume: attacked, therefore feared, therefore good). On the contrary, if anything, it is a proof of the system fragility in the current state.

Fortune cannot take away what she has not given.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:27:29 PM

I just want to confirm I believe every day a bit less in XMR.
The noise level is just too high and anyway, the community seems totally immature and weak.

I also have several problems with the whole CN concept at its core but I suppose that's another business.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:44:47 PM

I just want to confirm I believe every day a bit less in XMR.
The noise level is just too high and anyway, the community seems totally immature and weak.

I also have several problems with the whole CN concept at its core but I suppose that's another business.

This looks like a troll post, because every sentence is a little bit wavering, and the profounding developments that Monero is going through at a breathtaking speed every week are twisted to the opposite.

So either you have no idea what's happening or you don't speak truthfully. Reader decide.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
MaxDZ8

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:51:07 PM

So either you have no idea what's happening or you don't speak truthfully. Reader decide.
I openly admit I have no idea what I'm talking about. Because I cannot honestly figure it out. It might not be a problem for you... I would consider it a problem!
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:59:29 PM

I openly admit I have no idea what I'm talking about. Because I cannot honestly figure it out. It might not be a problem for you... I would consider it a problem!

Here's a good read to get you started: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721045.msg8477489#msg8477489
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:26:02 PM

With all due respect, sir... your post history clearly reveals that you are a troll. But whatever. To each his own.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:26:23 PM

Anything that is technically vulnerable will be attacked sooner or later. This is not a 'proof' of Monero validity (as it seems from some comments here that assume: attacked, therefore feared, therefore good). On the contrary, if anything, it is a proof of the system fragility in the current state.

The attacks take effort, and there are a multitude of targets. Choosing one target over others implies some degree of perceived importance to the chosen target.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:20:12 PM

This isn't true, attacks require effort, and the attack that affected Monero could have instead been aimed at any other CryptoNote coin but this did not happen.

In fact the fact that only Monero was attacked proves that you are completely and utterly wrong.
MaxDZ8

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:41:42 PM

With all due respect, sir... your post history clearly reveals that you are a troll. But whatever. To each his own.
I also have low respect for you mr. dude with a tie.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:59:51 PM

This isn't true, attacks require effort, and the attack that affected Monero could have instead been aimed at any other CryptoNote coin but this did not happen.

In fact the fact that only Monero was attacked proves that you are completely and utterly wrong.

It proves nothing. Like smooth said, it does imply the attacker had some interest in hurting XMR.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:12:58 AM

They have no idea what they talk about and didn´t even understand the implications of that Whitepaper.

I guess they need some new ammo for their pump: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XST
Where are they going wrong? Stealthcoin that is.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:00:10 AM

Is it possible to destroy Monero (XMR)?

YES !

And you advertising nagging shills are doing it with your "signal to noise ratio" bullshit !

like mentally ill compulsive crazy bag holders who can't help themselves.. picking and picking..
this does not surprise me either..
user Come-From-Above posted a quote before showing the OP admitting here on the forum he was in a Mental Institution.
So really all this obsessive sick Monero harping and spamming sort of makes sense if you think about it..
their sick and they can't help it i think.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Cryptobro

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:25:33 AM

Is it possible to destroy Monero (XMR)?

YES !

And you advertising nagging shills are doing it with your "signal to noise ratio" bullshit !

like mentally ill compulsive crazy bag holders who can't help themselves.. picking and picking..
this does not surprise me either..
user Come-From-Above posted a quote before showing the OP admitting here on the forum he was in a Mental Institution.
So really all this obsessive sick Monero harping and spamming sort of makes sense if you think about it..
their sick and they can't help it i think.

You've just bumped a month old thread.

I guess you should get some credit though, you're doing exactly the same thing Moneroman88 did, but at least you're doing it with your own account.

Still makes you a complete dick. Just a little less of one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: