Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:09:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX - International Wire Transfer Has Not Arrived After 24 Days  (Read 9500 times)
playitoff2577 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 01:34:17 AM

Hey all, just was wondering if any support team or people who experienced this can chime in. I have a verified mtgox account and I withdraw $10000 USD pretty often with no problems, I receive it on average in about 3 business days. It has now been 24 days and counting, I withdraw $10000 USD (max I can in one time), and it still hasnt arrived, I contacted the support but they just repeat them selves basically saying its the bank doing an investigation  and they are waiting to process it mentioning it takes about 2 weeks.... I also sent another $10000 USD again and of course hasnt arrived (i sent this about 5-6 days later thinking it was just going to be a normal delay for the previous 10k). I now have about $19000 USD in my account and I am looking for alternative options as I cant afford to wait so long...

If anyone can tell me there experience or opinions on what I can do (to wait or just use another alternative that is preferably low on fees), I would really appreciate it, thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:15:19 AM

Hey all, just was wondering if any support team or people who experienced this can chime in. I have a verified mtgox account and I withdraw $10000 USD pretty often with no problems, I receive it on average in about 3 business days. It has now been 24 days and counting, I withdraw $10000 USD (max I can in one time), and it still hasnt arrived, I contacted the support but they just repeat them selves basically saying its the bank doing an investigation  and they are waiting to process it mentioning it takes about 2 weeks.... I also sent another $10000 USD again and of course hasnt arrived (i sent this about 5-6 days later thinking it was just going to be a normal delay for the previous 10k). I now have about $19000 USD in my account and I am looking for alternative options as I cant afford to wait so long...

If anyone can tell me there experience or opinions on what I can do (to wait or just use another alternative that is preferably low on fees), I would really appreciate it, thank you
Use a mtgox code to send it to a trusted #bitcoin-otc member, and have them send you the funds by an alternate route. (Wire, cheque, etc).

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 05:06:57 AM

Use a mtgox code to send it to a trusted #bitcoin-otc member, and have them send you the funds by an alternate route. (Wire, cheque, etc).

I have a better option: START SPENDING THE FUCKING BITCOINS IN THE ECONOMY!
If he takes my advice I bet no freaking bank will investigate... Tongue
LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 07:42:41 AM

Similar thing happened to me -sending- to their HSBC account - and now its just happened again with their Japanese account ... (sending)

They put a warning announcement on their news forum and here .. for some reason they thought that was indicative of excellent customer service, instead of letting everyone know directly via login message or email. It then takes 2-3 weeks to get your $$ back .. if you're having issues withdrawing funds, I'd start looking at alternatives ASAP. Its bad enough that sending funds is an issue, if people are can't withdraw their funds ... it starts reeking of cash flow issues.

In what universe is 2 weeks acceptable to obtain a withdrawal?! It should be near instant, 1-2 days at the most. 
R-

Activity: 238

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 10:17:34 PM

Shoulda used AurumXchange  Cheesy

(Shameless advertising for my favourite exchange)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 01:06:21 AM

Shoulda used bitcoin. If he sold them, he had them...

Or maybe convince his main drugs supplier to accept them. That way he would've avoided banks altogether Grin
Aggro
Donator

Activity: 296

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 11:29:46 PM

Why thanks BitAvenue Smiley
playitoff2577 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 12:10:37 AM

ty all for the advice/sharing experience. They updated me on the 18th with a transaction log saying it has been processed at the date of  April 18th, then arrived in bank the following day. I hope from here on it should be smooth and like the previous transactions the past months, (3 business days to arrive) so i withdraw another $10000 USD, the previous (second withdraw) 10 k hasnt arrived yet though.

@Grey- Sorry to hear that, 2-3 weeks is unacceptable, im not sure if it makes  a difference if your a "trusted" member though?

Aurum exchange looks like a great place but i did the calculations on a bank wire and its way too much, imo there should be a fixed rate for higher amounts or at least a lower %, if that was the case i would use them very often
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 12:59:48 PM

I have done many withdrawals through Sonba on the forum with Mtgox Codes and it has worked flawlessly.
I don't dare request another Mtgox withdrawal through wire anymore Smiley

LordGreynick

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:58:30 AM

@Grey- Sorry to hear that, 2-3 weeks is unacceptable, im not sure if it makes  a difference if your a "trusted" member though?

Aurum exchange looks like a great place but i did the calculations on a bank wire and its way too much, imo there should be a fixed rate for higher amounts or at least a lower %, if that was the case i would use them very often

Hey playitoff2577 - did your funds come through?

Agree with regard to Aurum exchange - if the rate was lower, I would switch right now.

I've been trying to get onto Cryptoexchange but after sending ID scans, I still haven't been verified after 4 weeks ..
playitoff2577 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:32:05 AM

bitdragon - I am unaware of Sonba, what are the limits and how does it work?

Chaang - My last one took 24 days, they used to average 3 buisness days, sometimes receieving in 2, just recently this crazy delay thats really turning me away from them.

Grey - Hey, unfortunately not the rest, the first 10 k just arrived after 24 days, but the other two (one that has been pending for just over 2 weeks, has not arrived) any updates on yours? I keep sending messages to there support team, I really cant afford to be waiting on funds like this.

I contacted Aurum Exchange regarding larger amounts and a fixed rate, so hopefully will get a response soon and post it on here. Maybe if they see there is a demand they will change there rates.

Crypto is good too i have dealt with them and i am verified (not sure what level as they changed there whole system now) only problem is there volume and the withdraw limit at the time (5k max)
playitoff2577 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:12:53 AM

I got this reply from Aurum Exchange support

Hello,

Unfortunately, at this time we cannot lower the fees since we have a lot of capital (6 figures) tied up with MtGox for several weeks now. Hopefully when the situation normalizes with them and withdrawals to our company are processed faster, we will be able to lower the fees.

Best regards,

Looks like they are having problems with mtgox themselves
LordGreynick

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 06:13:59 AM

I got this reply from Aurum Exchange support

Hello,

Unfortunately, at this time we cannot lower the fees since we have a lot of capital (6 figures) tied up with MtGox for several weeks now. Hopefully when the situation normalizes with them and withdrawals to our company are processed faster, we will be able to lower the fees.

Best regards,

Looks like they are having problems with mtgox themselves

This is scary. Real scary.

I just got a note from Mt Gox saying that my transaction is in their system as "pending". My bank report the funds have cleared at their end. When I asked Mt Gox for a definitive answer as to when/why I got a reply saying that their bank was holding the funds to investigate them .. I'm a legitimate operator and have had no problems in the past with payments like this.

Its starting to sound like cash flow issues with Mt Gox. I'm going to suspend all activity with them until they pay up.

This isn't how I want my BitCoin experience to be ... 2-3 weeks per transaction .. if we want BitCoin to continue to be successful currency, the major strategic players can't perform like this.

playitoff2577 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 06:57:34 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2012, 11:02:39 PM by Maged

This is scary. Real scary.

I just got a note from Mt Gox saying that my transaction is in their system as "pending". My bank report the funds have cleared at their end. When I asked Mt Gox for a definitive answer as to when/why I got a reply saying that their bank was holding the funds to investigate them .. I'm a legitimate operator and have had no problems in the past with payments like this.

Its starting to sound like cash flow issues with Mt Gox. I'm going to suspend all activity with them until they pay up.

This isn't how I want my BitCoin experience to be ... 2-3 weeks per transaction .. if we want BitCoin to continue to be successful currency, the major strategic players can't perform like this.

Thats the exact same answer I get, the bank is doing an investigation but I just got a new answer after I kept asking them/explaining how I cant afford to wait on funds for that length of time. This is the answer I got

Hello,

We apologize. Please be aware that withdrawals can be delayed depending on the traffic. Due to the US tax day, there are many withdrawals pending and being investigated by banks. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 09:17:22 AM

Hi Everyone,

I know that you are all upset with the situation and that many of you are really frustrated. To be honest, a lot of small things occurring in a short period of time has caused some withdrawals to be delayed for certain customers. I can assure you that this is not a common issue, and only a small number of people are affected by this.

Now, while this will not help to solve the problem for the affected users, rest assured that we are actively working on improving the speed and reliability of our transactions, since it is for us of the utmost importance! Also we are working on a revamped withdrawal and deposit system that will be not only cheaper but also much faster and far more convenient that what we have today. I have no ETA for you on this, but we are working like crazy to make it happen soon

Once again, we are very sorry for the delays that some of you are suffering from, please remember that we are not stalling or forgetting you, we are working on it case by case!

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 09:59:05 AM

You can do wires by sending bitcoins directly on Spend Bitcoins. We don't hold any funds at all ever. You send bitcoins, we convert same day. Wires take 1-2 business days to arrive in your bank account. Check out all the options at http://spendbitcoins.com/convert.

LordGreynick

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 10:01:47 AM

Hi Everyone,

I know that you are all upset with the situation and that many of you are really frustrated. To be honest, a lot of small things occurring in a short period of time has caused some withdrawals to be delayed for certain customers. I can assure you that this is not a common issue, and only a small number of people are affected by this.

Now, while this will not help to solve the problem for the affected users, rest assured that we are actively working on improving the speed and reliability of our transactions, since it is for us of the utmost importance! Also we are working on a revamped withdrawal and deposit system that will be not only cheaper but also much faster and far more convenient that what we have today. I have no ETA for you on this, but we are working like crazy to make it happen soon

Once again, we are very sorry for the delays that some of you are suffering from, please remember that we are not stalling or forgetting you, we are working on it case by case!

What issues? Tell us more. Otherwise it just sounds like a company is about to bust. This is what usually happens just before a foreclosure.
LordGreynick

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 10:06:34 AM

You can do wires by sending bitcoins directly on Spend Bitcoins. We don't hold any funds at all ever. You send bitcoins, we convert same day. Wires take 1-2 business days to arrive in your bank account. Check out all the options at http://spendbitcoins.com/convert.

Jeremy, absolutely love your service. Its second to none. Unfortunately it costs a pretty penny for larger transactions. I'm doing things like paying for stock/paying wages/investing into the actual currency itself so it really starts to add up. If you had a fixed fee per month / ceilinged rate for individual transactions, that would help enormously.

Also for anyone else, just heard from a gentleman at Cryptoexchange who is going to assist me with my validation issues personally. I must say, that's great service and thank you.

Grey
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 10:31:54 AM

Hey all, just was wondering if any support team or people who experienced this can chime in. I have a verified mtgox account and I withdraw $10000 USD pretty often with no problems, I receive it on average in about 3 business days. It has now been 24 days and counting, I withdraw $10000 USD (max I can in one time), and it still hasnt arrived, I contacted the support but they just repeat them selves basically saying its the bank doing an investigation  and they are waiting to process it mentioning it takes about 2 weeks.... I also sent another $10000 USD again and of course hasnt arrived (i sent this about 5-6 days later thinking it was just going to be a normal delay for the previous 10k). I now have about $19000 USD in my account and I am looking for alternative options as I cant afford to wait so long...

Jeremy, absolutely love your service. Its second to none. Unfortunately it costs a pretty penny for larger transactions. I'm doing things like paying for stock/paying wages/investing into the actual currency itself so it really starts to add up. If you had a fixed fee per month / ceilinged rate for individual transactions, that would help enormously.

Also for anyone else, just heard from a gentleman at Cryptoexchange who is going to assist me with my validation issues personally. I must say, that's great service and thank you.

Grey

Hi Grey,

I presume you're talking about buying bitcoins from us in Australia rather than converting from bitcoins as that is the only thing we charge any premium on whatsoever, and that's simply based on supply and demand. Unfortunately, as counter-intuitive as it sounds, the more you buy, the more it costs us, so we cannot offer any discounts. Sad

On the other, hand, for wire transfers out of bitcoins, the only charge is the $15 charge we pass on from our bank. Your bitcoins are converted to fiat currency at the current USD Mt Gox rate. Again, supply and demand: We need bitcoins more than we need dollars, so we charge no premiums whatsoever to spend/convert bitcoins.

EDIT: I should also mention that Aussies and Americans can get money into their bank account without even paying the wire fee as they can use AUD bank transfer (or even bill pay) and dwolla respectively. So--no trading fees and no (or very little in the case of dwolla) withdrawal fees. Yay!

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 12:48:34 AM

Hi Everyone,

What issues? Tell us more. Otherwise it just sounds like a company is about to bust. This is what usually happens just before a foreclosure.

I do not have all details since I am not directly link to this part of Mt.Gox. Anyway rest assure we are far from foreclosure, WAY FAR... Once again everything should go back to normal soon for the few of you how have been touch by this problem.

Regards

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: