Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:22:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX - International Wire Transfer Has Not Arrived After 24 Days  (Read 9498 times)
playitoff2577 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 02:49:09 AM

I have been affected a lot by this, I cant afford to have to wait for funds like this everytime. In the past, 3 business days was great imo but now its just way too long, until than I am going to try out spendbitcoins.com internetional wire. Can any one chime in there experience using this option? It seems like a great alternative

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 04:29:10 AM

I have been affected a lot by this, I cant afford to have to wait for funds like this everytime. In the past, 3 business days was great imo but now its just way too long, until than I am going to try out spendbitcoins.com internetional wire. Can any one chime in there experience using this option? It seems like a great alternative

Once again, we are sorry for your troubles and as you have experienced it in the past our service was usually fast for you (And still very fast for many others untouched by this problem). We are working on a fix right now and our new service for deposit and withdraw will surely win your heart back again!

Thank you

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 02:10:24 PM

Hey all, just was wondering if any support team or people who experienced this can chime in. I have a verified mtgox account and I withdraw $10000 USD pretty often with no problems, I receive it on average in about 3 business days. It has now been 24 days and counting, I withdraw $10000 USD (max I can in one time), and it still hasnt arrived, I contacted the support but they just repeat them selves basically saying its the bank doing an investigation  and they are waiting to process it mentioning it takes about 2 weeks.... I also sent another $10000 USD again and of course hasnt arrived (i sent this about 5-6 days later thinking it was just going to be a normal delay for the previous 10k). I now have about $19000 USD in my account and I am looking for alternative options as I cant afford to wait so long...

If anyone can tell me there experience or opinions on what I can do (to wait or just use another alternative that is preferably low on fees), I would really appreciate it, thank you

You can do wires by sending bitcoins directly on Spend Bitcoins. We don't hold any funds at all ever. You send bitcoins, we convert same day. Wires take 1-2 business days to arrive in your bank account. Check out all the options at http://spendbitcoins.com/convert.

I can vouch for Jeremy and his service 100%.  I recently converted over $35,000 worth of BTC with his service, and the wires were as close to instantaneous as it gets within the financial industry.  He is fantastic with keeping in touch regarding ANY potential problem, responding within a few hours MAX. 

I gotta tell you, after having issues with Tradehill and other exchanges, it is nice to have someone like Jeremy who simply does what he says. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:29:16 PM

Hey all, just was wondering if any support team or people who experienced this can chime in. I have a verified mtgox account and I withdraw $10000 USD pretty often with no problems, I receive it on average in about 3 business days. It has now been 24 days and counting, I withdraw $10000 USD (max I can in one time), and it still hasnt arrived, I contacted the support but they just repeat them selves basically saying its the bank doing an investigation  and they are waiting to process it mentioning it takes about 2 weeks.... I also sent another $10000 USD again and of course hasnt arrived (i sent this about 5-6 days later thinking it was just going to be a normal delay for the previous 10k). I now have about $19000 USD in my account and I am looking for alternative options as I cant afford to wait so long...

If anyone can tell me there experience or opinions on what I can do (to wait or just use another alternative that is preferably low on fees), I would really appreciate it, thank you

You can do wires by sending bitcoins directly on Spend Bitcoins. We don't hold any funds at all ever. You send bitcoins, we convert same day. Wires take 1-2 business days to arrive in your bank account. Check out all the options at http://spendbitcoins.com/convert.

I can vouch for Jeremy and his service 100%.  I recently converted over $35,000 worth of BTC with his service, and the wires were as close to instantaneous as it gets within the financial industry.  He is fantastic with keeping in touch regarding ANY potential problem, responding within a few hours MAX. 

I gotta tell you, after having issues with Tradehill and other exchanges, it is nice to have someone like Jeremy who simply does what he says. 

Yeah I can vouch for him too .. Jeremy is gold. He's a good operator. Even with the higher fees, at least you know you're getting same day service.
Als Pawnshop
VIP

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:48:15 PM

I've sold lots of BTC at spendbitcoins.com.   I always got the market price with zero fees (except the bank's wire fee), no delays and a better price than I would get at the exchanges (no slippage on large orders).  Jeremy is an upstanding guy and one of the few that I would trust.
Aggro
Donator

Activity: 296

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:49:51 PM

Yeah I can vouch for him too .. Jeremy is gold. He's a good operator. Even with the higher fees, at least you know you're getting same day service.

I think his fees are actually quite competitive. If you take into consideration the cost of selling your BTC at an exchanger, the cost of withdrawal associated with some exchangers, etc... I think it is a pretty darn good deal.
LordGreynick

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:55:46 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2012, 10:08:46 PM by LordGreynick

I think his fees are actually quite competitive. If you take into consideration the cost of selling your BTC at an exchanger, the cost of withdrawal associated with some exchangers, etc... I think it is a pretty darn good deal.

Competitive to a point .. when I buy BitCoin from Jeremy, it can cost near 15-20% (of the total transaction)compared to the same  transaction with Mt Gox. Having said that, Jeremy's service always works and I can rely on the time frames 100%.

Aggro
Donator

Activity: 296

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 10:00:50 PM

Competitive to a point .. when I buy BitCoin from Jeremy, it can cost near 15-20% of what it does for a comparable transaction with Mt Gox. Having said that, Jeremy's service always works and I can rely on the time frames 100%.

Oh I see. I was thinking more the fees for selling BTC than buying.
playitoff2577 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 11:50:01 PM

glad to see a lot of people work with Jeremy, so far it has been great communication wise. I tried 5 k to see how it goes than will do the rest.....
LordGreynick

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 08:06:16 AM

I got a confirmation from Mt Gox that they had received the funds I sent them in Yen (I sent in AUD) and they wanted a 2.5% charge to credit my account. I agreed.

They told me they funds would hit my account within 24 hours. Its been over that now.

Sad

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 09:24:38 AM

I got a confirmation from Mt Gox that they had received the funds I sent them in Yen (I sent in AUD) and they wanted a 2.5% charge to credit my account. I agreed.

They told me they funds would hit my account within 24 hours. Its been over that now.

Sad

Strange, it should have been proceed by now, could you please check again? Now regarding the AUD to YEN, as my colleagues told you, this is not our fault, but rather your Bank who decided to convert your AUD into YEN and charged you with conversation rate and other fees. We never received AUD, just YEN. As we advised you please go and complain to your Bank regarding this matter.

Also to anyone, this problem seems to happen time to time where Banks take the decision to convert the money you are sending to Mt.Gox and by doing so they charge you additional fees and other conversion rates. Please make sure before sending any funds that the bank will not do that and if they do go and ask to be refunded for their mistakes. Anyway we are working on solving this problem once and for all and with very competitive fees.

LordGreynick

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 09:28:52 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2012, 09:52:10 AM by LordGreynick

Sad

Strange, it should have been proceed by now, could you please check again? Now regarding the AUD to YEN, as my colleagues told you, this is not our fault, but rather your Bank who decided to convert your AUD into YEN and charged you with conversation rate and other fees. We never received AUD, just YEN. As we advised you please go and complain to your Bank regarding this matter.

Also to anyone, this problem seems to happen time to time where Banks take the decision to convert the money you are sending to Mt.Gox and by doing so they charge you additional fees and other conversion rates. Please make sure before sending any funds that the bank will not do that and if they do go and ask to be refunded for their mistakes. Anyway we are working on solving this problem once and for all and with very competitive fees.

Somehow my $5400 AUD is now $5,025.41 AUD

Consider that BTC was around 4.8 USD when I made the transfer .. look at my loss .. almost 15%

Would you be happy about this?

Sounds like someone is hedging currency .................

PS I double checked the order and it was def made in AUD.
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 10:37:33 AM

Competitive to a point .. when I buy BitCoin from Jeremy, it can cost near 15-20% (of the total transaction)compared to the same  transaction with Mt Gox. Having said that, Jeremy's service always works and I can rely on the time frames 100%.

15-20%? That would be bloody fantastic!

In reality, it's much less than that. Our AUD buy rate is set at 24h Mt Gox USD high*1.1 (10%). However, when you take slippage into account, it actually comes out to about 7%. For example, if you were to buy 1000 BTC right now at Mt Gox, according to http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/mtgoxUSD_depth.html, it would cost USD 5142.30 with slippage. According to xe.com, that's AUD 4962.36. Buy on http://spendbitcoins.com right now, and it would cost you AUD 5335.00.  That's a difference of 372.64, or 7.5%. Then subtract wire fees and foreign exchange fees, and at the moment it's actually less than 7%.

Not sure where the 15-20% figure came from, but again, would love to make that much if the market would sustain it. Smiley -- Just kidding. Or AM I? muhahaha

LordGreynick

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 12:44:36 PM

In reality, it's much less than that. Our AUD buy rate is set at 24h Mt Gox USD high*1.1 (10%). However, when you take slippage into account, it actually comes out to about 7%. For example, if you were to buy 1000 BTC right now at Mt Gox, according to http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/mtgoxUSD_depth.html, it would cost USD 5142.30 with slippage. According to xe.com, that's AUD 4962.36. Buy on http://spendbitcoins.com right now, and it would cost you AUD 5335.00.  That's a difference of 372.64, or 7.5%. Then subtract wire fees and foreign exchange fees, and at the moment it's actually less than 7%.

Not sure where the 15-20% figure came from, but again, would love to make that much if the market would sustain it. Smiley -- Just kidding. Or AM I? muhahaha

Hey Jeremy - that was a one off time, which actually prompted me to move. In retrospect, it was probably due to me being on the tail end of BTC moving the wrong way in the market overnight ... it was substantial though and even at 7.5%, that's 5% difference to Mt Gox roughly ... Sad

Grey
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 04:57:18 PM

Hey Jeremy - that was a one off time, which actually prompted me to move. In retrospect, it was probably due to me being on the tail end of BTC moving the wrong way in the market overnight ... it was substantial though and even at 7.5%, that's 5% difference to Mt Gox roughly ... Sad

Grey

Totally understandable. Our buying service is not the cheapest, and therefore if price is your number one concern, you should not do your buying through us.

Our selling/spending service, on the other hand, IS the cheapest, so do cashout through us. Smiley

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:22:08 AM

PS I double checked the order and it was def made in AUD.

What about the intermediary Bank? Anyway as my colleagues told you via Support, we recieved the fund in YEN... So someone at one point made the conversion. Can't wait for having our new Deposit and withdrawal system running!

playitoff2577 (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 08:29:13 PM

Hope everyone gets fixed with there problems with mtgox, im not sure what is taking so long with them... just a quick update, received the wire from Jeremy @ spendbitcoins.com in 2 days, best communication I have received so far, best service and going to keep on using them for the rest of the amount that is available
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 03:42:16 AM

Chaang Noi,

I've been waiting since 2012/04/19 for my wire to Bangkok.
playitoff2577 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 06:01:26 AM

Chaang - Yes im pretty sure to USA, not 100 % about Thailand but most likely....

Still nothing from gox as well and its been since 2012/04/08 and 2012/04/19
LordGreynick

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 07:31:06 AM

Any news guys? This is really disturbing.

What's to stop Mt Gox just swallowing up someone's coin and not send out their wires as requested?

It would take local legal action with a Japanese lawyer to pursue any claims.

Assuming the corporate veil exists the same way as it does in western jurisdictions, what's to stop the directors jumping ship and creditors having to go after 5/10 cents in the dollar? Or less. 

Chasing these funds isn't something that we should have to be doing...

Investigations? What sort? By Mt Gox's bank? Isn't Mt Gox a customer of its bank and therefore should take responsibility for its client's funds and not just blame someone else?

Why happened with HSBC?

My funds were released eventually, but took many weeks and a LOT of heartache.

Why are funds taking so long to hit Thailand if its "US Tax related"?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: