Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:49:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need capital infusion/business partner. Heavy hitting passive income!  (Read 1536 times)
Snoozletoes (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:41:50 PM

Hello ,

Lately I've been working on a idea I had a few months ago; and I'm nearing the state of being able to fully implement it. I've spent a lot of time researching high frequency trading, and have some actual experience in algorithmic trading. With varying market success I decided to branch out into something much more controlled.

I've got a sure fire legal way to easily grow capital, and it through arbitrage that can be gained on sports betting websites. The ability to to be the house is very real, and quite easy to do once you understand the concept.

I'm looking for an investment of between 20-100BTC. There are also other safer methods we could use to transfer the funds and assure they are being used to the investment per se. If this sounds like something you are interested in I would love to see your qualifications to invest.

Once I feel like you are a like minded individual I will disclose how everything works. Trust me, it's very easy to understand and I won't ask for a penny till I disclose everything. I just want to make sure I can avoid telling as many people as possible. I'm from the USA and would also love to talk on the phone.

There are many ways we can go about this , and I want whoever is investing to feel comfortable with myself.
I'm willing to put any and all on the line that I do infact have a winning  formula.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:47:48 PM

What is it that you need the capital for?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:48:33 PM

seems legit  Cheesy

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:39:28 PM

Why do you need such a big capital?

bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:03:17 PM

Why not start off with a coin and build it from there. Gratnted, it will probably take a lot of time, but that way you don't have to worry about investors. I think you would have better luck if you outlined your theory/business idea here. That way if it does sound like a good idea, people would be able to hit you up. there are a lot of people that have that type of coin laying around, but dont want to waste the time to get ahold of you..Its a risk, but i think it would be worth it.
mrlupin

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:03:58 PM

Is it horse racing?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 09:09:27 PM

Betting arbitrage? In order to make that work you need a big amount of money on each betting platform. Just to bid on each one and make profit from arbitrage. This type of bet is simply dying out because most betting platforms monitor each other in order to prevent arbitrage. So i dont see how you will manage to profit.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Snoozletoes (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:14:48 PM

What is it that you need the capital for?

The capital would be needed to pay off one programmer, and hire another to do a small amount of work to pull if all together. The jobs don't require high level programmers, but it's still something out of my league, and I need someone who can get the job done.

The rest of the capital would be used as a bank roll. I've invested quite a large sum this far and would prefer to go back to green asap considering monetary risk doesn't escalate with the amount.

Why not start off with a coin and build it from there. Gratnted, it will probably take a lot of time, but that way you don't have to worry about investors. I think you would have better luck if you outlined your theory/business idea here. That way if it does sound like a good idea, people would be able to hit you up. there are a lot of people that have that type of coin laying around, but dont want to waste the time to get ahold of you..Its a risk, but i think it would be worth it.

Well I can't start with one coin,, because it's going to cost me more than that just to finish the system. I could probably bank roll it with a smaller amount, but starting with a heavier bank roll just simply
means more money as the work doesn't change.

I'm somewhat timid, just because I've done a lot of research and haven't found anyone doing anything remotely the same and it could be copied with enough money quite easily. I'm extremely confident I'll peak the right persons interested and they will be enthused after I've explained it to them.

Great suggestion none the less, but I'm confident the right person will be interested.  

This also has nothing to do with horse racing.
Snoozletoes (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:22:21 PM

Betting arbitrage? In order to make that work you need a big amount of money on each betting platform. Just to bid on each one and make profit from arbitrage. This type of bet is simply dying out because most betting platforms monitor each other in order to prevent arbitrage. So i dont see how you will manage to profit.

I'm mean it's arbitrage, but nothing close to the traditional betting arbitrage you are referring to. I'm very aware most betting websites monitor each other, but until there is a universal handicapper this ethos
will continue to stay viable.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

I'm mean it's arbitrage, but nothing close to the traditional betting arbitrage you are referring to. I'm very aware most betting websites monitor each other, but until there is a universal handicapper this ethos

With 6 posts it will be hard to get any coin anyway but without explaining what your trick involves it will be impossible i guess.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Snoozletoes (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:43:08 PM

With 6 posts it will be hard to get any coin anyway but without explaining what your trick involves it will be impossible i guess.

I'm not looking for anyone to invest a dime before I tell them everything. I would prefer people PM me or swap emails so that I don't have to post my invention publicly. 
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:42:15 PM

why do you need the capital and what are you going to do with it?

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
CoinThinker

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Only the best is The be best...

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:48:42 PM

I am sorry to say that your idea will not work, but trust me: I know a LOT about sports betting. Really really a lot.

The system you want to make is NOT going to work. I personally tried that a few years back when I was still very naive about sport bettings together with someone from the UK, and we ran really large capitals. We played around with tens of thousands of dollars.

It was actually very easy to find the arbitrages. We had all the scripts for that, and beside that we have combined the information with some very sophisticated horse racing software (which for we also paid quite a large amount of money), so we try to focus the bankroll to the most possible loosers. And it worked perfectly: we found the arbitrages easily, and we picked up loosers too enough to make us a profit (because our goal was to find a horse which is unlikely to win, doesn't have very high odd, because obviously you need huge capital to lay a bet on betfair with an odds of 40, and also picking up loosers was a ticket for us not to be banned by the sports betting sites - at least so we thought).

And then: BOOM. Trying to place a 1.000 USD bet and the ladbroke gives an error message: the maximum amount you can bet on this event is 0.56 USD (no joke). And then sports betting sites, one after each other limited our accounts (and we had accounts with almost every one of them). No worries, we told, as we have organized ourselves and played from multiple accounts. But it didn't mattered: they just got limited to such a ridiculously small amounts, that it wasn't worth at all. All these, while we actually lost thousands of dollars at the sports bettings sites, money we have earned back on Betfair of course.

We also combined this with an affiliate system so a share of the lost money was returned to us from the sport betting sites. That was the major source of income from this activity of course (as the arbitrages are not so high that you can make really much money).

Drawing the line, we have made some money. But to tell the truth I would have been making more money sitting at my laptop and writing a program as with this one, and with a lot less stress.

As I told: this was 2-3 years ago or so, don't really remember. Since then, they have better protection systems, arbitrages are harder to find also, because sports betting sites react a lot faster to market changes. Market does change fast, arbitrages are difficult to make (remember you need to make sure that the sports betting site does accept your bet, before you can lay on Betfair, and that sometimes take 10-15 seconds, and in this time markets can easily shift significantly, etc.). Plus you will have all the stress, that "wow, this works", and then your next bet will be limited to 0.56 USD, or you account locked, etc., etc.

With sports bettings there are ONLY two ways of winning, no more:

1. Guessing the results
2. Making (high frequency automated) trading on Betfair (or similar)

In BOTH cases you need something like this: https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/1000 (please take your time AND read it carefully). Essentially it's about identifying the events where the market has a wrong prediction. In most cases (because in sports are surprises too of course), the market will correct itself and then you're in money if knew that ahead. It's about eliminating the subjectivity of the market and rely your decisions on lots of facts, analysis, cross-analysis, etc.

The project I have mentioned is the first step of a bigger plan I have. At the described stage it will help bettors to place more educated bets and actually turn the advantage to their side. Once this project is completed, up and running, it will also serve as a base for step 2: developing totally automated high frequency trading robots for Betfair.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: