Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:35:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT: Black Arrow is currently in the process of deleting it's entire thread!  (Read 2063 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 06:06:06 AM

Okay now I'm confused as a moderator, for other manufacturers slowly but surely deleted just as many posts as this, even though it was done progressively instead of in one fell swoop and it was deemed within the forum rules.

They didn't break any rules, but I've chosen to restore the posts and put them in a different topic. The difference in this case is that people are complaining about it. If there are other selfmod posts that people really want restored to a different topic, I can do it. (But it's a fair amount of work, so I'm not going to do it for every little thing).

And a purging probably signals that there be lawyers circling. Might as well restore the posts before the letters requesting the data come anyway.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 07:59:56 AM

Bruno, how the hell do you have eyeballs in every corner like this without any mod privileges? Get out to get some sunshine, man!

EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2068

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:49:03 AM

Bruno, how the hell do you have eyeballs in every corner like this without any mod privileges? Get out to get some sunshine, man!

Modlog is open to anyone. It has nothing to do with mod privileges.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 10:57:11 AM

Ok maybe not "mod privileges", but I meant how many times does he has to check modlog or the actual thread to catch this happening with minutes?

Back on topic - undeleting posts sets precedence though. Any time more than one person complains about deleted posts, it will be restored?

Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:06:26 PM

I restored all posts that were ever deleted from that thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=774278.0

Unfortunately, I just realized that I don't have any way of distinguishing between posts that were deleted by the OP and posts that were deleted by posters. If you deleted your own post in that thread, you'll have to delete it again. Sorry if this is inconvenient for anyone. I'll think of some way of fixing this for the future. I also restored all posts deleted by moderators from that thread, but I can distinguish those, and I might clean them up if I have time later.
Okay now I'm confused as a moderator, for other manufacturers slowly but surely deleted just as many posts as this, even though it was done progressively instead of in one fell swoop and it was deemed within the forum rules.

Now what?

I don't know about those other situations, naturally.

In this case they are deleting posts in the middle of a situation where their miners are starting on fire.

http://ecointalk.net/topic/1348-my-x3-caught-fire/

there are two instances reported on their forum of fires.  not smoke, or the smell of ozone. fire in the cases.

they are denying on facebook that this is happening.  

as of yesterday someone is reporting on their forum that they weren't even notified.

from ecointalk:

"Chemek, on 07 Sept 2014 - 5:04 PM, said:
Where the fuck is the warning email? My x3 have been running upp to this very moment, and I accidentally went back to the forum to see what's going on. Are you out of your mind?

In sure there or others customers who received their x3 and are still note informed."

their initial sales pitch on this forum included a promise to price match any competitor at time of shipment.  they reiterated that promise several times.   this critical consumer protection element has since been refused.  they initially agreed to refund people's money, some several months ago, and are now refusing.  at this point it seems they have no concern for the safety of people.

they used this forum to solicit business.  they used this forum to make promises to consumers that were material promises in terms of the decision to buy, they are now seemingly attempting to use this forum to scrub relevant information from their thread that pertains to a serious safety issue.

There are multiple instances of unethical behavior here, IMO, with damages to consumers in the tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars or more.  The latest development is an apparent disregard for the safety of the consumer.

A scammer tag should be applied to all accounts having to do with this business, IMO.  I don't know what the forum rules are, but something has to be done to stop people like this from using this forum to mislead consumers.

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:03:55 AM

this ended not just as scam but as .. risky life scam!

yolo
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:05:42 AM

Theymos, I thank you for restoring all the posts. It was of great concern to me because had my posts not been restored, I would have been kicked out of my signature campaign. Thanks very much for restoring them.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: