Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:57:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MicroCash - New CryptoCurrency  (Read 13630 times)
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:39:43 PM

Why is there no mention of the source code being open source?
what, you expect them to be truthful with coding and stuff? of course everything should be closed down now.

come on now, this is their third iteration of the same shit that failed twice.

but hey, some people said the third one is the charm, so i think this one has a chance.....to self-destruct.

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElMoIsEviL

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 01:33:44 AM

Should we oppose any Crypto-currency which attempt to Centralize and/or Concentrate power/trust to a few individuals?

I ask because it appears that many of the ideas proposed as alternate currencies add centralization to the Bitcoin model rather than attempting to mitigate Centralization of Power. I view *insert name of alternate crypto currency in question but which shall not be named* as being one example of this. To me, these currencies are simply short term currencies whose point of being is to give the backers some short term gains by selling pre-mined coins or by abusing their own code to extract more coins than other users. In other words to get a one up on the competition and thus make money.

Am I right to be skeptical?

caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 02:36:43 PM

So is the exchange P2P and block chain based?

Do exchange fees go to miners?

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 02:52:52 PM

After a brand has been totally and completely destroyed, what happens next is a "rebranding exercise".
Since SoiledCoin (which was going to take over the world according to the sockmuppets) is now defunct, Microcash appears!
Forget for the moment that Microcash is brought to you buy the same muppets who have failed twice now at making a viable currency.  Grin

At least the tyrant nodes are gone. But honestly, who posts screenshots of the client GUI when claiming they have a cryptocurrency?

Edit:
This sums it up nicely:
http://microcash.org/learn-more.html takes you to a 404 error page.
Now that is poetic.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:07:26 PM

At least the tyrant nodes are gone.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The 1 million coins each might be gone, but they've still got something to claim 51% attack defense and I don't give soiledcoin devs credit to actually do something innovative.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 06:23:00 PM

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The 1 million coins each might be gone, but they've still got something to claim 51% attack defense and I don't give soiledcoin devs credit to actually do something innovative.

All you need to know about Microcash can be found at http://microcash.org/learn-more.html  Cheesy

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 06:30:04 PM

All you need to know about Microcash can be found at http://microcash.org/learn-more.html  Cheesy

STEAL ALL THE PAGES!
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:30:04 AM

I was wondering how long it was going to take to launch SquishyCoin 3. I'm a little disappointed it took this long, but apparently it took a little longer to write the marketing fluff and cultivate new alts/useful idiots.

Congrats on your next failure.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:53:31 AM

Well shit... It's about time we got another crypto-currency going.  It's been way too long since the heyday of alt chains when a new one would come out every other week.  I'm looking forward to mining this one like I did Ix/I0/SC.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 08:27:53 AM

Looks like Microcash.org is hosted in Tokyo.

http://www.who.is/dns/microcash.org/

li414-147.members.linode.com. I hope he has better luck than slush did.

Hang on - no I don't, I hope he dies in a fire.

CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 10:28:20 AM

Should we oppose any Crypto-currency which attempt to Centralize and/or Concentrate power/trust to a few individuals?

I ask because it appears that many of the ideas proposed as alternate currencies add centralization to the Bitcoin model rather than attempting to mitigate Centralization of Power. I view *insert name of alternate crypto currency in question but which shall not be named* as being one example of this. To me, these currencies are simply short term currencies whose point of being is to give the backers some short term gains by selling pre-mined coins or by abusing their own code to extract more coins than other users. In other words to get a one up on the competition and thus make money.

Am I right to be skeptical?

MicroCash doesn't have trust nodes or trust blocks, so it's as centralized as Bitcoin could be called. It does however feature a 51% mining defense which apparently isn't as secure as SolidCoin v2 but they had to make compromises so that they wouldn't get criticized anymore about being "centralized". Realsolid or any other developer can no longer control the chain.

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/591-decay-and-interest-v3-feature-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__6175

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 10:29:39 AM

Hang on - no I don't, I hope he dies in a fire.

Another reasonable poster I see.

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 10:40:23 AM

Because it's implied it's open source? They may even be going back to a MIT license.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 11:18:11 AM

Because it's implied it's open source? They may even be going back to a MIT license.

You can't "imply" something's open source. Either the source is available for all to see or it isn't. So which is it?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 11:21:46 AM

You can't "imply" something's open source. Either the source is available for all to see or it isn't. So which is it?

MicroCash isn't released yet so the source isn't available. SolidCoin source has been available not far from when it was released, that is what I meant it's implied open source. The project it's spawning from is, why wouldn't we assume this is also?

http://solidcoin.info/downloads.html

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 11:55:47 AM

MicroCash isn't released yet so the source isn't available. SolidCoin source has been available not far from when it was released, that is what I meant it's implied open source. The project it's spawning from is, why wouldn't we assume this is also?

http://solidcoin.info/downloads.html

ScamCoin is open-source? Well, that put's a whole new spin on things. Let's see what we've got here...
Code: (mining.cpp)
if(g_bTrustedMiningOnly && (pBlock->nBlockNum%2)==1 )
{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}
Huh. I've always wondered how trusted mining works. Now I know! Cheesy Does MicroCash work the same way? Grin

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:55:58 PM

ScamCoin is open-source? Well, that put's a whole new spin on things. Let's see what we've got here...
{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}
Huh. I've always wondered how trusted mining works. Now I know! Cheesy Does MicroCash work the same way? Grin

That's so trust nodes will only bother attempting to create trust blocks which are even, the odd blocks are normal blocks. Both trust nodes/blocks and trust accounts have been removed from MicroCash due to criticism.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:59:23 PM

and how about the coins generated from it?

straight to your wallet, like always?  Grin

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:00:41 PM

{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}

That's so we could steal people's money, but there was never enough money in Solidcoin to make it worth while. Both trust nodes/blocks and trust accounts have been removed from MicroCash due to everyone on the planet realizing it was a Dictatocurrency.

Glad you can finally admit the truth. Good luck rebranding Soiledcoin into Rapecash.

Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:04:04 PM

Cheesy rapecash  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: