Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MicroCash - New CryptoCurrency  (Read 13626 times)
GTRsdk

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 03:32:58 PM

I think it will be much easier for MicroCash to get new users than those who have already experienced a cryptocurrency.

When I started cryptocurrencies, I first went with SolidCoin.

The reason for that is because it worked in the Windows XP VM that I had to use (it didn't take forever to download the blocks).

And it looked kind of interesting.

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 06:59:54 PM

Why is there no mention of the source code being open source?

Because it's implied it's open source? They may even be going back to a MIT license.

SC started out as open source, but then progressed to a more restricted proprietary license. It's quite logical to assume that no mention of the source code in the announcement means there will be no source code released. I know, silly of me for thinking anything about SC follows logic.

Buy & Hold
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 07:29:39 PM

Source code =/= open source.

SolidCoin isn't open source.  It is restricted under a restrictive license.  Source code of Microsoft Windows is available under license but even Microsoft isn't blatant enough to call it open source.
GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 03:52:22 AM

ScamCoin is open-source? Well, that put's a whole new spin on things. Let's see what we've got here...
Code: (mining.cpp)
if(g_bTrustedMiningOnly && (pBlock->nBlockNum%2)==1 )
{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}
Huh. I've always wondered how trusted mining works. Now I know! Cheesy Does MicroCash work the same way? Grin

That's so trust nodes will only bother attempting to create trust blocks which are even, the odd blocks are normal blocks. Both trust nodes/blocks and trust accounts have been removed from MicroCash due to criticism.

@Coinhunter (or whoever is playing the part)

Over on your SolidcoinTalk info I saw you posted the below as one of the "New Features" in MicroCash.

"Denial of Service code added, can now ban nodes that flood the network"

Which means you have the ability to ban specific nodes, period. The reason doesn't matter, you have that ability and your unstable history more than proves that one of the fastest ways to get banned is simply to disagree with you.

It also means this built in DDOS protection can be exploited to create all sorts of havoc. I wonder how bloated the "Ban DB" will be with maybe 100,000 banned nodes?? It only makes sense you have a central control server somewhere maintaining a database.

Peer <---> Central Control <----> Peer

Same structure as Solidcoin 2.0 except this time you're admitting it up front. Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~

I think it auto bans so if it gets like a hundred thousand or so requests in 10 seconds, then it automagically bans.

More like...
Peer Control <---> Peer Control <---> Peer Control

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 04:57:59 AM

ScamCoin is open-source? Well, that put's a whole new spin on things. Let's see what we've got here...
{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}
Huh. I've always wondered how trusted mining works. Now I know! Cheesy Does MicroCash work the same way? Grin

That's so trust nodes will only bother attempting to create trust blocks which are even, the odd blocks are normal blocks. Both trust nodes/blocks and trust accounts have been removed from MicroCash due to criticism.

Over on your SolidcoinTalk info I saw you posted the below as one of the "New Features" in MicroCash.

Which means you have the ability to ban specific nodes, period. The reason doesn't matter, you have that ability and your unstable history more than proves that one of the fastest ways to get banned is simply to disagree with you.

It also means this built in DDOS protection can be exploited to create all sorts of havoc. I wonder how bloated the "Ban DB" will be with maybe 100,000 banned nodes?? It only makes sense you have a central control server somewhere maintaining a database.

Same structure as Solidcoin 2.0 except this time you're admitting it up front. Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~

I think it auto bans so if it gets like a hundred thousand or so requests in 10 seconds, then it automagically bans.

More like...

GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 06:17:32 AM

{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}

~BCX~

More like...

So close...

sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:10:14 AM

Hang on here - MicroCash isn't peer2peer and has absolute central control.

This thing isn't a cryptocurrency in any meaningful sense, it's a central database with a pretty client attached.

CoinHunter knows that most users understand little about how these things work. He intends to fool them with a pretty GUI and steal their coins with taxes they probably won't understand either. Apart from that the network is grossly insecure both to outside attacks and acts of CoinHunter.
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:25:55 AM

Wow, the ability to ban certain nodes is a heavy strike. I mean, ok, its not like in SC2 it wasnt possible but admitting that is just bad..

But now, just for once, i want to know something simple:
Whats the difference between SC3 (aka Microcrash) and Paypal? Is mining still needed? If so - why? Isnt mining just some nice cosmetical way to satisfy people and make them think that they can actually earn something off of RealSolids share? How would banning be implemented? One DB Server (or cluster) or will banning be propagated through the network and 51% of the miners have to accept a node to no longer be supported? If someone was banned: Would his coins be "tainted"?  ...

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:49:53 AM

Whats the difference between SC3 (aka Microcrash) and Paypal?
PayPal isn't a pyramid scheme.

Is mining still needed?
Yes.

If so - why?
To get more people involved in the scheme in order to steal their money.

Isnt mining just some nice cosmetical way to satisfy people and make them think that they can actually earn something off of RealSolids share?
Yes.

How would banning be implemented?
Arbitrarily.

One DB Server (or cluster) or will banning be propagated through the network and 51% of the miners have to accept a node to no longer be supported?
Doesn't really matter.

If someone was banned: Would his coins be "tainted"?  ...
If by "tainted" you mean "put in the developers' pockets", then yes, most likely.

Any other questions?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 10:51:11 AM

This thing isn't a cryptocurrency in any meaningful sense, it's a central database with a pretty client attached.

CoinHunter knows that most users understand little about how these things work. He intends to fool them with a pretty GUI and steal their coins with taxes they probably won't understand either. Apart from that the network is grossly insecure both to outside attacks and acts of CoinHunter.

welcome to solidcoin 1 and 2

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 01:54:28 PM

/thread

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 08:18:06 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2012, 08:32:07 PM by Cosbycoin

{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}

~BCX~

More like...

AUTOMAGICALLY BANS! THIS IS TOO FUNNY! NOW THEY ARE USING MAGIC IN THEIR CODE/STRUCTURE/SYSTEM!!!! NEXT IS VOODOO!
GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 10:37:31 PM

{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}

~BCX~

More like...

AUTOMAGICALLY BANS! THIS IS TOO FUNNY! NOW THEY ARE USING MAGIC IN THEIR CODE/STRUCTURE/SYSTEM!!!! NEXT IS VOODOO!

Actually, it was discovered that voodoo was too weak to do what they want. Next they will use the Force.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 10:53:26 PM

{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}

~BCX~

More like...

Actually, it was discovered that voodoo was too weak to do what they want. Next they will use the Force.

Bro you can take you RASHCOIN and stick it where the sun don't shine =)
coinft

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 05:32:50 PM

{
Sleep(100);
continue;
}

~BCX~

More like...

LOL

How can we understand this?

1. In order to prevent a 51% attack, the other 51% need to agree on a ban. Unlikely if you can count.

2. Or can bans be set by minorities or single nodes? If so, even small attackers can abuse the power to ban.

3. Or, most likely, the power to ban is centralized, and its owner will dissolve this whole project soon again for yet another iteration at getting at your money.

As in SC2 the threat of a 51% attack is replaced by a much more likely and dangerous attack vector, coming from its inventor. The power to shutdown something is akin to total control, as SC2 shows pretty well. The tyrant nodes proved to be the big dangers some assumed them to be. Noone is able to continue SC2 without them. SC owners are forced out of their coins and into a totally new coin&tax scheme whether they want it or not.

-coinft.
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 08:59:01 PM

No, no, ... it is all completely different!
The 51% attack is only a 51%/2 = 25% attack (it´s int ya no) because half of the blocks are always safe!
consider the code:
Code:
(pBlock->nBlockNum%2)==1 
Thus you can easily see it takes more than 100% to attack, which is of cause impossible.

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 05:40:41 AM

The 51% attack is only a 51%/2 = 25% attack (it´s int ya no) because half of the blocks are always safe!
consider the code:
Code:
(pBlock->nBlockNum%2)==1 
Thus you can easily see it takes more than 100% to attack, which is of cause impossible.

The same power blocks that formerly anyone could sign?

Maybe someone on the inside found a fatal security flaw in sc2 and the team is trying to move on before it is too heavily exploited.  That there is already a third sc is an admission to multiple failures, I don't know why anyone would hop on this bandwagon aside from the usual game of alt chain debut buy-sell chicken.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 12:21:22 PM

If I got the math right
Code:
(pBlock->nBlockNum%1)==0
would be much safer, wouldn´t it?

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 02:59:58 PM

consider the code:
Code:
(pBlock->nBlockNum%2)==1 

The same power blocks that formerly anyone could sign?

Maybe someone on the inside found a fatal security flaw in sc2 and the team is trying to move on before it is too heavily exploited.  That there is already a third sc is an admission to multiple failures, I don't know why anyone would hop on this bandwagon aside from the usual game of alt chain debut buy-sell chicken.

They never would have shut SC2 down otherwise.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 11:34:26 PM

Four words of advice: "Don't get left behind.".   Wink

lol

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All