Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:02:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MicroCash - New CryptoCurrency  (Read 13629 times)
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 10:01:15 AM

Four words of advice: "Don't get left behind.".   Wink
... but me count eight words. Huh
Anyhow, if it is about eating mashed peas I appreciate being left behind.

p.s.
How many angles has a quadrangle? You see it´s eight again, four on the inside another four on the outside.

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Boognish

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 09:28:32 PM

Creepy promotional poster..

MICROCASH:  Coming soon to stab you to death in your sleep and then rob you of everything you had.

pla

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

So, microcash.org still has nothing there beyond the splash page - Thus no ability to configure and test the client before the 10th.  Gee, that 100k in early-adopter "bonus" coins will sure look nice in the dev's account!

Interestingly, though, looking at the page source, it does have something that just screams "professional":
Code:
<div id="subliminal-message">Karmaon: Guys guys! Want to hear a joke? BitcoinEXpress. All: [laughs]</div>

Potshots at someone in a place they can't respond.  Classy.

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 06:25:59 AM

oh Comer

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:21:47 AM

Maybe not a verbal response, but I got one hellacious DDOS lined up for them. Last time was only two days, we're going to go for an endurance record this time.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, or "JSON" is gonna come after you..."     Cry

@Notyep

Well I know this CH Sockie isn't CH or Viper, JSON coming after me was too brilliant for either of those retards...

Seriously though, I am indeed going to kick the living shit out everything Microscash related on launch day.

Also here's heads up because we are going to test your DDOS ban abilities. I want to see how your central server handles a 1000 instances at once being banned for DDOS. Can it handle varying IP's?

Furthermore you have to have some threshold which is triggered. Finding and operating a large number of clients spamming right above the threshold will be just as effective. What if I wanted to send a 1000 people 1 micro-cent legitimately, am I going to get banned?

What happens to the wallet balance of banned clients? Does CH steal them too?

My goal is to make Microcash admins and devs so paranoid they start banning "innocent" people. Do that once or twice and the bad PR will kill you.

Until you guys decide to dump Coinhunter/Realsolid you will continue to have these issues. Whether you admit it or not, everyone knows that BitcoinEXpress played a part in forcing you into Solidcoin 3.0.

I guess Solidcoin 2.0 wasn't so ready for the Bitcoin collapse after all.

Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~
woman, it's already past 24 hours.

did you dox him already?
no ddos?

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:00:07 AM

errrr..

i think i meant his wife.

well, the launch is in a few days...don't forget to keep us updated, lol.

Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:05:10 AM

pla

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 10:34:09 AM

Hey!  Everybody!  Pay attention to me!

I don't think you can really fairly call him an attention-whore when microcash.org fired the first volley (at least, of this round - I get the idea that they have something of a history here).  I'd feel pretty pissed too, if someone decided to semi-publicly taunt me in a place I couldn't respond.

That said, with still no client up, I half suspect they would like nothing better than for a day-1 DDOS to succeed; If no one else can connect to the network, the insiders get to split the 100k early-adoption bonus just between themselves... Not that it really matters, since so far, it seems like they just make up rules as they go anyway and justify it with a nebulous "answering the community".

I mean, I can't even count how many times I've wished the government would tax me more so they could distribute it evenly to Warren Buffet and Bill Gates...

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 10:42:23 AM

Aren't we a week past the launch date?

Who cares ? Better make it perfect than a stillborn !
Etlase2

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:55:34 PM

https://github.com/Ahimoth/MicroCash-Thin-Client

a double value for mintxfee (curious as to why it's even necessary if tx fees will always be "micro" 0.0025)
trademarked/copyrighted RealSolid, curious as to how well that will hold up in court

http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/608-microcash-thin-client-source-code/

for some reason an address is 100+ rounds of blake512 hash, then apparently truncated to 80 bits? for some reason an address has to be "broken in a short period of time"? wondering why hashes are used at all when RS said they would just be pubkeys

and that's about as far as I plan on reading any of that shiat

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 03:44:07 PM

https://github.com/Ahimoth/MicroCash-Thin-Client

a double value for mintxfee (curious as to why it's even necessary if tx fees will always be "micro" 0.0025)
trademarked/copyrighted RealSolid, curious as to how well that will hold up in court

http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/608-microcash-thin-client-source-code/

for some reason an address is 100+ rounds of blake512 hash, then apparently truncated to 80 bits? for some reason an address has to be "broken in a short period of time"? wondering why hashes are used at all when RS said they would just be pubkeys

and that's about as far as I plan on reading any of that shiat

So they only released the thin client? At this point, I feel it is no longer even worth clicking on their links to see.
Without the fat client, nobody has any idea what SoiledCoin 3 is.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Etlase2

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 04:21:33 AM

So far, it seems. AFAIK the microcash full client will be open source as well? I dunno for sure, hard to get anything resembling a straight answer out of RS and his crew.

Etlase2

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 04:26:53 AM

this post is pretty funny for someone who will be in complete control of 5% of all the money ever created in his chain for the foreseeable future:

http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/591-decay-and-interest-v3-feature-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__6401

Nothing has been spent from the CPF so there has been nothing really to decide yet.

"Give me 5% of everything and I'll decide how to use it best later"

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 04:52:10 PM

Look- I hate to be the prick in the balloon of ShortBusCoin/MiredInShitCash happy, happy, joy, joy circle jerk here... but, why not call the facts as they are?

Once again, RS/CH/Darnell and the Crew of Three Fools has brought forth another scandalous piece of tripe. Yes, dear friends, the same Short Bus gang of thieving, lying, disingenuous simpletons have painted fresh lipstick on the pig that is their little joke of a coin and release it to the world, late, closed and once again INFRINGING ON COPYRIGHTS!!

The term "MicroCash" is copyrighted and a registered trademark held by one Gary Stenstrom, through his business and website devoted to poker chips. Oops, he did it again, caught with his weewee in his hand trying to steal the intellectual property of someone else, one more time. http://www.uniquepokerchips.net/Micro-Cash/

Wonder if this private concern will have a stronger interest in bringing suit against this flagrant and unrepentant thief and his merry band of cretins?

sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 08:51:48 PM

Look- I hate to be the prick in the balloon of ShortBusCoin/MiredInShitCash happy, happy, joy, joy circle jerk here... but, why not call the facts as they are?

Once again, RS/CH/Darnell and the Crew of Three Fools has brought forth another scandalous piece of tripe. Yes, dear friends, the same Short Bus gang of thieving, lying, disingenuous simpletons have painted fresh lipstick on the pig that is their little joke of a coin and release it to the world, late, closed and once again INFRINGING ON COPYRIGHTS!!

The term "MicroCash" is copyrighted and a registered trademark held by one Gary Stenstrom, through his business and website devoted to poker chips. Oops, he did it again, caught with his weewee in his hand trying to steal the intellectual property of someone else, one more time. http://www.uniquepokerchips.net/Micro-Cash/

Wonder if this private concern will have a stronger interest in bringing suit against this flagrant and unrepentant thief and his merry band of cretins?

Love your writing style.

That site certainly does add a 'tm' after the 'MicroCash' but I can't find any evidence of that trademark actually being registered. I looked at http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp and didn't find any live trademarks for 'microcash' or 'micro cash' although there are a couple of dead ones. Europe doesn't have any mechanism to register trade marks at all AFAIK.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 09:08:07 PM

Actually, use of the "tm" mark as a part of the application process is enough protection to lock in first use. Especially if the ShortBusKids have once again failed in their due diligence.
Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 09:56:28 AM

maybe MicroCash is a trademark in USA, concerning banknotes cent-valued
i have seen no MC on this notes and it's definitely play money

yeah, this poker-cent-money (TM USA) will definitely cause much problems for a world-wide crypto-currency, all have to fear an arraignment (irony-mode!)  Grin
ohforf

Activity: 327

we are legion

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:48:42 AM

Lets look for the Trademark:
Word Mark    MICROCA$H
Goods and Services    (CANCELLED) IC 009. US 026 038. G & S: Prerecorded Computer Program Recorded on a Floppy Diskette for Use in Corporate Cash Management. FIRST USE: 19810315. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19810401
Thats all. Note the Dollar Sign and the "(CANCELLED)".

Now, look at the Poker Chips Website:
Dead President's Collection

MicroCash™ BankNotes and Certificates Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam dolor libero, porttitor sed sodales non, fringilla id sem.
LOL  Grin
Placeholder Text and a (TM) thats not registered at all. Epic Fail.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 03:53:35 PM

Placeholder Text and a (TM) thats not registered at all. Epic Fail.

Trademark law is immensely complicated and varies from country to country. Most countries don't have the US concept of registering trademarks with a central body so it's entirely possible that adding a (TM) is a valid proof of usage in some countries but I don't think it is in the US.

Trademarks are like patents in the sense that they are meaningless in themselves, you need to be able to afford high priced lawyers before you can get any value out of them. It looks like the only company that might be able to afford lawyers, and has an interest in protecting that name is microcash.nl. If they went to a Dutch court it would take months to get a ruling and then that ruling would be impossible to enforce in Australia.

So stop bashing each other because you are all half right and half wrong.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 07:03:15 AM

ok, so, back to topic.

i'm wondering who's in the right mind would use shitcrocash? it's over 2 weeks overdue, trades only ~.99 btc/day on btc-e, and barely have any activities.

yeah, i calculated. daily trade volume is around $5.

how many idiots are gonna use it?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: