Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:49:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Loan, + build my credibility  (Read 4451 times)
never2sleep (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 03:47:59 AM

Yeah I don't know exactly how I would go about proving we are different people... but hey you said you wanted to bet bring it on!
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 03:52:01 AM

I did mention the entertainment aspect of the lending section?

And, while I initially didn't appreciate psy in some other parts of the forum (SC and BTC-xpress), I eventually worked out what was going on as psy's posts are of good quality.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 03:57:36 AM

I did mention the entertainment aspect of the lending section?

And, while I initially didn't appreciate psy in some other parts of the forum (SC and BTC-xpress), I eventually worked out what was going on as psy's posts are of good quality.

Wink

Yeah I don't know exactly how I would go about proving we are different people... but hey you said you wanted to bet bring it on!

If I said "a little birdie says that never2sleep and Vorksholk are 1 and the same..." would you also think I wanted to bet a little birdie with you?
Get real dude!
Besides we are on a forum about Bitcoins not about Birdies, so, here BTC talks. lol
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

So, anyhoo... Just going to link this stickied thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75742.0
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:11:02 AM

<off-topic> Not trolling psy.  Anyway, my daughter says I suck at trolling. </off-topic>

Back on topic, there is quite a lot of information in the post history to suggest different people (I skimmed it a few hours ago), and like many people new to the lending pages, small loans are a good way to start on both sides.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 04:14:58 AM

Yeah, I'm planning to moving over to investing in hashking's deposits perhaps once I build my rep up just a tiny bit. Anyone here had any direct experience with hashking's deposit service? Looks pretty credible due to what I've seen so far.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:19:19 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2012, 04:45:26 AM by psy

Yeah, I'm planning to moving over to investing in hashking's deposits perhaps once I build my rep up just a tiny bit. Anyone here had any direct experience with hashking's deposit service? Looks pretty credible due to what I've seen so far.

I don't think you need to build up your rep to deposit on hashkings'.
To take a loan from him, yeah, you might need some more rep Smiley
But hey, don't let the lack of rep set you back.
Look at me, one of the most ignored guys in this forum, so my rep is not the greatest: I was one of the first guys who hashking lended bitcoins to  Tongue

Now that I think of it, shit, I must be on more users ignore list than MNW... Shocked
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:22:31 AM

Given the stickies in this section, the info in this thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76594.0), and the regular contact I have with several others, I think my recommendation would be conflicted.

However, Hashking completed a decent sized loan with me (he repaid in full and on time back on 29th March), and he's putting in some decent work into the deposit side of his business.
never2sleep (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 08:23:09 PM

So should I wait to pay "myself" back now or wait 'til the end of the 2 week period?

I understand you guys (as a forum) probably get scammed quite often, with bitcoin being analogous to cash/anonymity and all that jazz...

I already have a minor mining operation setup, but this loan was for an unrelated matter. (Who cares the actual reason, since that could be MADE UP anyway as long as I pay you back?)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Vorksholk, but it appears to me that since we are both new to the forum and don't have any credibility built-up we must ACTUALLY be the same person and only interested in scamming people..

Smh, and I thought I had no faith in humanity..

Could it have occurred to anyone that we might represent a new generation of bitcoin users? An influx of new members is supposed to be a good thing for bitcoin, and the only way the project will actually ever get anywhere..

Is it possible for someone to lookup our IP's or something to prove we are different people?

And I'm sorry I'm not going to provide my fucking address or ID for a 10 BTC loan.

The only reason I got into bitcoin in the FIRST place was for the anonymous/decentralized aspect... But if I can establish rep under a specific handle, that's just as good as an identity!

w/e, just my .02c on the matter. I'm actually just really annoyed over all of this criticism when the system actually worked exactly as intended!

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 08:39:20 PM

Well, as in life there are people who will be mean for no special reason, and others who will be nice for no special reason. 

btw - the place is a lot friendlier now than six months ago
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 08:52:41 PM

QFT
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 08:55:50 PM

QFT

grumble grumble - psy you're making me look up urban dictionary - stupid tla
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 08:58:19 PM

QFT

grumble grumble - psy you're making me look up urban dictionary - stupid tla

Quoted For Truth
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 11:54:46 PM

Bitcoin loan repaid far before due date, and with an extra +4% to interest rate!

Not sure if this is common convention, but need2sleep: you may want to post the blockchain.info transaction, not sure if this is something people regularly do, I'm very new to this.

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 11:56:24 PM

You guys are just making it obvious now.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 12:20:37 AM

This is a joke right?  This is the most pathetic thread on the internet today.
never2sleep (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 12:26:01 AM

I  threw the guy 10.5 BTC instead of the 10.1 he asked for.

He did me a favor, it worked out nice.

I'm going to go back to playing some DotA now because nobody else is saying anything worthwhile in this post, but I'll post the blockchain info later if anyone is interested.
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2012, 01:01:29 AM

@bo2573: why is that?

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 02:52:32 AM

I  threw the guy 10.5 BTC instead of the 10.1 he asked for.

He did me a favor, it worked out nice.

I'm going to go back to playing some DotA now because nobody else is saying anything worthwhile in this post, but I'll post the blockchain info later if anyone is interested.

OMG never2sleep A+++ borrower! Will not hesitate to loan to him in the future!!!

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
never2sleep (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 02:54:41 AM

It's okay tomato, Vorksholk believes me at least. So I gained credibility with one person.

That's one more than I had before I made this post.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: