Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:27:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 2.5Ghz Macbook Pro -  Quick Sale!  (Read 1405 times)
BMFX (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 09:05:26 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2012, 12:45:39 PM by BMFX

Well everyone it has come time for me to part ways with my first Macbook Pro. It’s a 15-inch, 2.53GHz MacBook Pro (MB471LL/A). Its currently running Lion. Version 10.7.3 so completely up to date. The 2.53GHz was the premium top of the line 15 inch, and unlike the 2.4GHz models included the second nvidia graphics card (9600M GT), which gives you 512mb of video memory versus the standard 256mb (9400M).

Same model as shown here: http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MB471LL-15-4-Inch-Processor-SuperDrive/dp/B0017J7T7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334318366&sr=8-1

Quick Specifications.
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
Ram: 4GB (2Gb x 2) DDR3 1067 MHz.
Hard Drive: 320GB Hitachi 5400
Graphics Card: 9400M  (256mb) and 9600M GT (512mb).
For full specifications please refer to the apple page http://support.apple.com/kb/SP503?viewlocale=en_US

This laptop, is still amazingly smooth and effective today being three years old. I will ship with the charging cord, restore cd and any and all manuals i can find. (I believe i have them in the box i need to confirm that though - will know in a few hours). It’s a fresh install of Lion, and if the buyer would like i’ll set up a boot camp with a legal valid version of Windows 7 64-bit for free. Charger and Battery of course included.

Please excuse the iphone quality photos. Full album.
http://imageshack.us/g/710/screenshot20120413at456.png/

Currently there is was the exact same model forsale on ebay at $725 + $20 shipping with 16 bidders and 6 hours left (sold for $745 +$20 shipping), so i am looking todo 130BTC roughly $650 shipped to 48 states- outside of that message me we’ll figure out the extra costs of shipping. Great chance to get a still current laptop , and enter the mac world (nearest comparable apple refurbished is $1000+).

This is a perfect laptop for a teenager - don’t have to worry about AS many viruses =). It just takes getting past the bumps and bruises, all cosmetic.

Full disclosure: The laptop did fall out of a backpack, as such there is cosmetic damage to the right front corner of the unibody. Not too much, but enough you notice please look at the photos above (photo #6 and #7 show it the best.) That being said I’ve had the laptop and been using it for 9 months since the fall and its been running just fine, every diagnostic i’ve ran has came back fine.

The other minor flaw is that the battery is at the end of its life, it has expanded due to me keeping it plugged in almost 24/7 and needs to be replaced. With the battery in it puts pressure on the trackpad causing it to act strangely due to the expansion (a design flaw by apple). The best recommendation is replace the battery and you solve the problem, but if you’d rather not there’s two simple solutions i use.

Take the battery out and plug into the wall - simple and highly effective. What i’ve done myself.
Use a USB / Bluetooth mouse, and set it so when an alternative mouse is connect the trackpad gets disabled. (preferences panel.)

Please if you have any questions or concerns please message me or post here.
I do have a heatware its BMFX, there’s not a ton of reviews but there’s a handful all from hardforums, if you are concerned i can give you usernames of people i’ve done past sales with.

- John "BMFX" Mathews
Thanks for taking a look!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 11:58:00 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 01:32:01 PM by johnthedong

Do you accept escrow?
BMFX (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 12:51:13 PM

I've yet todo any major sale with bitcoins, I wonder if a bitcoin sale would work Ideas.

I'd need to do some research, Not sure how secure escrows are when it comes to bitcoins and what extra risk i put myself in todo so. Mostly i am scared because this isn't a small $80 video card... and i don't really don't want to be out due to a 3rd parties problem / mistake.

I can provide proof of myself being reputable, and always have a tracking id with in 24 hours for the buyer. So i'd prefer to receive my coins before i ship, and ultimately i think it may be better that way.

- John
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:03:29 PM

You pretty much gotta ship first.

Mousepotato
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 04:16:29 PM

Have you tried to list it on bitmit.net? It works like ebay. You can use integrated escrow service.
Hell, I know I don't need a new laptop and cannot afford to buy it but I am seriously thinking about it...
kcmastrpc

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:35:06 PM

im interested in this machine for my wife, but there's no way i'm going to send payment first on this unless you've got some verifiable and modifiable feedback (ie., a site like heatware).

i'm running with 48-0 heat, and 30-0 ebay; if you can beat that then I'll send payment first.

But I doubt I'm going to hear back from you (check my heat in my sig)

BMFX (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 04:51:14 AM

The fact that bitcoins goes in reverse order then normal transactions on say Hardforum is strange... and i may pull my listing with that being the case.

PS KCMastrpc, if you read the whole post you would indeed see i did include my heatware username... While no you are correct its not as "Complete" as yours mines a handfull of positive decent sized transactions (mostly new motherboards and videocard) with zero complaints.

My ebay also has a few listings, i am by no means a freuent seller though.

Like i said i am not sure i am personally comfortable with sending first, i would never do that with a cash transaction so why would i with bitcoins?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 05:10:26 AM

The fact that bitcoins goes in reverse order then normal transactions on say Hardforum is strange... and i may pull my listing with that being the case.

PS KCMastrpc, if you read the whole post you would indeed see i did include my heatware username... While no you are correct its not as "Complete" as yours mines a handfull of positive decent sized transactions (mostly new motherboards and videocard) with zero complaints.

Like i said i am not sure i am personally comfortable with sending first, i would never do that with a cash transaction so why would i with bitcoins?

First of all, welcome.

Here's the deal:  Observably, it seems like literally all Mac-related products listed on here are scams, and usually the first few indicators that it is a scam are 1) low post count especially when selling high-value products, 2) refusal to use escrow, 3) refusal to ship first especially to a reputable member.

There are so many scams on this forum that there's basically an unspoken initiation or hazing for newcomers -- either bite the bullet and ship first OR use someone extremely reputable on the forums as an escrow, or end up being suspected a scammer.

That being said, I would be willing to be an escrow for your sale for a 1% fee.  I would hold the buyer's coins until the buyer receives their product.  Once I confirm they've received it, I would release the BTC to you.  I believe there are others that might do it for free.
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 05:36:34 AM

First of all, welcome.

Here's the deal:  Observably, it seems like literally all Mac-related products listed on here are scams, and usually the first few indicators that it is a scam are 1) low post count especially when selling high-value products, 2) refusal to use escrow, 3) refusal to ship first especially to a reputable member.

There are so many scams on this forum that there's basically an unspoken initiation or hazing for newcomers -- either bite the bullet and ship first OR use someone extremely reputable on the forums as an escrow, or end up being suspected a scammer.

That being said, I would be willing to be an escrow for your sale for a 1% fee.  I would hold the buyer's coins until the buyer receives their product.  Once I confirm they've received it, I would release the BTC to you.  I believe there are others that might do it for free.

Kluge will do it for free, and he's extremely trustworthy IMHO. (Not to rain on your parade the joint)

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
BMFX (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 06:03:48 AM

Hahaha I am not gonna lie if i was gonna sell a scam item it wouldn't be a dropped macbook pro, with an expanded battery.

Have i flat out refused a escrow? no. Do i think its a bit extreme and something i personally am not to comfortable with? Yes. Plus no one has made an official offer, if i saw something was in writing and they had a perfect heatware and ebay yes i would highly consider it.

I welcome you to go Google my username, i am no fly by night user. Not to mention i am a fairly old member, just happen to be a lurker instead of active posting.

Like i said i only considered bitcoins after hardforums failed. Original forum post there: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1686255

Never expected such backlash to common sense.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 06:04:00 AM

First of all, welcome.

Kluge will do it for free, and he's extremely trustworthy IMHO. (Not to rain on your parade the joint)

Not a problem.  The only reason I charge 1% is because of the (slight) risk of holding a large amount of someone else's BTC.  It's really just a charge to make my freaking out worthwhile while I make sure it's secure as f*%@.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 06:15:03 AM

Hahaha I am not gonna lie if i was gonna sell a scam item it wouldn't be a dropped macbook pro, with an expanded battery.

Have i flat out refused a escrow? no. Do i think its a bit extreme and something i personally am not to comfortable with? Yes. Plus no one has made an official offer, if i saw something was in writing and they had a perfect heatware and ebay yes i would highly consider it.

I welcome you to go Google my username, i am no fly by night user. Not to mention i am a fairly old member, just happen to be a lurker instead of active posting.

Like i said i only considered bitcoins after hardforums failed. Original forum post there: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1686255

Never expected such backlash to common sense.

Please do not misunderstand -- this wasn't backlash, nor was I accusing you of anything.

The fact is that rep on ebay and other sites can be bought (yes, people do this regularly) and there have also been problems with old and abandoned forum accounts being hacked and used months later by scammers.

It's extremely unfortunate that the eye of skepticism is upon every newcomer here (yes, I know you said you're not new, but we don't recognize you), especially when we need more and more entrepreneurs to help the economy grow.

Some people go to great lengths on here to scam for the value of a macbook pro.  Just search this forum for all the I-Pad scams...they're endless.

While on one hand it's unfortunate that you are bearing the burden of skepticism, it's more unfortunate when the benefit of the doubt is given, as it has been repeatedly in the past (seriously, I don't think anybody really wants to call someone out for a potential scam when there is no proof), only to watch honest buyers get scammed regularly.  A lot of people who are scammed are newcomers and that can turn them off to Bitcoin entirely. 

From what I know, BinaryMage is correct that Kluge has offered to do escrow for free in the past, and he is a reputable member.  Once you get a successful transaction or two under your belt, then you shouldn't have to worry about posts like these.

BMFX (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 08:52:16 AM

I would agree, there are variables to consider and i guess bitcoins is a bit more high risk then cash.

I appreciate the explanation. Ultimately i will do an escrow if need be to get this sold as i have really no use for it.

So if anyone is interested please let me know if i hear nothing in the next day or so i am gonna ebay it despite my hatred for that website hahaha.
BMFX (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:28:38 PM

Last shameless bump before this goes up on ebay.

- John.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 03:49:51 PM

Let us know the link on eBay.  I'd buy through there, but not through forums.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BMFX (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 11:47:15 PM

Just an update i have listed this on ebay for those of you interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221014576054

- John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: