Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:32:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Balls of steel  (Read 6582 times)
inca (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:49:31 AM

As the price slides inexorably lower remember why you bought bitcoin in the first place.

The market manipulators are trying to shake out weak hands. It is no coincidence the bear trolls come out to play as the price weakens (but curiously disappear as the price rises).

Technically as long as bitcoin doesn't drop below 440 this is noise. Even if it does dip lower or even briefly touches 3xx a high volume reversal there will signal the final bottom is in.

Remember it is in no one's interest, not the holders, not the miners, not even the sell and hope to buy lower crowd for the bitcoin price to collapse.

If bitcoin was a good buy at 600 then its an even better buy at 460.

It takes balls of steel to hang on in a bear market like this.   Bitcointalk is littered with posts from people who sold out in 2011, 2012, 2013 only to miss out on the next surge. In every case hanging on or buying more paid off handsomely. In every case the bears and trolls were wrong.

The market will turn soon..

falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:54:54 AM

As the price slides inexorably lower remember why you bought bitcoin in the first place.

The market manipulators are trying to shake out weak hands. It is no coincidence the bear trolls come out to play as the price weakens (but curiously disappear as the price rises).

Technically as long as bitcoin doesn't drop below 440 this is noise. Even if it does dip lower or even briefly touches 3xx a high volume reversal there will signal the final bottom is in.

Remember it is in no one's interest, not the holders, not the miners, not even the sell and hope to buy lower crowd for the bitcoin price to collapse.

It takes balls of steel to hang on in a bear market like this.   Bitcointalk is littered with posts from people who sold out in 2011, 2012, 2013 only to miss out on the next surge. In every case hanging on or buying more paid off handsomely. In every case the bears and trolls were wrong.

stop finding excuses, admit the fact that bitcoin is going to nowhere but down! lower and lower cheaper and cheaper!

buy more = lose more
inca (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:28:58 AM

It takes balls of steel to hang on in a bear market like this.   Bitcointalk is littered with posts from people who sold out in 2011, 2012, 2013 only to miss out on the next surge. In every case hanging on or buying more paid off handsomely. In every case the bears and trolls were wrong.

stop finding excuses, admit the fact that bitcoin is going to nowhere but down! lower and lower cheaper and cheaper!

buy more = lose more

What a dishonest illiterate wretched creature you are! Wink
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:35:46 AM

since most of this forum has him on ignore, if you feel the urge to converse with it, can you at least not quote it? thanks.

i am satoshi
inca (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:43:17 AM

since most of this forum has him on ignore, if you feel the urge to converse with it, can you at least not quote it? thanks.

Apologies. 'This user is currently ignored' seems to be outnumbering real users at the moment. Free speech is important but it would be brilliant if the forum just deleted users once a certain ignore threshold is reached..

thisisthis

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:07:07 AM

I learned to just accumulate bitcoins and hold them because sooner or later they will be valued much more than now.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4533

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:21:52 AM

Apologies. 'This user is currently ignored' seems to be outnumbering real users at the moment. Free speech is important but it would be brilliant if the forum just deleted users once a certain ignore threshold is reached..

It probably wouldn't do any good, judging by the number of alternate user names it uses.

The signs are quite obvious... the same repeated misspellings, grammatical errors and spammed FUD expressions (dead cat bounce, loose everything, etc).

What motivates this pathetic loser? Mere attention craving? Vested interest in seeing Bitcoin fail? Or more serious psychiatric issues?

I don't have it on ignore because I find it somewhat entertaining in a trashy sort of way, kinda like the Jerry Springer Show.

piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:53:48 AM

I don't have it on ignore because I find it somewhat entertaining in a trashy sort of way, kinda like the Jerry Springer Show.

it sounds more like a parrot who've learnt several curses and now repeats them randomly Smiley I think motivations are, as always with doom trolls, is being left off the 2013 train and now dedicating their life to bashing bitcoin which hurt them.

i am satoshi
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:58:46 AM

I am very happy because Bitcoin didn't go under $400 as falllling "predicted"  Tongue

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
falllling

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:03:21 AM

I am very happy because Bitcoin didn't go under $400 as falllling "predicted"  Tongue

very soon
BTCfan1

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:39:40 AM

this is what happened back in april, i recall it having something to do with the price not breaching the point at which bitcoin miners would no longer receive a R.O.I. on the bitcoins they mine...

please verify Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:54:21 AM

this is what happened back in april, i recall it having something to do with the price not breaching the point at which bitcoin miners would no longer receive a R.O.I. on the bitcoins they mine...

please verify Smiley

BALLS OF STEEL INDEED!

to those who think bitcoin will fail......

Video below for those brave souls who want to walk funny for the next 1/2 hour after watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=desb0W6u80Y

me...if it goes to $5 I'll just have more BTC..(yeah I know I need a life....but hey it takes up less room in my old age then a house full of cats!)

(I've not a clue...just along for the ride..ie we achieve orbit (moon) or we crash and burn (large splat!) ...gonna HODL and ride it out till the end..

at least the whole experience is interesting as hell.....anyway at 50 BTC intend to hold them...well hell if they are worthless some day there will
be USB in my pocket with LOTS of them....(ah my precious!) yep..drank the kool aid now I',m a BTC zombie of sorts........(ah my first cult!)

(ah to think I coulda been an epic long term baby beanie collector a decade or so back!)

FML

Searing (hey a cat...here kitty kitty)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:21:15 AM

Patience is a very important virtue in the investment world. Tongue

Maybe we get back below $400, maybe not. I'm still betting on $350 until I see a strong breakout to the upside. Nothing to see here, yet.

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:05:41 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 09:17:49 AM by zby

I prefer to think about it as a game of wits - I can see that you think you are taking part in some heroic epic. This speculation thing is really magic.
dannyspk

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:18:15 AM

It really does take balls of steel to hold such a risky investment during this infancy period. That's why the ROI is much higher than your traditional financial assets. Let me do the honor to applaud all of you who aren't short sighted about the future of Bitcoin!   Cool
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:24:59 AM

We need to get down to ten dollars to shake out all the weak hands. Only then can the price rapidly rise to five million dollars per coin.
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:35:58 AM

look, balls of steel doesn't mean steel can't be wrecked.  1st time in btc history it will not be good investment for the year.  New trend starting perhaps
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:26:52 PM

All this panic and despair is great, shows we might be getting closer to the end of the downtrend. Could be good to stay off this forum for a while, though.

Should have sold at $650. Should have bought more at $12. Shoulda coulda woulda > hold.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 03:40:25 PM

Nuttus Indestructibales

The Latin anglicism for ultimate guts and bravado. Following from Balls of Brass (British), Balls of Steel (Duke Nukem), Balls of Titanium (Iron Man), Balls of Adamantium (Wolverine), Balls of Unobtonium, etc

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:30:35 PM

There are people who say that the 'weak hands' or 'you need balls of steel' theory is bogus. But I think in a market that actually recovers at some point, it is true! There will be lots of people that got into Bitcoin back in November 2013 and now panic like mad. I guess a lot of them cut their losses and are now out (falllling?!?)

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: