Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:02:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Alco Album @ CoinDL  (Read 2030 times)
jbob06 (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 05:45:33 PM

https://www.coindl.com/page/item/127

Alco is a five member band from Lansing, Michigan With list of influences that includes Muse, Radiohead, Mute Math, and Coldplay, the band has defined a style that embraces ambient and high energy sounds.

http://alcoband.com/

This album isn't out for another week. Get it before anyone else in the world.

Preview available to listen before you buy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 04:11:27 AM

Whoa...I had no idea this is a pre-release release for Bitcoin.  Cheesy

I listened to the album for a little CoinDL QA and must say it's very well done. Would that my music reviewing vocab were up to a proper review. Loving Radiohead, The Verve Pipe and sometimes a bit of Coldplay I would say it's a very solid experience with a few of those ahha moments that make me want to listen again.

Bitcoiners, put your money where your mouth is and take this chance to support the biggest act yet to embrace Bitcoin!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 06:48:20 PM

Bitcoiners, put your money where your mouth is and take this chance to support the biggest act yet to embrace Bitcoin!

This album is best music on the site so far!  Song 08 - Bend the Light is my favorite.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

weex
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:14:58 AM

I have to say #9 The Weight is my fave due to the vocal harmonies throughout but especially in the refrain.
jbob06 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:48:26 PM

Thanks everyone for your support so far! Please spread the word about this release. I've added a link to a sample of a couple of the songs on the CoinDL page so you can get a better idea of what Alco is all about.

Please tell your friends, loving the support from the bitcoin community so far and would love to see it continue.

Thanks all!
jbob06 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

My favorite song on the album is #2 The Tide.
jbob06 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:29:41 PM

Coin DL just launched a feature where you can buy individual songs from an album. We are helping test the launch of this. Please check out the page and let us know what you think.
weex
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 03:59:38 AM

There are now previews of every song on the album so you can listen for yourself to clips of those tracks mentioned above.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 04:11:18 AM

This is mother fuckin' nuts! I click on a random song and was hooked within 10 seconds. They're good!!! Moreover, how soon would it be before CoinDL becomes a major label?

~Bruno~
weex
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 05:02:29 AM

I know! Right?

Is it too soon to announce Bitcoin-a-palooza 2013?

Seriously though, Alco kind of blows your mind how good it is...It's exactly why there needs to be a digital downloads marketplace enabling purchase with Bitcoin in seconds!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 05:14:26 AM

I know! Right?

Is it too soon to announce Bitcoin-a-palooza 2013?

Seriously though, Alco kind of blows your mind how good it is...It's exactly why there needs to be a digital downloads marketplace enabling purchase with Bitcoin in seconds!

Especially on a smartphone.
jbob06 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 01:14:49 PM

This is mother fuckin' nuts! I click on a random song and was hooked within 10 seconds. They're good!!! Moreover, how soon would it be before CoinDL becomes a major label?

~Bruno~

Thanks for the awesome feedback!
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 02:24:23 AM

How can I make sure that the seller actually holds the copyright for the music?

I didn't find any information regarding copyright ownership on the coinDL site...

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
weex
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 04:18:48 AM

In the application process sellers must agree only to list works for which they own rights to sell. CoinDL makes reasonable efforts to verify the owner of any works offered for sale and aggressively investigates any reports of infringement. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 07:38:18 PM

I see. Unfortunately that will not be sufficient.

Especially with bitcoin there is no real way of following up on copyright infringement. With other payment systems you would be able to more easily to trace the fraudulent accounts and prosecute the account holders.

What would be required is some sort of proof, which assures me as a buyer that the money is actually going to the copyright holder of the artwork, not the guy who uploaded the file.

I would even go as far as saying that since you're acting as a payment processor you are liable for any infringement!

Don't get me wrong - I think the site is a great idea. But the money flow sets higher standards for copyright control.

"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 09:03:37 PM

What would be required is some sort of proof, which assures me as a buyer that the money is actually going to the copyright holder of the artwork, not the guy who uploaded the file.

Does this really concern you as a consumer?  Or are you an artist, or perhaps in an industry that depends on copyrights or IP for survival?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 10:07:30 PM

As a matter of fact I am a scientist.
And yes I am looking at this from a consumer viewpoint.
However, my concern is "long term" sustainability of the production of intellectual property or artistic content.

As a consumer I want to:
- get content as cheap as possible
- support the producer of the original content.

Currently the fairest system is to use P2P file sharing to get the content and send a donation directly to the artist.
This takes advantage of the zero-cost of creating duplicates and maximizes the monetary share the artist receives.

A platform like CoinDL however, acts as an intermediary between me and the artist. As such I'd like to see proof that the "donation"/"pay" actually ends up in the wallet of the original artist, because a site like CoinDL will be abused to prey on the money of naive consumers and hurt the creative industry in the long run.

Now - the idea of CoinDL is not new. However, bitcoin adds a whole new level of quality for fraud, because the fraudulent person can easily conceal the money flow.

weex
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 01:54:43 AM

Point well taken Jutanrul. If you see something you fear may be posted by anyone other than the content owner, I appreciate your contacting info@coindl.com and I'll request further verification from the supplier. I've posted a question in the FAQ as well.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 03:39:53 AM

Now - the idea of CoinDL is not new. However, bitcoin adds a whole new level of quality for fraud, because the fraudulent person can easily conceal the money flow.

Well, a quick search on MusicBrainz will verify the name of the artist for an upload:
 - http://musicbrainz.org

And then a copyright search will show the "Copyright Claimant" to whom the sales proceeds would go to, or if not them then to an agent that they authorize.  In the U.S., the copyright search is at:
 - http://cocatalog.loc.gov

So on the surface, the tools are there for CoinDL to be able to have the correct party.  Once their sales levels rise to a level that the revenues become more significant CoinDL will probably want to voluntarily undergo audits to prove they are paying the right parties,  or will be collaborating with the labels on the catalog.

i.e., Bitcoin may be an anonymous digital currency, but the rest of this business operates just like any other in the industry.

Speaking of, I don't yet see CoinDL's registration for service process which is recommended (to protect CoinDL from a copyright holder that might say CoinDL couldn't be located):
 - http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp
 - http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/list/c_agents.html

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

jbob06 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 01:15:11 PM

I agree with what everyone is saying, this was my main concern about CoinDL and they seem to be handling it well. Obviously some people will slip through the cracks and post another artists material, but hopefully it will be caught quickly.

If there is any question about the ownership of the Alco album please let me know and I would be happy to verify the ownership.

Sales keep coming in. I am love the Bitcoin communities support, thank you all so much.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: