Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:25:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: physical PMs, real estate, food prices these days in Greece  (Read 1585 times)
bracek (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 07:17:49 PM

are they behaving (locally, in Greece) as "expected" ?

I mean, food probably is up, but housing and PMs ?

there is one interview on youtube, a guy from Agentina last decade
said silver shot up 500%
is this verifiable ?

so in collapse, it still is much better to actually hold food and what not,
then PMs & real estate
so, unless holding actual cash in hand, all other are fucked ?

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 07:29:30 PM

It seems they are going back to barter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YybbgLO6xtM
Someone should show them how to print BTCs and their fractions
bracek (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 09:03:48 PM

instead of start using real moneys,
they trade new kinds of commodities, reinventing the wheel

tems, time barter, this is so wrong...
I mean, to go and create a tems system, advertize, do so much work, and not find out about bitcoin ?

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 06:31:31 PM

From what I understand, TEMS doesn't seem like much work.  I'm sure it is a lot of work, of course, due to the lack of coherent price discovery.  But the important thing is that it doesn't look like a lot of work.  It just looks like creating money by writing numbers on scraps of paper.

It would be really interesting if anyone knows more about the exact mechanics, to make a post to discuss the pros and cons.

there is one interview on youtube, a guy from Agentina last decade
said silver shot up 500%

Silver didn't go up.  The currency went down.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
teopless

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 09:48:40 PM

Greek here. TEMS was a goddamn fail from the beginning. It was created by people who don't understand how economy works for their town. I don't know if it spread all over Greece, I never saw anyone in Athens even mentioning it.

On the other hand, most Greeks are helpless about technology. The younger generation believes that since Facebook exists, there is no reason for the rest of the Web. The older generation thinks that the whole Internet is a creation by pedophiles to rape more children. Now, imagine taking those two groups and telling them to use some "virtual money". They won't even let you finish your sentence. The older generation will immediately think of Bitcoins as the creation of Satanic Merkel and Barroso, while the younger ones are going to ask if you can win Facebook Credits from it.

Most Greeks can't see the Euro as a sinking boat; they see it as an easily repairable machine. Screw that.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 11:58:27 AM

Greek here. TEMS was a goddamn fail from the beginning. It was created by people who don't understand how economy works for their town. I don't know if it spread all over Greece, I never saw anyone in Athens even mentioning it.

On the other hand, most Greeks are helpless about technology. The younger generation believes that since Facebook exists, there is no reason for the rest of the Web. The older generation thinks that the whole Internet is a creation by pedophiles to rape more children. Now, imagine taking those two groups and telling them to use some "virtual money". They won't even let you finish your sentence. The older generation will immediately think of Bitcoins as the creation of Satanic Merkel and Barroso, while the younger ones are going to ask if you can win Facebook Credits from it.

Most Greeks can't see the Euro as a sinking boat; they see it as an easily repairable machine. Screw that.

i loled, but it is soo true for so many non-greeks too Smiley   i tried to tell some gold bugs about bitcoin and there were like, if you cant hold it you don't own it!

Then show him physical bitcoins...

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: