Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:22:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RIPPLE Marketshare Artificial?  (Read 2112 times)
deejay (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:11:57 AM

I think there is something strange about RIPPLE marketshare on coinmarketcap. It is not behaving like others.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:16:40 PM

Well, it is different than other currencies on there (which are also often different from each other, at least the ones with significant market caps) - what exactly is strange?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:33:32 PM

After Ripple tripled their public coin supply to top out BTSX, I can't take them seriously any more.

I understand the Ripple boards explanation of the event, but the timing of the public XRP supply increase made Ripple look like a bunch of desperate scammers.
That's the kind of move I'd expect from Marinecoin, not from a crypto that wants to be a real contender for the long term.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Cygnify

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:04:53 PM

After Ripple tripled their public coin supply to top out BTSX, I can't take them seriously any more.

I understand the Ripple boards explanation of the event, but the timing of the public XRP supply increase made Ripple look like a bunch of desperate scammers.
That's the kind of move I'd expect from Marinecoin, not from a crypto that wants to be a real contender for the long term.

Exactly, for me personally I never had much trust in ripple. But that act was a new level of low to me; not something that you would expect to be performed by an organisation such as ripple.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:36:55 PM

come on dude its common knowledge that ripple is a hardcore scam why even post this shit

dunno what coinmarketcap admin is thinking to list this crime of humanity on the web site

~CfA~

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:13:32 AM

yup.. that is why there is a asterisk at http://coinmarketcap.com/

and your welcome everyone, i harassed them until they added those.. took ages and a lot of abuse. LOL
but i was right or they wouldn't have caved in and did it  Cool

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:14:14 AM

come on dude its common knowledge that ripple is a hardcore scam why even post this shit

dunno what coinmarketcap admin is thinking to list this crime of humanity on the web site

~CfA~

have you seen how high it is on Cryptsy's vote page all along ?  Roll Eyes

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:15:09 AM

ripple is a scam.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:18:24 AM

yup.. that is why there is a asterisk at http://coinmarketcap.com/

and your welcome everyone, i harassed them until they added those.. took ages and a lot of abuse. LOL
but i was right or they wouldn't have caved in and did it  Cool

proof..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg6803560;topicseen#msg6803560

and my comments on that topic asking them to do something.. anything for many months before that seem to have vanished LOL
prob a deleted msg in my inbox hahhaha

nothing like guys fighting you attacking you calling you names etc for MANY months
only to have them go ohh well i guess he's right  Roll Eyes

classic hypocrite behavior around here..

deejay (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:36:14 AM

It is strange that the price is moving within extremely small margins even after they pumped 20B extra coins in the market and the volume is low.

Do you all realize they will repeat this 4 times at critical times, they will lead the market.

I looked around on other forums why the price might not be moving and some members posted these foto's:

This guy is apparently some billionaire, could it be he owns all the coins and isn't selling? Talking about decentralization....

Well, it is different than other currencies on there (which are also often different from each other, at least the ones with significant market caps) - what exactly is strange?

doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:47:02 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 09:57:46 AM by doc12

LOL this guy is Guttenberg, he was the Secretary of Defense here in Germany some years ago. He was convinced cheating on his PhD and got "fired" ...

Then he was working for the EU ... of course, like every trash from national politics. After failing they get a even more lucrative job in the EU  Angry

Now he is working for ripple as a consultant or something.  Sad

So he already is a Scammer, fits perfect for Ripple haha. Ah and yeah he is fucking rich, dont know if he's a billionaire, but sure he is a multimillionaire and he has some royal roots.
atoni

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:55:44 AM

LOL, you really thing Ripple Labs pays focus to cryptocoin market cap? Haha.

It is not normal that Gliss used 8bn as distributed as Ripple Labs web page all the time showed that they hold 72bn XRP. So how did Gliss come to conclusion that 100bn - 72bn = 8bn?

That is some new math completely not known to me.

To blame Ripple Labs for that obvious flaw on coinmarketcap web page is funny.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:48:06 PM

@Atoni:

So its just completely coincidental that Ripple tripled the available XRP supply at exactly the same moment that BTSX took the #3 spot ?

Pull the other one, mate, it's got bells on. You would have thought that Ripple could maybe have considered how this might look to the rest of the world, but nah......however you look at it, it's fail on a massive scale.

And as for Guttenberg........I got into crypto to try and take my finances out of the hands of incompetent aristocrats/banksters/thieves, not to give them a load of cash for attending board meetings. Guy can't even plagiarise effectively, what makes you think he can run a business ?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:35:04 PM

and they still have another 71 billion more they can release at anytime... wake up sheeple

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
deejay (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:46:34 AM

hear hear

and they still have another 71 billion more they can release at anytime... wake up sheeple

deejay (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:48:44 AM

they probably release the next 20 billion when bitsharesx or any other coin gets to close... to find that mysteriously the price remains stable after that ... wake up people ...

puppies

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:15:55 AM

they probably release the next 20 billion when bitsharesx or any other coin gets to close... to find that mysteriously the price remains stable after that ... wake up people ...

Dont most people that own XRP only really hold them to pay the fees to move gateway created assets around the network? 
deejay (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:26:35 AM

Not exactly.... look at coinmarketcap.com, XRP has value, at least that is what they want us to believe ...

deejay (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:32:10 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Theodor_zu_Guttenberg

He must be worth at least 260 Million.

LOL this guy is Guttenberg, he was the Secretary of Defense here in Germany some years ago. He was convinced cheating on his PhD and got "fired" ...

Then he was working for the EU ... of course, like every trash from national politics. After failing they get a even more lucrative job in the EU  Angry

Now he is working for ripple as a consultant or something.  Sad

So he already is a Scammer, fits perfect for Ripple haha. Ah and yeah he is fucking rich, dont know if he's a billionaire, but sure he is a multimillionaire and he has some royal roots.

atoni

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:03:38 AM

@Atoni:

So its just completely coincidental that Ripple tripled the available XRP supply at exactly the same moment that BTSX took the #3 spot ?

Pull the other one, mate, it's got bells on. You would have thought that Ripple could maybe have considered how this might look to the rest of the world, but nah......however you look at it, it's fail on a massive scale.

And as for Guttenberg........I got into crypto to try and take my finances out of the hands of incompetent aristocrats/banksters/thieves, not to give them a load of cash for attending board meetings. Guy can't even plagiarise effectively, what makes you think he can run a business ?

How did they triple it? Web site stated from the start that Ripple Labs has 72 billion XRP. Better question is how did Gliss come to conclusion there is only 8bn distributed.

I think you are very delusional if you think Ripple Labs even looks at that web page. Why wouldnt they change it to 100bn created to make market cap 500 million then? That would, by the way, actually be only correct market cap since there is 100bn XRP created.

As for Guttenberg, did you go to college? How much of your work was plagiariased? When I went to college, I can tell you with 100% security that half of everyones work was taken from somewhere....just read any final paper posted on internet and search for some weird phrases and you will see it.

I dont know how good is Guttenberg at running business, but his family was crucial for independence of my country as they convienced Germany to be among first countries that accepted us. How many business people in the whole world can you say that about? Now please tell me how many people in crypto you can say that about? We are talking about entire country here. Nuff said.

I dont know why you would call banks thieves. For paying you interest on your cash? Then what is bitcoin which doesnt pay you interest? Also, if you went into crypto not to hold money in banks you are really complicated person. Have you ever heard of keeping cash at home? If you dont want banks you absolutely dont have to use them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: