Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:54:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Horrible Crash to Come due to Big Corp Adoption  (Read 1071 times)
institutionaltrader (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:10:23 AM

As you know big corps such as IBM accepts BC which is good news!

The problem is that they instantly sell BC the instant they get paid via it thus reducing its price in the long term because they are not allowed to have BC on their balance sheet (and the fact it is horribly insecure, no security expert knows how to secure it, anyone can rob them).

The other side of the story is they have forward contracts in place with companies that basically says "you will buy my bitcoins for $X, I don't care if it is lower or higher, I want $X".
They day BC prices are too low for too long, theses companies will have to spend their cash reserves (if they have any) and everything will go down in a death spiral, thus crashing BC even more to very low values.

Of course when this happens, big corps will simply forget about BC and laugh all the way to the bank. Basically they have all the positives of BC without taking the risks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:14:52 AM

BS
fonsie

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:33:51 AM

As you know big corps such as IBM accepts BC which is good news!

The problem is that they instantly sell BC the instant they get paid via it thus reducing its price in the long term because they are not allowed to have BC on their balance sheet (and the fact it is horribly insecure, no security expert knows how to secure it, anyone can rob them).

The other side of the story is they have forward contracts in place with companies that basically says "you will buy my bitcoins for $X, I don't care if it is lower or higher, I want $X".
They day BC prices are too low for too long, theses companies will have to spend their cash reserves (if they have any) and everything will go down in a death spiral, thus crashing BC even more to very low values.

Of course when this happens, big corps will simply forget about BC and laugh all the way to the bank. Basically they have all the positives of BC without taking the risks.

It's pretty hard to read/understand what you are trying to tell, perhaps you should take some English lessons first.

Unless this is fallling his latest account, al hope is lost for you.

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:55:11 PM

and the fact it is horribly insecure, no security expert knows how to secure it, anyone can rob them

stopped reading at this "fact". the fact is, you are horribly dumb, no intelligence expert can detect intelligence in you, anyone can beat you at math.

i am satoshi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: