Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:46:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin and the weekend  (Read 719 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:50:15 PM

So I decided I wanted to print out a bunch of wallets from bitaddress.org and hand out BTC to a bunch of people.. Problem is that it costs me $.05 to send BTC to one address...  Well a lot of people I have talked to that know of BTC know of Doge as well.. So I printed out 100 doge paper wallets form dogeaddress.com filled them with 100 doge and started handing them out !!!  It only costs me 1 doge to send dogecoin.. such a cheap tx fee. 

This would of cost me $5 USD to transfer all of that with BTC.. :S...
It cost me 2 cents to transfer all of that doge..

A) Paper wallets are cool and it a lot of new comers really like the paper wallet.  PPL like something to hold it seems lol!
B) I cannot see how BTC will become a spending currency :S..  Transaction fees are high, IMO it will become like gold.  IT will be held and used as the ultimate store of wealth where doge or USDcoin or something becomes spending currency, probably one for each country or something.

I think I am gonna print out another 100 doge wallets I got a lot of positive response from young and tech communities.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: