Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:56:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The devil, you say? Satanists say they're peaceful sect  (Read 856 times)
niothor (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:01:42 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/06/detroit-satanists-say-theyre-peaceful-sect/15219129/

The Satanic Temple on Saturday marked the launch of its first chapter outside New York. But leaders say they don't worship Satan. They don't practice cannibalism, or sacrifice people or animals.

"It's peaceful," said Jex Blackmore, 32, local leader and part of the temple's executive ministry. "The idea of sacrifice specifically is to appease some demon or some god, and that's a supernatural belief that we don't subscribe to."

Who this Satan is?

The Rev. Chris Yaw of St. David's Episcopal Church in Southfield said Satanists worshiping Satan actually is quite rare; instead, it tends to be a "back-to-nature kind of thing."

He said the Bible is "really sketchy on who this person Satan is," and that the red pitchforks, horns and goat heads were all added long after the Christian Bible was completed. Visit the Satanic Temple's website, thesatanictemple.com, and similar imagery abounds.

"The challenge of Christianity, that has been dominant religion in this country, is to be accepting and loving of all people, and whatever religion they want to practice," Yaw said. "Jesus didn't give me the right to judge other people."

Are they really that bad?

Blackmore said the temple's plans for Michigan include offering same-sex wedding ceremonies and advocating for women's rights — in particular, opposing on religious grounds the informed consent laws requiring that women receiving abortions be given certain information. She also is working on plans to volunteer at local animal shelters and provide other needed community service in Detroit.

I know there are a lot that wanted to join the Bitcoin religion and worship satoshi , but are there any members on this board thinking of joining these guys?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:28:53 PM

Did you read anything about satanism or just that  article..  They are not what one would expect at all...  Anyone that thinks they worship the "devil" is a moron and super lazy. 
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 03:33:44 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 03:57:37 PM by Lethn

I've only read a bit about them but they're basically religious rebels in a way, not the devil worshipping cultists the psychopath Christians try to make them out to be, I came across an article once about child spanking etc. and low and behold one of the satanic temples got in the news for saying they were against it completely because of course, parents who use violence against their children are trying to enforce obedience and the satanists of course want the children to rebel.

Like I said, I only read a bit about them, but basically they 'satan' they worship is a father figure and a fallen angel that god cast out of heaven.... Makes more sense than the bibles story actually LOL.

In before Christian rage in....

niothor (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:36:10 PM

Did you read anything about satanism or just that  article..  They are not what one would expect at all...  Anyone that thinks they worship the "devil" is a moron and super lazy.  

I quoted the article just because I run across it while searching for something different. Then I went back to the forum and saw that there was no discussion about this at all so I thought of it as an interesting subject to hear the voice of the community on this one.

As for me personally I think I know enough about this satanism to treat is a a joke just like all the religions or social movements.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:12:02 PM

Did you read anything about satanism or just that  article..  They are not what one would expect at all...  Anyone that thinks they worship the "devil" is a moron and super lazy.  

I quoted the article just because I run across it while searching for something different. Then I went back to the forum and saw that there was no discussion about this at all so I thought of it as an interesting subject to hear the voice of the community on this one.

As for me personally I think I know enough about this satanism to treat is a a joke just like all the religions or social movements.

You seem very jaded.. I thought I was jaded..  It's okay to believe in something you like be it the almighty pink unicorn or cyrptocurrency.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:29:18 AM

Satanists are not all like they depict them in movies and fiction. Generally its centered on humanism and it just rejects catholic culture as it's oscurantist and deprives man from what really defines him. There are then different types of satanism which include occultism and weird things.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:49:24 AM

HAIL SATAN!

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
LumphiniGarden

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:56:45 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/06/detroit-satanists-say-theyre-peaceful-sect/15219129/

The Satanic Temple on Saturday marked the launch of its first chapter outside New York. But leaders say they don't worship Satan. They don't practice cannibalism, or sacrifice people or animals.

"It's peaceful," said Jex Blackmore, 32, local leader and part of the temple's executive ministry. "The idea of sacrifice specifically is to appease some demon or some god, and that's a supernatural belief that we don't subscribe to."

Who this Satan is?

The Rev. Chris Yaw of St. David's Episcopal Church in Southfield said Satanists worshiping Satan actually is quite rare; instead, it tends to be a "back-to-nature kind of thing."

He said the Bible is "really sketchy on who this person Satan is," and that the red pitchforks, horns and goat heads were all added long after the Christian Bible was completed. Visit the Satanic Temple's website, thesatanictemple.com, and similar imagery abounds.

"The challenge of Christianity, that has been dominant religion in this country, is to be accepting and loving of all people, and whatever religion they want to practice," Yaw said. "Jesus didn't give me the right to judge other people."

Are they really that bad?

Blackmore said the temple's plans for Michigan include offering same-sex wedding ceremonies and advocating for women's rights — in particular, opposing on religious grounds the informed consent laws requiring that women receiving abortions be given certain information. She also is working on plans to volunteer at local animal shelters and provide other needed community service in Detroit.

I know there are a lot that wanted to join the Bitcoin religion and worship satoshi , but are there any members on this board thinking of joining these guys?

Damn after reading your post i began to think about my opinion about satanists lol
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:20:38 PM

The Nine Satanic Statements:

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates.
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
7. Satan represents man as just another animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all.
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years.

http://altreligion.about.com/od/satanismlaveyan/tp/nine_satanic_statements.htm

I used to know a guy who had these on his wall, he didn't worship the dark lord though. To be honest these, along with the "11 Satanic Rules of the Earth", make a lot more sense than most mainstream religion's ideologies. I know these statements were made by LaVey and are not what all satanists subscribe to, but still, food for thought...
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:32:25 PM

If you want to see the REAL Satanists, consider Skull and Bones Society.

http://www.jeremiahproject.com/newworldorder/nworder03.html

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: