Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:57:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Redesigned Peercoin.net is now LIVE!  (Read 1421 times)
Sentinelrv (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:25:39 PM

Hi everyone. For the past couple of months, we've been working on redesigning Peercoin's website. We're currently at a stage in the redesign where we feel what we have is good enough to finally launch, so the website is now LIVE!

http://www.peercoin.net/

We'll continue working on different aspects of the website in the mean time. If you encounter any display issues or have any suggestions, please post them here or open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/super3/peercoin.net/issues
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dexter44

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:41:40 PM

Is it true that peercoin is concentrated in the hands of a few people?
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:09:59 PM

Is it true that peercoin is concentrated in the hands of a few people?

I wouldn't say so. It had a pretty fair launch as far as cryptocurrencies go, and it's distribution seems healthy/right on track for a two year old crypto. Since it's minable, nothing like what happened to NXT happened to PPC.
learnmore

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:10:11 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 11:00:03 PM by learnmore

I would agree the Peercoin is one of the more evenly distributed cryptocurrencies.  You can have a look at http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-ppcoin-addresses.html to get a sense of the top addresses and transactions.

Of course, a list of anonymous addresses is not the whole story, but if you think about it there are several reasons to suspect a relatively fair distribution of Peercoin from the beginning.

1) First of all, the release was announced on this very forum 9 days before the first block was created giving ample opportunity for miners to evaluate the opportunity and determine whether or not to allocate resources.

2) None of the PPC were pre-mined, reserved, or distributed through any IPO/crowdfunding.

3) Because Peercoin's PoW uses the same SHA-256 based hashing alogrithm as Bitcoin it was easy for a wide distribution of interested miners to jump in quickly to the early action.

4) And probably more importantly the Peercoin PoW difficulty started at a high level and adjusts continuously in response to the mining power that's added. 

5) Finally, lots of former Bitcoin mining gear has been re-purposed toward Peercoin, with "agnostic" miners then dumping PPC into exchanges where even wider-distribution continues through open market demand.

Honestly, I think Peercoin is one of the few cryptocurrencies to arrive at the "golden age" of altcoins where there was enough excitement for broad-based interest but not so many fly-by-night scamcoins that it was simply foolish for anyone but insiders to dive into the pot early.  Although I suppose no distribution could ever be unequivocally fair, I'm not sure it will ever be possible to match a launch as "unbiased" as Peercoin's continues to be.
thealtcoinguy

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:26:48 PM

Design wise and feature wise looks good. Peercoin has been around for a while haha....

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:07:55 AM

I would agree the Peercoin is one of the more evenly distributed cryptocurrencies.  You can have a look at http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-ppcoin-addresses.html to get a sense of the top addresses and transactions.

Of course, a list of anonymous addresses is not the whole story, but if you think about it there are several reasons to suspect a relatively fair distribution of Peercoin from the beginning.

1) First of all, the release was announced on this very forum 9 days before the first block was created giving ample opportunity for miners to evaluate the opportunity and determine whether or not to allocate resources.

2) None of the PPC were pre-mined, reserved, or distributed through any IPO/crowdfunding.

3) Because Peercoin's PoW uses the same SHA-256 based hashing alogrithm as Bitcoin it was easy for a wide distribution of interested miners to jump in quickly to the early action.

4) And probably more importantly the Peercoin PoW difficulty started at a high level and adjusts continuously in response to the mining power that's added. 

5) Finally, lots of former Bitcoin mining gear has been re-purposed toward Peercoin, with "agnostic" miners then dumping PPC into exchanges where even wider-distribution continues through open market demand.

Honestly, I think Peercoin is one of the few cryptocurrencies to arrive at the "golden age" of altcoins where there was enough excitement for broad-based interest but not so many fly-by-night scamcoins that it was simply foolish for anyone but insiders to dive into the pot early.  Although I suppose no distribution could ever be unequivocally fair, I'm not sure it will ever be possible to match a launch as "unbiased" as Peercoin's continues to be.

+1.
I value the dev team more than anything else.  With more altcoins adopting PoS, PPC is built to last.
lg15x

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:12:49 AM

This is great website. Have Peerunity wallet, QT wallet and paper wallet.

Due to the android wallet will be release in few days, you also can put a link on website.
hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:16:10 AM

This is great website. Have Peerunity wallet, QT wallet and paper wallet.

Due to the android wallet will be release in few days, you also can put a link on website.

Don't forget Sunny King's Web Wallet which SK is testing.
Chillin_with_beer

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:43:58 AM

The site looks great! And the different sections for different types of visitors make all the info very easy to find.
https://cdn1.iconfinder.com/data/icons/VistaICO_Toolbar-Icons/256/Thumbs_Up.png
elzahoum

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:06:19 PM

this a great achievement website 
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:23:47 PM

Honestly, I think Peercoin is one of the few cryptocurrencies to arrive at the "golden age" of altcoins where there was enough excitement for broad-based interest but not so many fly-by-night scamcoins that it was simply foolish for anyone but insiders to dive into the pot early.  Although I suppose no distribution could ever be unequivocally fair, I'm not sure it will ever be possible to match a launch as "unbiased" as Peercoin's continues to be.

I think this point is especially important. It's much harder for a PoS coin to launch these days as interest in cryptos is magnitudes higher than when Peercoin launched. Today there are entire farming rigs ready to instamine every coin, and whales who can buy large portions of PoS coins and attack the network, as we've seen with a few coins. Peercoin was very fortunate to launch when it did.

I hope you bitcointalk people are ready for the return of Peercoin in these coming months, cause it's happening.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:41:45 PM

Honestly, I think Peercoin is one of the few cryptocurrencies to arrive at the "golden age" of altcoins where there was enough excitement for broad-based interest but not so many fly-by-night scamcoins that it was simply foolish for anyone but insiders to dive into the pot early.  Although I suppose no distribution could ever be unequivocally fair, I'm not sure it will ever be possible to match a launch as "unbiased" as Peercoin's continues to be.

I think this point is especially important. It's much harder for a PoS coin to launch these days as interest in cryptos is magnitudes higher than when Peercoin launched. Today there are entire farming rigs ready to instamine every coin, and whales who can buy large portions of PoS coins and attack the network, as we've seen with a few coins. Peercoin was very fortunate to launch when it did.

I hope you bitcointalk people are ready for the return of Peercoin in these coming months, cause it's happening.

Yes, something Nu is coming!  Grin
FOroT

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:33:40 PM

I have finally found an altcoin that deserves some interest!

Also the website is well made and explains things in a very easy way.

I am quite new in crypto and is the first time I've heard about Proof of Stake, seems much more reasonable than burning so much electricity with PoW, this is what actually stopped me to buy miners in the first place. A cryptocurrency has to be efficient first of all.

ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:54:24 PM

PPC hasnt been doing well lately...
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:07:55 PM

PPC has big things coming. Most of the focus has been on development lately. Check this page to see just some of the projects being worked on. Lots of cryptos have been doing poorly. Patience is needed.
ChronosCrypto

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:03:52 PM

Nearly every altcoin has been crashing along with Bitcoin since the beginning of the year, but that doesn't mean that the trend will continue. For example, as Bitcoin fell from $1200 to $500, Litecoin fell from a peak of $45 to $5, and Peercoin from $8 down to $0.75. It's a pattern that almost every coin has mirrored.

To me, one very important thing to look for is active development. With an Android wallet expected to be finished soon, Sunny King's continued (but slow) work on the protocol, and NuBits on the way, Peercoin deserves some attention.

I like the new site, but I'm a little biased on that point. Grin
lg15x

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:57:52 AM

PPC has big things coming. Most of the focus has been on development lately. Check this page to see just some of the projects being worked on. Lots of cryptos have been doing poorly. Patience is needed.

It's only a matter of time. We just need patience.

And, erveryone, please don't just wait. Andbody can help for Peercoin, by bumping a thread, talking to a friend, forwarding an article and so on.

It's only a little effort, but help a lot for Peercoin and true valuable coin.
homm88

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BTC/Doge

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:10:30 AM

If you mention Peerbox make sure you indicate how easily it's possible to win the 10 PPC bounty for starting a new node . For any person with an extra points on hand, a great incentive for getting started with Peercoin!
hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:57:39 PM

Peercoin will be a real Crypto 2.0.  The other coins' so-called Crypto 2.0 is really ridiculous.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: