Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAC] TalkCoin *** OFFICIAL THREAD *** (spam-free)  (Read 7093 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
k-meister (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:39:19 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 05:08:31 PM by k-meister

[This is linked from the OP of the original official talkcoin thread]

This is the new official spam-free talkcoin thread.

The talkcoin forums have been under organised and coordinated spam attack for 2 weeks now and as a result investors are panicing at the chaos. Its the same group of eight or so people/accounts, the group who tried to take over the coin. Often they are pretending to be the official representatives of talkcoin.
They acknowledge they're in contact with each other on skype, but they post in the forums and hold pretend conversations with each other endlessly quoting and replying to each other in a concentrated stream of propaganda.

These quotes from the talkcoin thread are from two of those people, who claim to be official members of the talkcoin team (they are former members).

“You will be spammed into oblivion” - djm32

"djm… should I make a call in the Nvidia thread for your supporters to go here and spam this tiny thread to death ?" - AizenSou

These people are as alarmingly dishonest as I’ve seen anyone in crypto, and they have often contradicted their own words. Details of their actions are here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573998.msg8683579#msg8683579

Their original aim was a hostile takeover which they tried using a fake "official" wallet. Now they have failed their aim is to permanently mess up talkcoin’s reputation so they can push and get attention for the clonecoin they are planning to release (without a developer!).
Currently they are also running their own thread which they are trying to pass off as the real talkcoin thread.

I’m an outside investor in the coin who has stepped in to help stop the spammers from flooding the forum and trying to kill the coin, and I've been subject to constant personal insults from them since then. That's from people who claim to be respectable and officially representing the coin. It's not possible for anyone to have any kind of conversation over the spam so I asked the dev if we could have this moderated thread so we can get back to normal and actually talk about talkcoin.

To the spammers, you are not welcome in this forum - we had to move here because of you. Please get on with your own life and leave us alone. You can post in any of the other talkcoin threads which you currently seem to have seized control of.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
k-meister (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:41:42 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 07:15:57 PM by k-meister

Dev fund report

This post is an explanation of the dev reward system for talkcoin. This is here because the spammers have made some wild claims about this, and they've been using misinformation and mock outrage about the dev reward as their attack on talkcoin's reputation:

"The dev was stealing coins"  - Ignition75
"He's been stealing from the community"   - Ignition75
"Coins were going to hidden addresses"  - Ignition75
"We caught him stealing 30% of the mining rewards" - TalkTeam
"V2 download with Dev's malicious code removed" - TalkTeam
"Coin skimming by talkcoin dev"  - djm32

I have no prior association with talkcoin or any of its dev team, I'm an investor who has helped defend the coin from the spammers after they tried to take over. I’m writing this because I don’t want to see a decent coin killed by a bunch of assholes. I have never had any coin rewards nor will I ever.

The "dev reward" is the name of the system to put a publicly-voted percentage of the block reward into a fund. It is slightly incorrectly named as it's a general fund for paying anyone (including non-devs) for doing any work for the coin, plus bounties.

I'll start with a summary of where the coins have been used and then make an explanation of the dev reward history.

Wallet id: TgD7ERrggBPezx6JPP2bpWjAFQW1rafzCn
Total funds received: 514k
Total funds yet unused: 88k

The dev has to trace through some history so I've only got approximate figures for now, but these are accurate enough to outline the situation fairly well.

Coins used from reward wallet: 426k
Coins given to "TalkTeam" (a former non-technical helper on the coin and current leader of the spam group): 100k
Coins given to the rest of TalkTeam's group: 50k - 100k
Coins given to other parties for help on coin: 40k-60k
Coins given to developer: 166k-236k

So, the dev has received approximately 1.8%-2.5% of the mined coins for his work, and the hostile team who claim they didn't know about the dev reward have received approx 1.5%-2%.
Other people received approximately 0.5%

It doesn't make any sense how this group of people can claim such outrage about the existence of the fund and claim no knowledge of it, when they have actually been receiving such a significant chunk of it.

It should be noted that this coin has had significant custom development, and therefore the idea of the developer who did that getting 1.8%-2.5% for his work is IMO reasonable.

Due to the controversy (even though it was manufactured controversy) the dev fund is being removed in the next build so 0% will go to any fund.
And as a gesture to show he’s not after coins, the dev is also putting 100k of his own money into the dev fund wallet, which will be used to pay new people joining the coin etc.
So his total gains from developer reward after that payment will be 66k-136k or approx 0.7%-1.5%

History of the dev fund

The dev fund started life as a newly-developed votable system. People could vote the percentage of block reward to go to the fund from 0% upwards. It was openly detailed in the OP of the coin's ANN. The idea was that the developer could be rewarded by coinholders for doing a good job. The dev reward was voted up to silly levels at one point (30%) so the dev changed the code to make 10% the maximum.
Nobody is sure who voted this so high, but as the dev reduced the max amount himself without prompting it seems unlikely it would have been him.
The only other person who would have benefitted is "TalkTeam", the main other person who was in receipt of the fund money. This is now the same person leading the spam team claiming outrage about the fund.

The dev then changed the code to make 5% the maximum, where it has been ever since. The takeover group helpers on the coin were paid regularly from this fund. Some of these helpers (none of them developers) decided to make a hostile move to take over the coin, by spamming the forums with all sorts of crap and making false claims of being official.

At the point they chose to take over, they suddenly claimed they had never heard of the dev fund, and that therefore the dev had been "secretly skimming funds". Even though it was detailed in the OP, and they had been getting paid from it regularly for months, and had received 30% - 40% of it themselves.
They admit on the forums that they were being paid from it, yet they still claim it was a secret fund they didn't know about(!?). A logical paradox. And there is also a quote in the forums from their ringleader TalkTeam admitting he knew about the dev fund.
And they claimed that because they didn't know about the fund then the community didn't either, therefore the dev was stealing from the community. Even though the fund was detailed in the OP.

So they used false outrage about pretend-not knowing about this fund as their main justification for trying to take control of the coin. And since their takeover inevitably failed (the exchanges found no evidence of wrongdoing, amongst other reasons) they have been sending dozens of spams droning on and on pretending to be angry about this fund. What they don't say is that they walked away with 30%-40% of the fund themselves. And did no development.

Claims of "cleaning" and "fixing" talkcoin code

In their fake wallet release, these people claimed to have "cleaned" the wallet and removed code for "secret payment systems". Yet in their source code we can see they have done no such thing, their changes are very simple and clear to see. They were asked several times to show the secret code they removed, and they couldn't show anything.

“We have removed his malicious code”  - TalkTeam
"...identified and removed the dev's hidden payment system"  - TalkTeam
"We have fixed all the issues with the code" - Ignition75

In fact, they had rerouted the dev fund to themselves, enforced a 3% reward no matter what was voted for, and rerouted the coins due for destruction in the genesis block to go into their wallet.
Ginger Ninja

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

They walk among us...

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:54:01 PM

Thank god someone has started a new Talkcoin thread! The spam from those idiots on there was insane!

Trying to hijack what looks like a very promising coin, not only that but they were caught lying in black and white.

Heres looking forward to a much needed good thread on what this coin should be all about!

Keep up the good work - it really is appreciated!
Weiss30

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:26:16 PM

I dont think Ive ever seen such spamming on bitcointalk.
Very good report by the way. I dont think these people have anywhere to hide now. they can no longer justify themselves.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:42:29 AM

Hate slander

Chinese people spread TAC group of negative news, in order to recommend Chatcoin. The purpose of Evil
Ginger Ninja

They walk among us...

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:47:18 PM

Ok, so I have downloaded the wallet (1.4.1?) for win and it won't sync at all not a single block. It just says "no source block available"

Help really appreciated here.
k-meister (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:38:47 PM

Just to let people know, the dev is opening up a new thread to take things forward from here.

I will post the details when he does.
Ginger Ninja

They walk among us...

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:06:39 PM

Wallet synced now - needed to add nodes - working nicely  Smiley
k-meister (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:46:24 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 09:17:55 AM by k-meister

Here is a summary of whats going on with talkcoin for anyone joining.

My name is K-meister and I run mtgoxprotest.com. I am an investor in talkcoin and I've been helping to defend it from a mortal attack for the past 2.5 weeks.

Two and a half weeks ago a group of miners, some of whom were originally paid helpers of the talkcoin dev, pretended to be the real talkcoin devs and tried to take over the coin. They are not actually devs so they paid an outsider (Bushstar) to build a fake wallet for them. This wallet diverted the dev funds into their own wallet, stole the coins being destroyed in the genesis block, and force-flooded the market with 2m new talkcoins per month for them to mine. They released it trying to convince both the talkcoin users and the exchanges/pools that it was the official wallet. They had control of the busiest talkcoin thread because their group was run by “TalkTeam” who had been paid by the dev to help run the thread, so “TalkTeam” owned the OP. As they had control of the OP they could advertise the fake wallet and make it look real.

They used the tactics of constant spam from multiple accounts to block up the thread to hide any posts explaining that these people were a hostile group trying to take over.

They told the exchanges they were the real talkcoin team and they had just replaced one member (the dev). But the exchanges weren't fooled and the attempt failed because they wouldn't accept their wallet.

Since then, this group of people have put every ounce of their energy into trying to destroy talkcoin. Why? Who knows. Either out of spite for losing, to buy cheap coins, or so they can try to release a clonecoin from the ashes of talkcoin.

So we are now in this situation, them and their many fake accounts have been spamming the talkcoin groups to death yelling simply that the dev is a scammer who stole 500k coins and that the coin needs to die. This is completely untrue, so I wrote a report to show this and to show who got what money – there's evidence for everything so I'm not asking anyone to take my word for it. As it turns out, the spammers received 30-40% of the fund they claimed was hidden and all stolen by the dev. Please read the report, its the second post on this thread.

So all the talkcoin threads are hopelessly clogged up with the spam yelling that talkcoin has to die and the dev made off with loads of coins. As I said, they have pretend legitimacy because they own the OP of the busiest talkcoin thread and they are still pretending to be the real talkcoin team.  
And as a result there has been a big panic and the price of talkcoin has crashed. These guys are pure evil and they'll say absolutely any bullshit to reach their goal of destroying talkcoin. They will attack anyone who speaks out against them. That's why I opened this thread, so we can talk without them drowning us out. If there's anything I've mentioned that you want to see evidence for please ask.

Here is the bitcointalk accounts of those trying to spam talkcoin to death: TalkTeam, djm34, Ingition75, AizenSou, Litejavichu, dav1199, Hodor_keeper_of_the_light
They are a group of mining friends. They also have been building up a large number of newbie accounts to support them.

Here's a link to another post I wrote a couple of weeks ago during the takeover attempt, it explains where the bad guys came from and what they had been trying to do:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573998.msg8683579#msg8683579
Litejavichu

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:57:34 PM

He thief 500k... The tests are Talkteam thread, thread real community

k-meister (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:40:38 PM

He thief 500k... The tests are Talkteam thread, thread real community

There we go ladies and gents, what did I tell you! If you have read my summary above you'll know what I mean!
coolmyrig

Activity: 323

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:50:08 AM

@ k-meister  nice job,+100. Grin
22MCoin

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:23:39 AM

where is the new wallet?and dev?
guozi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:06:55 AM

where is the new wallet?and dev?
NEW OFFICIAL THREAD HERE:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781207

New Video Integration

Talkcoin introduces a video feature that allows users to share videos from video sharing sites. Users can directly share and watch videos within their wallet.

(◕‿◕)--Talkcoin聊聊币、第一个视频分享在线观看、第一去中心微博币、第一个匿名聊天币、第一个NIST5算法币;第一个  第一个............
(◕‿◕)--Talkcoin:   TmwMPsGYV4iSQL9pLqXBjeQMVJB5dPYX97
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ --------▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
k-meister (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:22:19 AM

Yes sorry, the talkcoin thread and dev have moved as guozi says:

At the moment we're waiting for the new wallet release.

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 01:50:10 PM

and now what ? Since practically nobody mine the coin
yeah yeah... you chose to back up the dev nobody trust...  Grin

ps: you were a lot more active when it was to bash us than now that you have your coin for yourself (literally since nobody mine it...)
This is where you discover that a lot more than trolling is required to keep a coin alive.

edit: don't thank me for keeping your thread alive  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:51:58 PM

and now what ? Since practically nobody mine the coin
yeah yeah... you chose to back up the dev nobody trust...  Grin

ps: you were a lot more active when it was to bash us than now that you have your coin for yourself (literally since nobody mine it...)
This is where you discover that a lot more than trolling is required to keep a coin alive.

edit: don't thank me for keeping your thread alive  Grin

He just doesn't care, djm34. Like the dev. They fought for their egos, not for the coin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: